- Professional with 5 years of experience in the IT industry comprising build release management, software configuration, design, development, and cloud implementation.
- Cognitive about designing, deploying, and operating highly available, scalable, and fault - tolerant systems using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Extensively worked using AWS services along with a wide and in-depth understanding of each one of them.
- Highly skilled in deployment, data security, and troubleshooting of the applications using AWS services.
- Experienced in implementing Organization DevOps strategy in various operating environments of Linux and Windows servers along with cloud strategies of Amazon Web Services.
- Proficient in writing Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in YAML and JSON format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Gained experience in deploying applications to their respective environments using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Experienced with event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources.
- Acquired practical exposure with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, and AnthillPro to merge development with testing through pipelines.
- Implemented automation using Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and SaltStack.
- Worked with Docker container infrastructure to encapsulate code into a file system with abstraction and automation.
- Involved in functional usage and gained a working knowledge of web servers like Tomcat, HTTP, JBOSS, IIS, Websphere, Weblogic, and Nginx.
- Exposed to build tools like ANT, MAVEN, and bug tracking tool JIRA in the work environment.
- Experienced with the installation of AWS CLI to control various AWS services through SHELL/BASH scripting.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries and scheduled tasks using cron jobs.
Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, HQL, PL/SQL
Java/J2EE Technologies: Java EE 4/5, Servlets, JSP, EJB, JSTL, XSLT, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, JPA,JSF
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, Java Script, AJAX, JSP, Angular JS, React JS, Node JS, JQuery
XML/Web Services: XML, XSD, SOA, WSDL, SOAP, Apache Axis, DOM, SAX, JAXWS, JAXRS, XMLBeans, REST
Frame works: Jakarta Struts, Hibernate, Spring.
RDBMS / NoSQL: ORACLE 10g MS-Access, MySQL, SQL-Server, DB2, MongoDB
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Web Sphere, Web Logic.
IDE’s and Tools: Eclipse, NetBeans, WebStorm, Sublime Text, MyEclipse, RAD, WSAD
Design Patterns: Singleton, session facade, Front Controller, MVC, DAO, MVVM.
- Responsible for design, build, develop Amazon Web Services cloud applications in lower to higher environments.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and orchestration tools such as Chef.
- Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, AutoScalingGroups(ASG), EBS, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail.
- Created S3 buckets in the AWS environment to store files, sometimes which are required to serve static content for a web application.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java.
- Connect non-AWS applications to AWS back end resources - Develop API gateway to act as the single entryway into a system allowing multiple APIs or microservices to act cohesively and provide a uniform experience to the user.
- Develop Container as Service applications to upload, organize, run, scale, manage, and stop containers by using container-based virtualization such as dockers.
- Implementation of security layer - Authorize and authenticate using multiple concepts such as IAM credentials, API keys, Cognito for accessing AWS resources.
- Responsible for creating and implementing a DR (disaster recovery) plan for the existing setup by creating a feasible architecture of the deployment environments using the cloud.
- Develop Serverless compute services - Develop lambda’s through serverless application model with custom logic, create own back-end services that operate at AWS scale, performance, and security.
- Build custom logic using Java, Python, Node JS for developing the lambdas and providing the fast throughput response.
- Used various Angular UI Bootstrap components such as calendars, masks, uploaders, sliders, alerts, modal dialogs, etc. for developing the UI.
- Manage Extract, Transform, and Load operations - Create jobs using pyspark language and run the script that extracts data from sources, transforms the data, and loads it into targets on a scheduled basis.
- Implemented a centralized common code base for CSU and CFE so that it can be deployed seamlessly into different regions such as China, North America, and India.
- Decoupling the monolithic Tomcat .war application services into Nano services using AWS lambda serverless functions to ensure more scalability, versioning, and performance.
- Refactored the existing java servlet pages into single page dynamic applications (React JS).
- Design release strategy and gather the dependencies for beta version release of the migrated Connected Fuel Extender product with limited pilot customers access.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, EBS, RDS, Route53, ELB, Cloud Watch, CloudFormation, AWS Auto Scaling, Lambda, Elastic BeanStalk), GIT, SQL, Jira, AWS CLI, Unix/Linux, Ruby, Shell scripting, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Nginx, Tomcat, JBoss, API Gateway, code commit, code pipeline, Cognito, VPC, Agile.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Involved in implementation of migration strategy from the existing data center to AWS Also involved in migration of user-profiles to AWS roles
- Designed and implemented user data migration to EC2 instances.
- Involved in creating necessary user role creation
- Implemented AWS solutions using S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and Autoscaling groups
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Auto scaling groups.
- Created monitors, alarms, and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX using Python, Shell script.
- Used Python AWS SDK for the dynamic creation of EC2 instances.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Source version control using Git
- Developed applications using the Django framework using Jinja templating system.
- Performed documentation and user training.
- Wrote multi-thread scripts to obtain optimal performance.
- Used AJAX to reduce page reloads.
- Used the Model View Controller (MVC) framework to build modular and maintainable applications.
- Created table-less design using CSS.
- Developed multi-page applications from beginning to end.
- Conceived and created tables using MySQL 5.
- Created tables, stored procedures, triggers, and views for data access and manipulation.
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Involved in the complete Software Development Life Cycle including Requirement Analysis, Design, Implementation, End to End Testing, and Maintenance.
- In the Front end of the Application designed and implemented a publishing framework and reusable UI component library based on AngularJS and jQuery.
- Designed and developed Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Designed and developed the application using the Struts framework.
- The RESTful web services have been used to retrieve and update the data which is populated in view using Angularjs MODEL.
- Create RFP (Request for Proposal) microservice to provide RESTful API utilizing Spring Boot with Spring MVC.
- Dependency injection which is a very significant step in the UI development application has been implemented through services, a feature provided by Angular.js.
- Utilize Camel to integrate microservices with other microservices and RabbitMQ messaging exchanges.
- Involved in developing code for obtaining bean references in spring framework using Dependency Injection (DI) or Inversion of Control (IOC) using annotations. This functionality is implemented by developing services using Spring boot.
- Used Spring validation and wrote validation rules.
- Primarily focused on spring components such as Dispatcher Servlets, Controllers, Model, and View Objects.
- Implemented the application following the J2EE best practices and patterns like Singleton, Factory, Session Façade, MVC, and DAO.
- Developed Business components using Java Objects and used the Hibernate framework to map the Java classes to the database.
- Extensively used JQuery selectors, events, Traversal, and JQuery AJAX with JSON Objects.
- Used Hibernate, object/relational-mapping (ORM) solution, the technique of mapping data representation from the MVC model to Oracle Relational data model with a SQL-based schema.
- Customized Rich Faces data grid Floating filtering, Sorting, Pagination, clearing all filters, row coloring, column spans, scroll bars, Refine Views, column, and header styles.
- Implemented Model View Controller (MVC) Architecture and coded Java Beans (as the model).
- Designed and implemented the UI components using AngularJS for file storage.
- Wrote Linux shell scripts for automation.
- Implemented log4j for logging purposes and debug the application.
- Prepared Junit test cases and executed the test cases using Junit in eclipse.
- Executed Jprobe and resolved the performance issues in the application.