- A full stack Java developer over the years having 10 years of experience in Software Development, currently working for Citi Bank as a consultant and enthusiastic in learning cutting edge technologies.
- Extremely well versed in different frameworks/technologies involving Java, Spring, Spring Boot, REST/SOAP, Web services, Spring Batch, Elasticsearch and relational databases.
- Very good exposure in Microservices architecture, Cloud and related technologies viz., Azure, Openshift, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent and in - depth knowledge in Finance, Telecom, Payments and Insurance Domains with excellent communication skills.
- Experience in design and development of applications both as an individual contributor and in leading/guiding team members towards successful project delivery.
- Experience working with and guiding onshore/offshore team members towards successful project delivery.
Software Process: : Agile and Water-Fall Methodologies
Database: : Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL
Web/App Servers: : Docker, Apache Tomcat, JBoss and IBM WebSphere
Development Environments: IntelliJ, Eclipse, NetBeans, IBM RAD with WAS
Operating System: : Windows and Linux
- This project uses Spring Remote partitioning using Confidential and is a rewrite of the existing Spring Batch application which processes huge volumes of data.
- The challenging aspect of the project is that the current production application that runs in linux box needs around Confidential of main memory.
- The architecture involves multiple instances/pods of the application doing parallel processing where each of the pod will run a single step at a given period of time.
- We used MongoDB as the data source instead of in-memory java objects and the use of redis as the datasource is in the pipeline.
- I am acting as the core developer of the application and with complete involvement in the project roadmap, contributed to the overall architecture of the project.
- The interesting aspect of the project is that each of the pods can only have 8GB of main memory. So we had to write the application in a memory efficient way without compromising on performance.
- Docker containers were used to deploy the application in cloud and Kubernetes is used as the orchestration platform
- We had different microservices for business needs, listed are the services worked on below.
- Used for authorization of all the modules and also external applications, responsibilities were to develop new features viz., new types of entities, their roles and permissions.
- This service constituted the business logic (ratings, orders, etc.) of the platform, was a core developer and developed many features in this service which involved the whole stack.
- This was our advanced search platform implemented using logstash event processing pipelines based on SQL. Based on new requirements, changed many search criteria, filters and search queries catering to the needs.
- Our SSO and Credit Analysis services sends events to this service to be consumed by our ETL platform. The microservice was created by Devops team and my responsibilities included developing and configuring our applications to connect to MQ and send the events.
- A document and image service which is used to be the connecting dot between our legacy application documents (and images) and our microservice platform, completely developed this feature end to end using spring boot including deployment settings for Azure.
- A nother microservice where the schedulers were implemented in this service which used to send emails and other scheduled activities ..
- My principle role in the project includes developing the API and writing unit/Integration tests, creating the dockerfile and the deployment yaml files required for kubernetes for the microservices developed.
- Completely automated a sensitive manual application used to trigger newsletters to clients and subscribers with an angular application in the frontend and spring boot application in the backend. Both of them were implemented as microservices usin g docker images.
- Was a core developer in the team and my role included taking complete ownership of the user stories and delivering them.
- In addition to developing the main application platform, was also contributing to the data migration process involving all existing platforms.
- Had to work on complex queries and reports for our business as usual.
- This was the first project in Confidential, responsibilities in this project are below.
- Core Developer in consuming and producing APIS for clients like Confidential and others to enroll with our data services.
- Each client will have their own authorization mechanisms. Hence the development involved authorization of all types viz., Basic Auth, JWT, SOAP Web Security with s, SSL, 2 way SSL etc.
- This is a Japanese client, developed a web interface to enroll in our services.
- Innovatively used redirect URL approach instead of IP white listing to have flexibility to enroll more clients on this approach.
- Mobile App and related web portal
- Developing Rest APIs to be consumed by the Mobile App.
- Entirely owned the development of a web portal for the Mobile App with Java/Spring Boot in the backend and Angular in the front end.
- This web portal will decide what will be displayed in the home page of the App for each team.
- Other responsibilities included guiding team members, writing Unit Test Cases and doing code review.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Worked closely with consultants from Deloitte and FIS for this project and my role in the application involved developing features to interact with the payment Gateways (FIS) and Billdesk both via UI and through backend Rest APIs.
- Had an existing Mobile Wallet product and developed many modules end to end (UI and backend) for the product to customize it for Idea Confidential .
- The applications were based on Struts 2, Spring, Java, hibernate, O racle and Tomcat.