- Software Development / Project Planning & Implementation / Scrum master
- Highly skilled technology professional with proven success managing all phases of software design, development and optimization for competitive, ever - changing organizations.
- Excellent background includes relevant education and 10+ years of experience in key solution development roles.
- Natural leader with the ability to coordinate people, timelines and resources to complete projects on budget, on target and on time.
TECHNICAL AND MANAGEMENT STRENGTHS:
- Software Design & Programming
- Full Life Cycle Development
- Agile Project Management Methodology
- Team Building & Coordination
- Time & Resource Management
- Stakeholder Relations & Communications
Application Servers: Tomcat, JBoss
Other Languages: NodeJS, Python, Objective C, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server, SNS/SQS, JMS
Software Development Engineer
Core Technologies: Oracle, Core Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Confidential AWS and Confidential AWS API (SNS, SQS, DynamoDB), Red Had Linux, Java, Python, Elastic Map Reduce (EMR)
- Provide hands-on leadership in the design, development and optimization of robust, scalable platform to calculate royalty payments for all company products (replacing the existing transaction capture and reporting data warehouse.
- Mentored new staff members in Confidential development environment and royalty platform code.
- Manage schedules, set priorities and seamlessly execute all phases of the initiative.
- Successfully designed and developed a leading-edge, distributed royalty system using AWS infrastructure with the capacity to handle and manipulate large amounts of data.
- Analyzed risk and spearheaded the reengineering of the system using DynamoDB, EMR to dramatically increase the amount of data processed by the system.
- Implemented a robust customer reporting system using Jasper Reports
- Expertly prioritized and coordinated tasks to complete the project ahead of schedule.
- Scrum master for the local and Boston development team
Software Engineer / Lead Developer
Core Technologies: Windows XP, UNIX, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Apache Commons Chain, Java, BASH Scripting, Maven/ANT
- Designed architecture for highly scalable, distributed Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) processing platform to support new business initiative for the organization.
- Partnered with the Chief Architect, and presented the design to the Architecture Committee to gain buy-in and support.
- Provided leadership and expertise in development and implementation processes.
- Facilitated the integration with existing infrastructure. Produced technical documentation to minimize redundant issues.
- Revitalized Software Engineer / Lead Development role by adopting a fresh perspective in assessing the application. Rather than focusing on business requirements and bug fixes, introduced architectural and procedural improvements that boosted system operability and scalability.
- Supervised, motivated and mentored onshore and offshore development teams.
- Pioneered solutions to architectural and performance issues that far surpassed management expectations.
Core Technologies: Windows, Linux, Core Java, Java Swing
- Coordinated development of Brokernet, a large-scale foreign exchange (FX) trading solution that enhanced and optimized the company's flagship system.
- Envisioned and presented approaches for major milestones, and collaborated with the Senior Architect in evaluating optimal solutions prior to implementation.
- Analyzed and responded to changing business requirements through ongoing system improvements.
- Completed 100% of design and programming tasks (including technical improvements and operational enhancements) ahead of schedule.
- Implemented several new business features, such as re-architecting the internal credit management system to utilize an external decoupled component to calculate credit, significant work station enhancements and functionality for pip discretion.
- Hand-selected to serve in additional, concurrent role as the exclusive developer of Complex Event Processor (CEP) framework for newly acquired subsidiary company, Trading Cross Connects (TXC, LLC). Despite minimal requirements for the system, built a framework enabled financial analysts to create accurate trade data analysis algorithms for FX automated trading.
Core Technologies: Linux, Core Java, Spring Framework (including Spring MVC), JMS, EXTJS, JQuery
- Designed and developed pbDirect, a prime brokerage system for managing and executing FX trades, and developed web-based Enhanced Net Open Position (eNOP) calculation and monitoring application to boost functionality of pbDirect by providing clients with near real-time use of pbDirect data.
- Managed design and development of brokerage system that provided trade capture, trade valuation, open position netting, net open position monitoring/alerting, trade matching, client reporting services and other functionality for the high-profile organization.
- Developed complementary application that provided high-volume clients with online access to net open positions, which substantially improved time-sensitive decision-making.
Core Technologies: Linux, Gemfire Caching (VMWare), Core Java, BASH Scripting, Perl
- Rehired in consulting capacity to develop a highly scalable, distributed Real Time Limit Checker application used to calculate exposures for Confidential counterparties, and associated database to track agreements and limitations, and enable the solution to approve or deny trade requests in real time.
- Managed development processes to achieve on-time, on-target results.
- Developed a distributed, clustered application that met immediate and future business needs.
- Optimized the system by integrating Gemstone Gemfire caching solution and Tibco EMS for messaging and database updates.
- Successfully produced 100% uptime (with fail-over capability through the cluster) and improved response times by 80%.
Core Technologies: Windows, Linux, JBoss, Rational Rose UML, Java, XML, PL SQL, Perl
- Managed operations of the company's software division.
- Defined technical standards and practices for in-house development.
- Led teams in developing and optimizing the EnterpriseFTX suite of components, which allows financial institutions to provide investment and portfolio information to Personal Financial Management (PFM) client applications, such as Quicken or Microsoft Money.
- Mentored and supervised staff. Participated in pre-sales calls with prospective clients.
- Reviewed and approved design decisions on all technical solutions.
- Created and implemented best practices for the firm, and introduced standards for code integrity and code reuse.
- Supervised a team of developers in all phases of system and component design, development and implementation.