- Comprehensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle with working experience in Waterfall and Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Experience with developing application code using Java8, JEE(Java Enterprise Edition), XML, SOAP, REST, Struts, Servlets, Log4j, Spring, Spring boot, Microservices, MVC, JMS, JPA and Hibernate ORM framework.
- Strong experience of UNIX, LINUX(RHEL).
- Experience in Java8 features like Parallel Streams, Lambdas, functional interfaces, and filters.
- Expertise in Hibernate(ORM), JPA, Spring Framework, Spring (Dependency Injection, Spring MVC, Spring Core, Spring Context, Spring AOP, Spring Batch, Spring Security, Spring IOC, Spring JDBC, Spring JMS, Spring with Hibernate), Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JNDI, Java Beans and XML.
- Experience in developing Microservices using Spring - Boot.
- Good understanding on Design Patterns (J2EE) like Singleton, Factory, DAO, Session Facade, Front Controller, and Delegate Pattern.
- Highly proficient to write robust scripts using Shell Scripting, Perl, C programming.
- Experience with Java testing framework -Junit, TestNG and Mockito.
- Experience in RDBMS design and modeling with Oracle, MySQL, DB2.
- Working experience in Apache Tomcat and IBM Web sphere servers.
- Experienced in developing SOA based architectures by implementing SOAP based Web Services using WSDL, JAX-WS, XSD, RESTful Web Services using JAX-RS.
- Experience working with XML and JSON.
- Experienced in developing messaging module by using Apache Kafka and Rabbit MQ.
- Good experience in using AWS cloud-based architecture. Used multiple AWS services like S3, EC2, Lambda, SQS, SNS, SWF, IAM, ELB (Elastic Load Balancers), and RDS (Relational Database Services).
- Experience in testing webservices using Postman, SoapUI, Insomnia.
- Good understanding of JAVA / J2EE design patterns like Singleton, Factory, Front Controller, Value Object, Business Delegate, Service Locator, MVC and Session Façade.
- Experience in containerizing the applications running on a VM using Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience in using the tools like Ant, Gradle and Maven for build automation.
- Working experience with Virtual Machines like VMWare and Citrix.
- Exposure to issue tracking and documentation tools - JIRA, Confluence, BMC Remedy, HP-ALM.
- Experience with using and configuring Continuous Integration like Jenkins.
- Knowledge of source control management systems, including Subversion and Git.
- Commended performance in modular and object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms.
- Knowledge on C++, C#, Python.
- Production support experience with P3/P4.
- Skilled in requirement analysis, creating test strategy and test plan, test case design, test execution, defect tracking and creating test summary report.
- Extensive development experience on different IDE like Eclipse, Visual Studio, PyCharm and IntelliJ.
- Experience with No SQL Database such as MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Experience with Python libraries like matplotlib, pandas, seaborn, pyplot, scikit and various data mining algorithms.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with job scheduling using mainframe CA7 and Resource manager (RM) and cron.
- Knowledge on Retail domain.
- Ability to think out of the box and has strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Supportive and enthusiastic team player dedicated to streamlining processes and efficiently resolving project issues.
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently and proven ability to quickly learn new processes and tools, business domains, and technical applications.
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, Python, SQL, Informix 4GL.
Frame Works: Struts, Spring, JSF, JPA, EJB and Hibernate, JMS, Spring boot, Spring Security, Log4j.
Web Services: SOAP, WSDL, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, RESTful Web services, AWS, Microservices.
Databases: Oracle, IBM DB2, MySQL, ESQL, MongoDB, Cassandra
Operations System: Windows, Unix, Linux RHEL
Web/App/DB Servers: IBM WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss.
Testing and CI/CD Tools: Junit, Selenium, TestNG, Mockito, SoapUI, Postman, Insomnia, Putty, PuttyGen, TortoiseSVN, BMC Remedy, HP ALM, JIRA, Jenkins, ServiceNow, Teradata.
IDE Tools: Eclipse, Net beans, Visual Studio, IntelliJ, IBM RAD, ANT, Maven, STS.
Version Control: Git, Tortoise SVN, CVS, Rational Clear Case.
Senior Java Developer
- Estimated tasks, evaluate technologies, develop prototypes, and contribute to design issues.
- Mentored offshore and junior team members by developing and enforcing standards, facilitating code reviews, and coordinating learning opportunities.
- Implemented the application using design patterns such as Session Facade, Business Delegate, Bean Factory, Singleton, Data Access Object, and Service Locator.
- Developed back-end logic with Core Java and Java 8 using technologies including Collection Framework, Multi-Threading.
- Enhanced the efficiency of database by rewriting and tuning the SQL queries.
- Created SOAP Web Services using WSDL, XML and SOAP for transferring data.
- Configured the deployment descriptors in Hibernate to achieve object relational mapping.
- Used Hibernate Cache for query to improve the application performance.
- Wrote backend scripts that performed maintenance tasks on the contract data using JDBC.
- Experience developing web applications using Spring MVC, Spring boot, microservices and front end using Angular and node.js
- Experience with AWS.
- Implemented application architecture of the System is based on Spring MVC (Model View Controller) and J2EE specifications.
- Designed and developed the REST based Microservices using the Spring Boot.
- Develop various screens for the front end using Angular JS and used various predefined components from NPM (Node Package Manager).
- Experience in creating Rest webservices and testing using Postman and Insomnia.
- Experience with NOSQL database Cassandra, to store and retrieve the data other than tabular relations used in relational databases.
- Used GIT as version management, Jira for defect management system.
- Administered and deployed applications into JBoss Server.
- Makes sound decisions that achieve critical organizational objectives
- Independently review and analyze existing applications’ effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Worked with other development teams to integrate applications and perform end to end testing of application.
- Create test reports and perform unit, functional. Integration testing.
- Conducted the Knowledge transfer sessions for new joiners in the team.
- Support QA teams, both internally and externally, with bug triage and resolution.
- Core Java developer working independently and part of a team to support/enhance legacy applications.
- Developed new application and added functionality to existing applications using Java 8/J2EE technologies
- Wrote SQL queries to retrieve data from the database using JDBC
- Utilized frameworks such as Hibernate and Spring for persistence and application layers
- Collaborated with other development teams to ensure a consistent approach to software development
- Used JIRA and Confluence to communicate status and estimates to the development Team Lead, Managers and BA’s Debug source code and code enhancement.
- Performed GitHub/GitHub-Desktop bash and Terminal commands to clone, fetch, merge and push the code and created pull requests for changes that are made.
- Performed application-level logging using Log4j for debugging purposes.
- Designed webservices using SOAP and REST. Involved in Webservices testing using SOAP UI tool.
- Involved in database testing using SQL and Oracle queries and Toad tools.
- Supported the releases of production environment.
- Designed the user interfaces using JSPs, AJAX and Struts Tags.
- Taken care of multi-threading in back end java beans.
- Used JMS for the asynchronous exchange of critical data and events among J2EE components. Publisher-Subscriber method was used for data loading and Point-To-Point method of JMS was used for event processing.
- Designed MAVEN project and used Git and Jenkins for continuous deployment.
- Used IBM WebSphere Application Server to deploy the application as like WAS LIBERTY.
- Configured networking configuration files and interfaces on Linux systems.
- Developed Junit test cases for DAO and Service Layer methods.
- Developed the ANT scripts for preparing WAR files used to deploy J2EE components.
- Analyzed and consolidate common error and underlying problems by creating documentation addressing common technical issues which reduced the number of technical support inquiries by 60%.
- Worked with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development.
- Created unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing.
- Analyzed inventory for project estimation proposal and worked in waterfall methodology.
- Develop, convert, implement, and validate the deployment of software applications into different life cycle environment.
- Worked with Unix/Linux environment.
- Reviewed, debugged, modified, and added new featured as per requirements using C, Shell scripting, Perl, Informix 4GL, Informix DB2.
- Experience with file transfer protocols and utility commands.
- Created test plans for verification and validation of the system.
- Created make files and debugged using gdb and create make files and compiled using gcc.
- Wrote SQL queries for data validation.
- Wrote automation scripts using Shell, Perl for backend report generation.
- Scheduled jobs using Resource Manager, cron job, CA7.
- Involved in Webservices testing using SOAP UI tool.
- Handled production support for the project by using ticket management system like BMC Remedy, Servicenow.