- 16+ years of experience in Application Software Design, Development, Maintenance, Conversion and support, deployment, testing, documentation, implementation and support of application software.
- Good understanding of Business practices in the verticals like Insurance, Healthcare, Banking & Financial Services Industry.
- Involved in complete software development life cycle (SDLC) of the software product from requirements gathering, Conceptual design, analysis, detail design, development, system testing and performance testing. Provided production support and involved in knowledge transfer.
- Extensive experience in coordinating and interacting with a large team consisting of customers, business manager, technical leads, Project Manager, Business Analysts, Testers, Schedulers, Data Modelers and Developers (Onsite/Offshore).
- Experience in creating high level and low level design documents based on user requirements and create job flow, process flow charts using MS - VISIO.
- Expertise in COBOL, Natural, CICS, Ezytrieve, JCL, REXX and CLIST programming.
- Expertise in Microsoft BI suite - SSIS (ETL) process and T-SQL programming on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Having experience on IBM MQSeries, Passing the data to and from Java to Legacy system.
- Experience in file transfer using NDM and FTP.
- Extensive experience in Data Modeling, Stored Procedures and functions, worked on Databases such as DB2, ADABAS, IDMS, IMS-DB, VSAM and MySql
- Hands-on experience in writing complex database queries and stored procedures.
- Attained immense experience in usage of mainframe Files/Database tools like FILEAID, File Manager, INSYNC, SPUFI, QMF and PLATINUM.
- Experience in TABLEBASE table and PREDICT Data dictionary.
- Good exposure with CICS Channels and Container.
- Good experience in designing a online screen such as CICS using Macros/SDF, ADSO and Natural screens.
- Strong skills in working with various debugging tools in the mainframe environment for trouble shooting using Expediter, Debug, ABEND-AID and InterTest.
- Extensive working experience on version control tool CHANGEMAN, ENDEVOR, PANVALET,WORKBENCH and PANAPT.
- Having working experience on Mainframe Testing which includes Functional, System Integration and Regression testing and Supports User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in preparing Test Plan, Test Case, Report Defect and Test Status for Projects.
- Having good knowledge on Agile Methodologies, and also having hands on experience in TDD.
- Experienced in Quality Assurance activities including peer reviews, casual analysis for defects and creation of checklists for improving deliverable quality.
- Possess superior design and debugging capabilities, innovative problem solving and excellent analytical skills
- Having worked with production job scheduling tool Jobtrac, Control-M, Zeke and CA-7.
- Experienced with Job monitoring, On-Call Support and also in Batch optimization and Performance tuning activities.
- Experience in providing Production support for batch cycles for critical applications, providing break-fixes and implementing resolutions within SLA.
- Good Exposure in Core Java, JDBC, Servlets and JSP on WebSphere Server.
- Having knowledge and hands on STRUTS 1.2/2.0, SPRING 3.0, HIBERNATE and JASPER framework.
- Having knowledge and hands on XML, WSDL, Web Services using AXIS2, JAX-WS, JAX-RS and JAXB for REST/SOAP Services.
- 3+ years of experience as Tech lead for a 4 member team, assigning, reviewing and consolidating work assignments
- Participated in Various Disaster Recovery exercises to test the availability of the system.
- Highly focused on delivering releases meeting deadlines with a quality development.
- Excellent communication, team spirit, hardworking and leadership skill and a dedicated team player.
Programming Language: COBOL, Java, Natural, PL/1, CICS, Ezytrieve, JCL, REXX and CLIST
Database: DB2, ADABAS, IDMS, IMS-DB, VSAM,MS-SQL 2008 R2 and MySql
Data/File Management Tool: FileAid, File Manager, INSYNC, SPUFI, QMF, Platinum and Toad.
Data/File Transfer: MQSeries, FTP, NDM and Direct:Connect
Debugging Tool: Expediter, Debug, Abend-AID and InterTest
Version Control Tool: ChangeMan, Endevor, Panvalet, Workbench and Panapt
Job Scheduler: Jobtrac, Control-M, Zeke and CA-7
Defect Tracking Tool: ManageNow, Remedy, ClearQuest and SharePoint
Miscellaneous: Infoman, $VARS, SAR, Omegamon, SDF, Predict and TableBase
J2EE Skills: Servlets, JSP and JDBC
WebServices: XML, WSDL, AXIS2, JAX-WS, JAX-RS and JAXB for REST/ SOAP
FrameWorks: Struts 1.2/2.0, Spring 3.0, Jasper and Hibernate 3.0
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, improve software and Manage in project priorities and deadlines and work you're doing
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Understand of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks and Participate in code and design reviews to maintain high development standards
- Prepare and review technical specification
- Promote the code to production using automated pipeline
- Create task and update status on online JIRA tool
Environment: COBOL, JCL, Ezytrieve, VSAM, CICS, DB2, REXX, CLIST, Panvalet, Connect: Direct, CA7, Workbench, $AVRS, FTP, NDM and Putty
- Analyze, Design and Develop code applications to technical and functional programming standards.
- Preparation and execution of Unit Test scripts.
- Identified day-to-day changes in business requirements, comprehend the capabilities of existing systems and decided on the course of actions to best fit the new requirements.
- Provided day to day Production support activities
- Provided post-implementation support and analysis and Incorporated scope changes
- Monitored daily batch jobs for any production issue.
- Develop system parameters and interact for complicated components.
- Coordinate and involve in structured peer reviews and walkthroughs.
- Resolving service and user request.
- Develop operational documents for Application.
- Applying all new CMS rules to MMIS to make the system to HIPAA compliance.
Senior System Analyst
- Perform Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of EDI X12 using MMIS.
- Regular interaction with the Business Analyst for requirement gathering of projects.
- Regular meetings with Business Analysts and bridge calls with client managers to discuss the work progress and issues.
- Conducting Code walkthrough/review of proposed implementation
- Developed the code that meets HIPAA requirements and standard.
- Executing the test cases and documenting test results.
- Run DB2 Load/Unload utility to create the test data in test database.
- Conducted training on the technology and application for Entry Level programmers to make them comfortable with process and application.
- Running Explain reports and prepares DBA review forms.
- Developing Unit Test plans and reviewing code and Test results of the team members.
- Responsible for the overall quality and timeliness of the deliverables.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, Ezytrieve, VSAM, DB2 Platinum Tool, Zeke, Endevor, Xpeditor, File-AID, MQSeries and FTP.