- Around 7+ years of experience in Software Quality Testing and Development and expertise in Mobile and Web based Automation Testing and expertise in domain technologies like Ecommerce, Banking, Finance, Health Care and Insurance.
- Strong knowledge of Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug Life cycle and methods like Agile Scrum, Waterfall.
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of a Project are in Compliance with the Business Requirements.
- Proficient in automation testing to perform different types of testing such as Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Hands - on experience in setting up the SDET environment of Automation tools like Selenium IDE/RC/Grid, Selenium Web Driver with Java & Cucumber bindings for automating test cases of web applications.
- Extensive experience in developing scripts for automation using Selenium WebDriver in Java Test Framework like TestNG and Maven for web application.
- Experience in developing/maintaining Test Framework for Automation using Selenium, Java (Data-Driven model) and TDD/BDD approaches.
- Proven ability in developing Test Automation using Cucumber for Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin scripts and writing Step Definitions for behaviour in Selenium using Java binding.
- Well versed in Cross Browser Testing and Parallel Test Execution using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and Selenium Grid.
- Experience in creating page objects by using Page Object Model, developing reusable library functions in java and using unit testing frameworks like TestNG.
- Experience in manual testing and automation testing of SOAP and Restful Web Services using SoapUI, Postman and Apache HTTP Client, Rest Assured along with JAXB and GSON parser.
- Strong expertise in designing and executing the SQL queries in MS SQL server, MYSQL, Oracle SQL Developer in order to ensure the data integrity and to perform the backend testing.
- Good Experience in using Configuration management tools like Concurrent Version System(CVS), Sub Version (SVN), GitHub, and Build management tools like MAVEN.
- Scheduled jobs via Jenkins (Continuous Delivery) and Continuous Integration for automating the build and deploy processes allowing significant increase in test automation.
- Well Experienced in Bug Reporting using JIRA, Quality Center, and IBM Clear Quest as defect tracking tools.
- Good knowledge of UNIX/LINUX. Well Experienced in tools like JIRA, Rally.
- Web pages development using HTML, MySQL, OOPS, JAVA, JDBC, Exception handling, multi-threading, Java Collections.
- Conducted usability and user acceptance testing (UAT) on behalf of end users. Highly Skilled in Enhancing and Editing Test Scripts.
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project.
Languages: Java, SQL, XML, HTML, CSS
Databases: Oracle, MySQL
Web Services: SOAPUI, RESTful Services, Rest Assured, Apache HTTP Client, Postman
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/WebDriver/Grid, TestNG, Junit, Cucumber, Firebug, Firepath, J2EE, Log4j, JXL, Apache POI
Build Tools/Coverage Tools: ANT, Jenkins, Maven
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally
Servers: Apache Tomcat
Testing Methodologies: System, Acceptance Testing, Functionality, Regression, Build Acceptance Testing, Go-Live Testing
IDE’s: Eclipse, IntelliJ
Platforms: Windows, iOS, Unix
Version Control/Desktop Applications: Git, SVN
- Analyzed business requirements documents to get a better understanding of the system from both technical and business perspectives.
- Studied existing application functionality and new business requirements.
- Created Selenium test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and JAVA
- Created parameterization tests by importing data from excel files using Test NG Data provider, JXL and Selenium Web Driver
- Validated Restful web services using Apache Http Client, TestNG, JAXB, Jackson Parsers
- Validated Web Services using Postman and created test suites for the functional Testing of Web Services
- Setup test environment and test data for both positive and negative testing.
- Testing application to accommodate sufficient time for developers to resolve the issues.
- Transformation of use cases to test scenarios and involved in designing test plans and test cases.
- Used JIRA for generating Requirements, Test Sets, and Test Plan and for reporting defects.
- Performed Smoke, Black Box, Validation and Compatibility testing of the application manually.
- Performed Regression, UAT, Integration, User Interface, GUI, and Usability Testing.
- Reviewed and analyzed artifacts throughout the SDLC.
- Reviewed user documentation for accuracy of implemented functionality descriptions.
- Extensively worked for the development of test standards for script development, deployment and reuse.
- Involvement in efficient and optimum test planning with the available resources.
- Interaction with the developers for resolving critical bugs and functionality modifications.
- Using SQL Server database extensively to validate the back-end data.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, FirePath, Log4j, POM (Page Object Model), Apache Http Client, Postman, Jackson, RESTFUL Web Services, JIRA, Eclipse, MAVEN, JAVA, Microsoft Excel, Oracle, Linux
- Derived Test Scenarios from Business Scenarios and mapped requirements.
- Prepared Regression Test Suite from Functional Test cases based on Business Criticality.
- Involved in setting up configuring the testing environment with Eclipse, TestNG and Selenium Web driver.
- Developed and executed the test scripts with Selenium, Java.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Executed Regression test suite against each QA build.
- Involved in Functional Integration, Regression and Compatibility testing of the application.
- Checked the Data flow through the front and backend and used SQL queries to extract the data from the database
- Performed Web Services testing using Postman for manual testing and rest assured with Cucumber BDD Framework for automation.
- Used SQL for Data retrieval in Back End Testing.
- Performed Data Validation of the data flow from the front-end to the back-end.
- Responsible for Front End testing, Integration testing and System testing on the coded software.
- Participated in Review meetings to discuss issues with Team Lead and Project Manager.
- Prepared Final Test report after completion of execution.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Worked with Business Analysts and Developers for requirements review and developing Test Scenarios.
- Analysed Business Requirements use cases and worked on automation and manual testing of the application.
- Responsible for all types of tests like Business Functionality, Documentation testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), browser compatibility testing, Integration testing.
- Involved in creating Java based scripts for Selenium WebDriver with TestNG as Automation framework.
- Automated Web Application testing using Selenium WebDriver and REST API with Apache HTTP Client, TestNG, Apache POI, JAXB, Gson frameworks.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS locators.
- Extensively used Page Objects design framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Performed parameterization of the Automated Test scripts in Selenium WebDriver to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Performed Compatibility testing of applications for dynamic and static content of browsers using HTML Ids and XPath in Selenium.
- Used TestNG Annotations in creating test suites for validating Restful web services.
- Validated XML and JSON responses using JAXB and GSON parsers.
- Involved in creating automation test suites for regression testing in SoapUI. The messaging formats included SOAP over HTTP and REST based clients with XML payload.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SoapUI and POSTMAN .
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the database.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA and also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
Environment: Agile, JIRA, Selenium WebDriver, Java, Apache POI, Log4j, MAVEN, Eclipse, TestNG, Jenkins, HTML, CSS, XML, XPATH, Web Services, SoapsUI, REST APIs, Postman, Apache HTTP Client, Oracle SQL, Linux.
- Participated in requirement gathering and analysis phase.
- Responsible for the test script development, debugging and execution.
- Responsible for understanding the manual test case, analyse the test case then develop the automation script for the functionality mentioned in manual test case.
- Played a key role in script execution phase in critical release period and exceeded the management expectations in getting the sign-off from the customer.
- Maintained and updated Selenium Web Driver scripts to meet changing functional specification and enhancements.
- Contributed in developing automation framework which uses Java, Web driver and TestNG.
- Writing Automation Test Cases for mail front end and fixing automation script bugs.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services
- Developing new test cases for every sprint and working with developers to automate their feature.
- Contributed in a best way to meet the automation deliverables deadline.
- Played a key role in script enhancements and test data management activities.
- Responsible for the integration of the developed test scripts to validate the end to end (E2E) functionality.
- Participated in preparation of Test Automation Architecture manual and Automation Standard Operating Procedure Manual.
- Involved in Test Data Integration of different modules in Health Care Domain.
- Responsible for collecting the status from each team member and circulate the same to both internal management and customer management.
- Analyzed the User stories, Editorial, Comps and the Wireframes to understand the requirements.
- Reported Ambiguities present in the various documents.
- Responsible for creating test cases in the Quality Center.
- Performed various types of testing such as Sanity Testing, Functional testing, Automation testing, Regression testing, Post pre-production and Post production testing, usability testing, UI testing.
- Automated functional test cases of the web application using Selenium WebDriver/Java/TestNG.
- Executed SOAP based web services API testing.
- Used XML files in sending/receiving XML requests using SOAPUI.
- Verified WSDL files, asserting files using various In-build assertions, performed Data Driven testing in SOAPUI.
- Performed REST API Testing using Http Java Test Client for SOAP/REST web APIs.
- Handled various methods using HTTP GET, HTTP POST, HTTP DELETE, HTTP PUT method.
- Created the Test Plans and Test Cases from scratch based on the business requirements.
- Analyzed the issues, reported and tracked the bugs in Quality Center.
- Active use of the Android SDKs.
- Active Participation in resolving the Production/Pre-production issues.
- Used SourceTree/GitHub for checking in our automation scripts.
- Used Jenkins to as a continuous integration tool.
- Used Oracle SQL developer to verify the integrity of the data by writing SQL Queries.
- Conducted user acceptance testing to ensure that developed systems satisfied the needs of business clients as specified in the functional requirements.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, XPath, Firebug, FirePath, IDE, Java, QualityCenter, Agile, Oracle SQL Developer, Jenkins, SourceTree, GitHub, Apache HTTP Client, JAXB, Log4j, JDBC.