- IT Professional with over 25 years of experience in software development including requirements, technical specifications, systems analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of large - scale applications in Insurance - Claims, Finance, Telecommunications and Retail industries.
- Working as Technical Lead of Agile team.
- Specialized in JEE, Spring Boot, RESTful/SOAP Web Services, MyBatis, JSON, XML, MQ, Oracle, PL/SQL.
- Created Architecture diagrams, mentor other developers, led design sessions, performed design and code reviews, involved in object oriented application design and development, designed complex stored procedures, resolved performance issues, performed problem troubleshooting, problem resolution and root cause analysis for the application.
- Known as a strong team player with a positive attitude and innovative skills.
Programming: Java EE 8/7, Spring Boot 2.x.x, RESTful/SOAP web services, MyBatis 3.x, JSON, XML, MQ, Message Driven Beans, PL/SQL, Powerbuilder 11.5/9
DevOps Tool: Gradle, Git 2.x, Jenkins 2.x, Artifactory, Red Hat OpenShift 3.x
Application Server: WebSphere 8.5/Liberty, Tuxedo 8.0
Database: Oracle 12c, SQL Server, Mongo DB
Version Control: Git, Subversion, ClearCase, Visual SourceSafe, PVCS
Operating System: AIX, Linux, Windows
- Led design sessions and assisted analysts to provide acceptance criteria of technical and functional user stories. Mentored other developers, performed code reviews and helped testers to provide testing scenarios and validate results.
- Designed and built Rules Engine to execute rules for work routing to determine correct group queue to route Human Task, same rules engine also determine SLAs and Skills Set. Used Spring Expression and MyBatis to execute rules based on claim data. Designed and coded complex business rules to calculate the deadline date (SLAs) for workflow task.
- Re-designed the application process to reduce the time to create held claim cases/tasks from 8-10 hours to 15 - 30 minutes. Held Claims cases/tasks are created after any hold is applied on the claim.
- Designed the flow of various components - Migration Router, Conductor workers, REST APIs, and created detailed architecture diagram includes all components and interfaces of claims workflow application.
- Consumed SOAP (AIS) and RESTful web services (EIP) to search medical records using Java EE 8 and Spring Boot with Gradle.
- Created several REST APIs to perform user actions on the workflow task for example, Get Next, Route tasks to other user/Supervisor, un-assign task to group queue.
- Created Netflix Conductor workflow and tasks definition and use it to create workflow and multiple tasks including Human Task to perform action on the claim. Automated the process using Netflix Conductor system task to deny the claim.
- Designed data model of all Oracle tables and created DDL/DML scripts to deploy through BART/Liquibase.
- Used Jenkins2 to build the code, integrated OpenShift/Control M batch job components with SmartIT and deployed all Back End and UI components using Red, Blue, and Green deployment to Red Hat OpenShift.
- Coordinated with PMI/Security team and created security testing document to provide positive and negative test results using various data entitlements for user actions.
Environment: Java EE 8, Spring Boot, MyBatis 3.0, Netflix Conductor, JSON, Gradle 4.6, Git 2.x, Jenkins2, Red Hat OpenShift 3.x, Liquibase, Visio, PL/SQL, Oracle 12c
- Created new Java Spring MVC application for OPL workflow exceptions. Worked as Technical Lead of Agile Team. Involved in multiple design sessions with Analysts, developers and testers that helped Analyst to write detailed acceptance criteria for user story.
- Designed and created XML schema to accept XML messages on WebSphere MQ. Used Java MDB to consume the message and created work item for OPL COBD exceptions. Created Base classes and assigned work to other developers.
- Created multiple Restful web services to perform various workflow actions on OPL tracking cases, for example Get Next, Assign, Route, Re-route, Un-assign and Finalize.
- Designed, coded and implemented CSR (Cost Sharing Reduction) project for Confidential impacts. Coordinated with other claim team to finalize the design and completed unit and integrated testing.
- Migrated Tux/Pro*C “Case Search” component that used 125 static queries to Java/WebSphere using MyBatis by only 1 dynamic query.
- Provided technical solution for business problem for Open Span project. Explained the entire process to developers from other team by creating Visio diagram. Reviewed test cases and requested to add required scenarios to test the changes. Completed coding and worked with Open Span team to complete the testing.
- Performed code reviews and provided necessary guidance to other developers to write code efficiently. Consistently encouraged the sharing of information and expertise with team to solve problems and drive successful outcomes.
- Root Cause Analysis of multiple production issues. Documented the problem and provided possible solutions. Worked with cross functional teams to resolve issues.
- Successfully migrated 2 WebSphere7 applications to Liberty server that saved significant cost to the company.
- Led the migration of EDM component from Tux to Java, which has saved significant licensing cost to the company.
- Identified required changes related with PIMS project for all Confidential components and coordinated with PIMS team to resolve and design or data related issues. Designed XML schema and integration with pro*C code and Java component to call PIMS SOAP service.
- Migrated multiple Tux/Pro*C backend components to Java/WebSphere using MyBatis & Spring JDBC.
Environment: Java EE 7, Spring MVC, MyBatis, Git, Subversion, ClearCase, Jenkins, JSON, XML, WebSphere 8.5/ Liberty, MQ, Message Driven Beans, Visio, Oracle 11/10g
- Optimized the code by removing redundant steps and converting 4 different batch jobs into 1.
- Designed the data model which reduced the initial design of creating 760 new database columns down to 19 new columns.
- Refinement of the system design resulted in much less maintenance costs going forward.
- Evaluated the time estimation to complete the tasks containing design, coding & unit testing of all front and back end components.
- Designed and coded the interface with other Powerbuilder (Diamond & Convergence) and Visual Basic applications.
- Used OLE object and API functions to interface with Client Letter.
- Prepared functional and detailed technical specifications document, coded all components including Powerbuilder NVOs & visual objects, tuxedo services in Pro*C & C, PL/SQL scripts, K-shell scripts, and SQL Loader scripts.
- Created development environment for new releases and prepared release notes documents.
Environment: PowerBuilder 9.0, Pro*C, PL/SQL, Oracle, SQL*Loader, Tuxedo 8.0, UNIX (AIX)
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Created System Overview and System Context documents with flow diagrams for the entire application.
- Wrote high level and detailed technical specifications, unit and system test plans, performed design and code reviews, and coded powerbuilder objects, K-shell scripts, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Packages & Functions.
- Implemented Visa/MasterCard regulatory (twice a year) and non-regulatory release requests. Used ClearCase to maintain the release versions.
- Provided 3rd level production support on application and database side. Interacted with Business System Analysts and centralized production support team to provide the solution of production problems.
Environment: Powerbuilder 9.0/8.0.3, Oracle 9i/8i, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, HP-UX 11.0, Korn shell scripting, ClearCase, Toad 7.5, Windows NT/XP
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Used 3 Tier, Object Oriented Design & Component structure and worked with 25+ developer’s team in the project.
- Interfaced with business analysts to gather information and requirements.
- Wrote Functional specifications with flow diagrams, Pseudo code for a module HMO GSCR. Divided rate calculation part of this module into 25 different stored procedures & functions and put into related packages.
- Coded Packages, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers, Powerbuilder Base Class Objects, Extended PFC objects and services, NVOs and Visual Objects. Wrote NVOs on client and application server side. All Datawindows were created using Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures. Used REF cursor and Dynamic SQL in stored procedures.
Environment: Powerbuilder 7.0.3, PFC, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, SQL Navigator 4.1, Visual SourceSafe 6, Windows NT
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Provided 24x7 production supports for the application.
- Interacted with the users and provided the solution of production problems.
- Designed and developed new interface screens, PL/SQL stored procedures and integrated them with the system.
- Corrected and Integrated defects.
Environment: Powerbuilder 6.5, PFC, Oracle 8i, SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Windows 2000, UNIX, Shell Scripts, PVCS