- 9.5 years of professional experience in SDLC - Planning, Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation and Post Production Support/Maintenance of Object-Oriented Software applications using Java / J2EE technologies.
- Expertise in Core Java development using OOP, Java Collections Framework and Exception Handling.
- Experienced in developing applications using Spring and Struts Frameworks and with JSF specification.
- Expertise in development and deployment of Web Components such as Servlets, JSP and Business Components using JDBC, JNDI and JMS.
- Proficient in using XML Suite including XML, XSL, XSLT, XML Schema, DOM.
- Experienced in the functional usage and deployment of applications in IBM WebSphere Application Server and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Experienced in ANT, Maven and Log4j.
- Proficient with version control tools like SVN and ClearCase for Source Code version management and merging Source Code after periodic project releases.
- Experienced with several design patterns like Singleton, Factory Method, Visitor, Observer, Transfer Object, Data Access Object etc. and architectures like MVC.
- Experienced in working with moderately complex SQL queries for interactions with relational databases.
- Experienced in writing test cases using JUnit and working with EasyMock.
- Familiar in using persistence frameworks such as Hibernate (ORM) and JPA specification to map objects to a relational database.
- Expertise in building REST based Microservices on a Spring Boot, Gradle, Open Shift stack and testing them with Postman.
- Experienced in using MongoDB and related tools like NoSQLBooster and RoboMongo.
- Familiar with consuming SOAP based web services using WSDL.
- Familiar with Client Side Designing and Validations using HTML, AJAX and Java Script.
- Experienced in working in various software development methodologies like OOAD, Waterfall Model, Incremental model and familiar with Agile.
- Hands on experience in using various Tools and IDEs for development and design like Eclipse, RSA, RAD and NetBeans.
- Well experienced in working in the Property and Casualty Insurance, Health Insurance, Freight & Logistics and Telecommunications domains.
- Experienced in level 3 support of production environment and in handling end users and troubleshooting real-time issues in production.
- Proven ability to work as a Team as well as an individual. cross-cultural challenges and stakeholder management
- Possesses excellent analytical, problem solving, decision-making and communication skills with ability to co-ordinate activities in a team environment.
Java /J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JSF, JUnit, Easy Mock, MQ, JMS, Java Beans, JSON, EJB 2.0, JDBC, RMI, JNDI, IBM PureQuery, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JPA, JAVA 8
Web Technologies: XML, XSL, DOM, CSS, Java Script, AJAX, HTML, GUI, Web services (REST, SOAP)
Application Servers: IBM WebSphere Application server, Tomcat
Programming Languages: Java, SQL, UML, C, C++
Database Technologies: DB2, Oracle, MongoDB
Database Clients: DB2 Editor, SPUFI, WINSQL, IBM Data Studio, RoboMongo, NoSQLBooster
IDE: RSA, Eclipse, NetBeans, IBM RAD
Continuous Integration & Dependency Management: Ant, IVY, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, Gradle
Version Control: Rational ClearCase, Subversion, GIT
Methodologies: Waterfall model, Incremental Model, OOAD, Agile
Others: SoapUI, JIRA, ClearQuest, HP Service Manager, Checkstyle, Trac, Microsoft Visio, Lotus Notes, Log4j, HP ALM, Postman, OpenShift
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Manage all aspects of software design life-cycle like Analysis, Design, Development, Deployment and Post Production Support of Software applications.
- Interacted with business users and analysts to gather and review functional requirements.
- Worked in both waterfall and agile model of development.
- Involved in business logic creation and database interaction using Core Java, EJB, JDBC etc.
- Designed and developed UI screens using JSF, HTML, XML etc.
- Used J2EE technologies and specifications like JSF to develop web-based applications.
- Developed and consumed SOAP and REST based web services.
- Used Microservice architecture, designed and developed RESTFUL web services using Spring Boot framework and Java 8.
- Designed the Jenkins file, created the image and deployed Spring Boot based microservices Docker container using Open Shift.
- Created processes using Dell BOOMI to update data and to create data files, reports etc.
- Used version control tools like SVN and GIT for source code version management and merging source code after periodic project releases.
- Developed test cases for unit testing the code using JUnit frameworks.
- Used Build and Deploy Tool(BART) for building and deploying the WebSphere application.
- Used IBM Rational Application Developer IDE and Eclipse for application development.
- Designed and created various MongoDB collections and wrote services to store and retrieve data from them and used RoboMongo and NoSQLBooster tools to query the data.
- Created complex SQL queries for relational databases like DB2 and use persistence methodologies such as Java Persistence API to map objects.
- Analyzed the applications, documented detail test cases and expected results based on the business functional requirements.
- Used HP ALM tool for issue tracking.
- Refactored code to implement coding standards, reviewed the code and fixed all the code review bugs.
- Reported team status to senior management during scrum meetings.
- Reviewed business logic and application data and suggested areas of improvement and performance enhancements.
- Interact and work closely with other programmers, testers, business analysts etc.in order to co-ordinate activities in a team environment.
- Coded for different levels of logging and used Splunk for log analysis and debugging.
Software Engineering Analyst
- Analysis, Design, Development and Post Production Support of Object-Oriented Software applications using Core Java / J2EE technologies and frameworks like Spring, Struts.
- Write complex SQL queries for relational databases like DB2, Oracle etc. and use persistence frameworks such as Hibernate to map objects.
- Developed and consumed SOAP based web services.
- Worked in various projects in the Insurance, Freight & Logistics and Telecommunications domains and with different software development methodologies like Waterfall Model, Incremental model and Agile methodology.
- Handled and troubleshoot real-time issues in production environment using HP Service manager, SPLUNK, SPUFI etc.
- Involved in gathering and reviewing functional requirements.
- Created high level and detailed design using Class Diagrams and UML.
- Developed application using core Java and J2EE, which involved writing Classes, business objects, design patterns etc.
- Involved in application development in Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture using EJB, Servlet and JSP.
- Designed and developed UI screens with XSL, CSS, HTML and XML.
- Used IBM PureQuery Framework for database interactions and written various objects like VO, DAO and DAOImpl classes to get access to the backend.
- Used Spring Inversion of Control (IoC) for injecting beans and reduced the coupling between the classes.
- Written client interfaces and implementation classes to consume web services using WSDL and tested the web services using SoapUI.
- Used IBM Message Queues for background processing for asynchronous business processes.
- Developed test cases for unit testing the code using JUnit and EasyMock frameworks.
- Used Log4j to display debug information and error message logging in the JVM logs.
- Used ANT scripts to build the application and deploy on IBM WebSphere Application Server(WAS).
- Used SVN as the version control and IBM Rational Software Architect (RSA) IDE and Eclipse for development.
- Created SQL queries for data manipulation and data extraction from the database.
- Continuous integration using Jenkins/Hudson tool.
- Implemented coding standards, reviewed the code and fixed all the code review bugs.
- As part of level 3 support team for Claim Contacts application provided production support and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot issues and made system changes as needed to resolve issues within Service Level agreement (SLA).’
- Used HP Service Manager to track and work on the Incident/ Problem tickets assigned to me.
- Used SPLUNK to capture and analyze log data to solve issues in the production environment.
- Used Trac for issue tracking and project management.
- Worked on Vignette Content Management System(CMS) for a telecommunication giant for developing and managing their global web content across multiple countries and languages.
- Led and mentored the team of developers working on project activities.
- Reported team status to senior management every week.
- Performed code review of other team members’ code.
- Worked proactively on a dynamic environment ensuring code quality and on time delivery.
Environment: Core Java, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JNDI, XSL, XML, HTML, MVC, UML, Junit, Java Script, Eclipse, Tomcat, Maven, IVY, Jenkins, EJB, SVN, Subversion, JIRA, Log4j, SQL, WinSQL, Windows XP, DB2, J2EE, Design Patterns, Spring, VO, DAO, Web service, SOAPUI, WSDL, HTML5, EasyMock, IBM Data Studio, IBM Websphere Application Server 7, IBM RSA 8, IBM Message Queue, HP Service Manager, Hibernate, SPLUNK, Trac, OOAD, JSF, CSS, AJAX, IBM PureQuery, Spring IoC, WAS 6.1, ANT, IBM Clear Case, IBM Clear Quest, SPUFI, CheckStyle, JSON, CAR, Struts, Collections, Netbeans IDE, Oracle