- 18+ years of experience in the Information Technology Industry. Highly skilled in designing, developing and testing complex software applications.
- Expertise in web application frameworks like Spring and Hibernate.
- Good Experience in Angular 2/4/6 framework for building web apps (SPA) and is highly efficient in integrating with Restful services.
- Good experience in developing RESTful services and SOAP compliant webservices.
- Experience in applications deployment with servers Web Logic, JBoss and Tomcat Servers.
- Have knowledge of Microservices architecture and AWS infrastructure.
- Expertise in interfacing with RDBMS systems (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL,PostGres and Sybase)
- Experience in deployment and configuration management with ANT and Maven.
- Expertise in remediation of 508 and security vulnerabilities.
- Proficient in using Jenkins as continuous integration tool.
Frameworks: Struts, Spring, Hibernate
SDLC Methodologies: Agile/Scrum
Java / JEE Technologies: Java, Servlets, JSP, JSF, XML, JMS, WebServices (SOAP, WSDL)
Web/Application Servers: Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere and JBoss
RDBMS: Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server and MySQL
IDE: Eclipse, JBoss Developer Studio
Versioning Tools: CVS, SVN, GIT, Clearcase and VSS
DEVOPS Tools: JIRA, Jenkins, Puppet, Artifactory, SonarCube, Fortify, Selenium, Cucumber,Ansible
Build Tools: ANT, Maven
Scripting: Shell script
Senior Java/DEVOPS engineer
- Worked on enhancements and maintenance of Anole which is a medical operations dashboard used by service members for injury status and treatment status information.
- As a scrum master created user stories, conducted daily standup meetings and also involved in spring planning and spring retrospectives.
- Used Vaadin flow for session management.
- Created and enhanced REST APIs including Service member API and MTF Rest API.
- Working on simplifying the deployment process by using docker - compose to simplify containerization.
- Created Views and tables in Postgres for all backend components of servicemember API and MTF Rest API.
- Created and maintained all the applications in docker containers.
- Configured multibranch pipelines in Jenkins and configured plugins for nexus and artifactory repositories and git for source code.
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked on design, development and maintenance of Grant reporting tool and P4.
- Played a key role in the modernization effort for the application with Angular on the front end while leveraging Spring boot framework for backend services.
- Architected and refactored code for PIV effort. It involved redesigning the existing infrastructure of the application to fit the PIV verification. Co-ordinated in getting necessary changes on the webseal infrastructure to allow for application to authenticate with the PIV system. Created Authentication layer and extracted the authentication code from various other layers into the newly created layer.
- Involved in creating day-today adhoc reports for the customer in Oracle.
- Developed and maintained oracle packages and Stored procedures for the legacy application.
- As an SME, provided guidance for the Grants Modernization effort.
- Provided timely resolution of 508 compliance, fortify and webinspect security issues.
- Involved in production support and timely resolution of help desk tickets.
Senior Software Engineer
- Involved in requirement gathering, creation of technical and functional specification documents.
- Designed and developed Custom J2ee based web components using - Struts 2.1, Spring Web module, JSTL, Ajax, JSP & Servlets.
- Developed front end using JSP, HTML and Java Script
- Developed and deployed the application on BEA WebLogic Application Server
- Involved in developing, Exception Handling& Debugging application using Eclipse IDE
- Involved in writing build scripts using ANT