- Quality academic background and around 8 years of work experience as a senior software engineer in IT industry with experience in Application Development and Support. Result - oriented, highly motivated, intelligent, customer-focused, articulate, analytical, and innovative.
- Extensive experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which includes design, analysis, development, testing and Integration of web and client/server applications in multiple platforms with JAVA/J2EE technologies.
- Expertise in design and development of Java and J2EE components like Core Java, Servlets, Struts, Open source Spring frameworks like Spring IOC, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, JDBC, Web Services (SOAP & Restful services) and ORM frameworks like Hibernate, MyBatis.
- Solid experience working in servers like Web Sphere, Web logic, Tomcat and build using ant, maven and experience working with IDE's like Eclipse, IBM RAD (Rational application developer) and comfortable working in different operating systems like Mac Yosemite, Windows 10, Unix.
- Strong experience in developing Batch jobs using Spring Batch Framework
- Extensive experience with Relational Databases such as Oracle 10g/9i/8i, DB2, SQL server
- Worked on preparing the Test cases and Technical Design Documents with sequence diagrams and performed Unit testing using Junit
- Experience in creating Mainframe JCL jobs and converted complex COBOL jobs to Spring Batch Jobs.
- Excellent in developing REST and SOAP based Web Services using JAX-RS, JAX-WS, WSDL, JAX-B, Apache Axis, Apache CXF and Jersey frameworks.
- Experienced in implementation of JMS to exchange information over reliable channel in an asynchronous way by using Active MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka as message queue.
- Experience in tuning SQL queries and improve performance for various applications.
- Experience using Hibernate for mapping Java classes with database and using Criteria API and Hibernate Query Language (HQL).
- Experienced working in Agile-based SDLC environment and participating in different Scrum sessions
- Good exposure to Big Data technologies like Hadoop, MongoDB and Cassandra
- Proactive in solving defects or CRs and meeting the deadlines and proficient in troubleshooting the critical Issues.
- Effective team member, ability to perform independently and an active member in organizing and have executed various events successfully
- Experience in code review process, automatic coding standards implementation as part of version control process and security scan process.
- Extensive experience in production support and maintained excellent analytical, problem solving, technical, interpersonal, written and communication skills with strong programming skills.
- Capable of learning new technologies and new concepts quickly and implementing it accordingly.
Database: MS SQL Server 2008, Apache Cassandra 3.0, Oracle Sql Developer 18.1.0.095 , Db visualizer 9.0.2, DB Tool, Squirrel SQL Client 3.7
Tools: Eclipse IDE, RAD, Siebel 8.0, Siebel tools, Apache Ant 1.8.0, Maven 3.2.5, Oracle 11g, Tomcat 7.0, Web Sphere Liberty, Web Sphere 7.0, Jenkins, Jasper iReports Designer 5.5.0
Frameworks: Spring 4.2.4, Hibernate 4.3.8, Spring Boot 2.0.3, Spring MVC
Operating systems: Mac Yosemite, Windows 95 /98 /XP /vista /7 /10, windows server 2008 R2/ 2012
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Worked on sharing the documents of the beneficiaries between two different applications through messaging using ActiveMQ.
- Used JMS template for sending and JMS message listener for consuming the message.
- Worked extensively on Spring Boot for building web service through REST endpoints.
- Developed an enterprise service bus using MuleSoft, which enables the authorized external systems to integrate using SOAP Service, RESTFUL, Active MQ, RMI, Spring transmission of data.
- Created Mule flows xml graphically using various elements like connectors, transformers, components, scopes, and flow control elements.
- Implemented Java 8 features like Lambda expressions, Method References feature to point to methods by their names, functional Interfaces and Stream API for Bulk data operations on Collections which would increase the performance of the Application.
- Worked extensively on complex sorting logics based on multiple criteria using Java 8 Comparators by using lambda expressions.
- Developed and designed reports using Jasper iReports.
- Created Mainframe JCL jobs in COBOL to trigger batch execution in higher regions like UAT.
- Converted complex COBOL programs to Spring Batch Jobs for processing large amount of data.
- Worked on to resolve various performance issues of spring batch archiving jobs which were processing millions of records while converting COBOL to Java.
- Used MyBATIS as Java persistence framework for DB2 database transactions from the applications and used MyBatis Criteria for mapping Java classes with database.
- Used MapStruct framework to map between different bean types
- Wrote Technical specifications and created flowcharts, Class Diagram and Sequential diagrams.
- Used GIT, Jira, Jenkins and Maven for build packaging and deployments of the application components.
Environment: Java 1.8, Bitbucket, Gitlab, Spring Boot 2.0.3, DB2, MyBatis 3.4.6, WebSphere Liberty v18, Eclipse Oxygen, Maven 3.6.1, SOAP, GIT, Unix, Log4J, Junit 4, JIRA v6.2.5, Apache Zookeeper-3.5.1, Anypoint Studio 6.4.4, Squirrel SQL Client 3.7, Spring 4.2.4, Spring JMS 5.0.7, Jasper iReport Designer 5.5.0, Jenkins, Bamboo, Postman 5.3.0, SoapUI 4.5
- Resolved, Analyzed and troubleshooted browser, webserver, app servers, database and network response time from the transactions happening in the web application
- Created new diagnostic modules, alerts using the watches and notifications feature and collected the metrics from the web logic console
- Worked on tuning SQL queries, app server/webserver configuration parameters, memory utilization, leaks, system resources and CPU utilization, JVM heap parameters and improved performance on various parts of the web application
- Monitored the response time of each action of the application using fiddler and proactively worked on improving the response time which exceeded beyond the acceptable SLA
- Identified and resolved various issues from the WebLogic, Splunk logs and thread dumps of the application server
Environment: Java 1.7, Fiddler, vCops, Splunk, Oracle Web logic 12c, Oracle SQL Developer
- Created UML diagrams such as Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and flowcharts for all the assigned requirements using Microsoft Visio
- Developed Restful web services to retrieve and update the data
- Implemented Spring Beans using IOC and transaction management features to handle the business logic.
- Modified the existing JSON and added new attributes as per client’s requirements. and worked on refactoring tasks to ensure the standard code structure is followed
- Performed code reviews on the assigned tasks led by Tech lead on a weekly basis
- Performed unit testing by writing test cases using Junit and used Log4j and commons-logging frameworks for logging the application flow
- Used SVN as version control system for maintaining uniformity of application code among the developers and the project was developed using Agile based SCRUM Methodology
- Used gradle scripts to build the application and deployed on WebSphere Application Server.
Environment: Java 1.7, Db visualizer 9.0.2, RAD, Web Sphere 7, Spring 4.2.1, Oracle, Gradle 3.0, JAX-RS, SVN, Log4J, Junit