- Over 7+ Years of experience in planning, designing, implementation and technical skills in areas of AWS Cloud, Configuration, Linux, Build and Release Management in solving complex problems with creative solutions, supporting Development and Operations environment.
- Experience in AWS Resources such as EC2, S3, AWS Lambda,EMR, VPC, EBS, dynamo DB(DDB), Code Build, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Elastic Beanstalk, AMI, Kibana, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Route53, SQS, IOT, Cloud Front(CDN), Auto Scaling, Security Groups, and Cloud Formation.
- Understanding of cloud offerings in the marketing and ability to discuss cloud architectures; familiarity/Strength with AWS and related AWS services.
- Using serverless AWS Lambda in processing images when S3 is uploaded and deploying code as Function as a Service (FaaS).
- Worked on OpenShift for container management and to enhance container platform multi - tenancy.
- Created a Lambda Deployment function and configured it to receive events from your S3 bucket.
- Experienced in migrating on-premises Database Servers(Homogeneous and Heterogeneous) SQL and Application Servers to AWS.
- Hands-on AWS experience working with technologies like serverless AWS Lambda to manage Infrastructure as a code.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Bash scripts.
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies and SaaS
- Involved in designing the dimensional model like Snowflake Schema based on the requirement.
- Experienced in Migrating Multi-tier Environments using AWS Server Migration Service.
- Knowledge of setting up Continues Golden AMI Vulnerability Assessment with Amazon Inspector.
- Experienced in working on the OpenShift Container Platform.
- Implemented and administered Continuous Integration process using Jenkins, Bamboo, and TeamCity.
- Deployment of web, enterprise java components, messaging components and multi-threading.
- Worked in implementing the entire CI/CD using Groovy/Python scripting.
- Experience in testing the Builds after implementation using Postman test scripts.
- Expertise in working with Aws environment, Linux servers for running business applications, Configuration Management Tools, Deploy, Release Management, and other tools.
- Highly skilled in the employment of ITIL Best Practices with proven leadership in the Incident, Problem, Change, Availability, and Service Delivery as well as in Process Building.
- Experience on Jenkins/Hudson, Subversion (SVN), TFS, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, Eclipse, Red Hat (RHEL), Shell script, UNIX, Linux, and Windows Server.
- Experience with caching solutions and patterns with technologies like Memcached, Hazel cast, or Redis; AWS ElastiCache with Redis preferred.
- Good hands-on with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes, experience with RedHat OpenShift Platform as a Service product.
- Working exposure in Build Release management, shell scripting, Unix System Administration, Linux Administration, Kubernetes/Openshift.
- Designed and implemented Software configuration management (SCM) and change management (CM) solution using Ansible, Jira, and Jenkins, Configured SonarQube for code coverage.
- Written automation scripts for creating resources in OpenStack Cloud using Python and terraform modules.
- Strong experience with containerisation in Docker, Kubernetes.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in OpenStack cloud through Ansible Playbooks.
- Test Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS and using Test Kitchen and Chef Spec.
- Deploying the OpenStack components on multimode with High availability environment.
- Experience with onboarding partners and customers in an SOA environment.
- Experience in working on Configuration Management Tools like Ansible, Puppet, and Chef.
- Exposure in managing and setting up Continuous Integration using tools like Jenkins, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift.
- Experience working with Java, Python, scripting languages (such as BASH & PowerShell), and complementary programming languages, operating systems and supporting software.
- Ability in development and execution of XML and Shell Scripts.
- Performed Server health monitoring and system tuning as per vendor recommendations.
- Built and maintained Elastic Search, Log Stash, Kibana stack to centrally collect logs that are used to monitor applications.
- Good knowledge of networking (TCP/IP)& web (http/https) protocols.
- Quickly analysing and identifying the ability of operational issues including a good understanding of backups, deployment, and load balancing techniques.
- Good exposure to ANT& MAVEN builds tools.
Version Control: TFS 2013, Visual Source Safe (VSS), Rational Clear Case (SCM & UCM) PVCS, SVN, SYNERGY, Perforce, AWS, Azure TFS.
Operating System: UNIX, LINUX, Windows NT/2003/2008, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Sun Solaris 2.5
SCM Tools: Subversion (SVN), Perforce, GIT, Jenkins/Hudson, Jira, TFS, Rational Clear Quest, Visual Studio 2010
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Languages: Shell, Terraform, Power Shell, C, C++, Java, J2EE, ASP.net.
Databases: Oracle, SQL server
Servers: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Web logic, Web sphere.
Sr. Devops/ Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Supported and created Cloud Architectures for Security, Infrastructure, Data with delivery teams working primarily within an Agile Scrum methodology.
- Implemented cloud services PAAS, IAAS, and SAAS using containerized platforms like OpenShift, Docker.
- Designed Cloud Formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, NAT, NACL, Security groups to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Involved in maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, SQL, Route 53, Lambda, VPC, RDB, DynamoDB, SES, SQS, and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture AWS Lambda deployed using CloudFormation, Ansible, Terraform, OpenShift .
- Experience with caching solutions and patterns with technologies like Memcached, Hazelcast, or Redis; AWS ElasticCache with Redis preferred.
- Built and deployed Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub Repos containing Terraform code for various environments.
- Build applications around Microservices Architecture, defined through Docker Compose file and setup SWARM Cluster to deploy the applications.
- Experience handling the applications like java, .Net using serverless AWS resources like Lambda, Kinesis
- Worked on Ansible and Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical Applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes.
- Developed scripts for Build, Deployment, Maintenance, and related tasks using Jenkins, JFrog, Docker, Terraform, Ansible Maven, Kubernetes, Python, and Bash.
- Day to day activities like building and deploying code in different environments like DEV, SIT, UTA, Pre Prod and Prod using Jenkins, Terraform, Java, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, CHEF, and Ansible.
- Experience working with Apache Hadoop, Kafka, Spark and Log stash.
- Have experience with AWS LAMBDA which runs the code with response of events.
- Deployed Word Press, RDS Instance, Database, and EC2 Instances via Cloud Formation & Terraform.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process.
- Working with GITHUB to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Implemented Terraform modules for the deployment of various applications across multiple Cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching, and software deployment on AWS environments through automated tools, Kubernetes, Ansible/custom pipeline.
- Developed and deployed resources using Azure ARM Templates and maintain, support infrastructure for teams using VSTS. Build out VSTS Infrastructure of the application using Azure Runbooks.
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell runbooks to automate specific tasks which are given to execute in Azure cloud systems and on Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure cloud system, creation including end-to-end infrastructure, Virtual Machines (VMs), storage, firewall rules.
Sr. AWS & Devops Engineer
Confidential, Burlington, NC
- Designed and configured VPC- IGW, EMR Public, and Private subnet's, Security groups, NACL's, Route Tables, direct connect, and VPN.
- Created and Configured VPC Peering Connections and Resolved the issues of overlapping CIDR's.
- Managed S3 buckets and Object policies using IAM and S3 bucket Policies and Created MFA for Accidental Deletion.
- Deploying and implementing pipelines using ansible/puppet for CD of code and maintaining configuration lambda changes.
- Develops and configures cloud infrastructure for SAAS applications in AWS or other cloud environments.
- Infrastructure design for the ELK Clusters.
- Partner with product management and product development to drive adoption and massively scale IoT capabilities throughout the enterprise.
- Work with the application development team to adopt continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools including GitHub Enterprise, Cloudbees Jenkins, Nexus Repository Manager, and SonarQube.
- Enabled Server-side encryption on Amazon S3 Buckets, Objects, and files using AWS KMS and managed Customer Master Keys.
- Migrated TFS and Subversion (SVN) to Bit Bucket Repository with history.
- Managed Active Directory(AD) from Atlassian Crowd to control users in BitBucket, Jira, and confluence.
- Worked on upgrading Jenkins instance and Tomcat Servers.
- Used power shell scripts for CI/CD pipeline builds and actively involved in entire Pipeline setups and Jenkins configuration.
- Worked on to setup for the various Jenkins CICD pipeline configurations for all the microservices.
- Created build and deployment jobs in Bamboo for various components.
- Used AWS Bean Stalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Node.js, PowerShell, C#, on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Worked on caching solutions and patterns with technologies like Memcached, Hazel cast, or Redis; AWS ElastiCache with Redis preferred.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with PowerShell, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using PowerShell, run Ansible Scripts to provision development servers.
- Configured Splunk (Splunk Enterprise) to gain real-time Operational Intelligence across applications and services.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize Cloud formation templates during deployments, experienced with Terraform to create stacks in AWS, and Enhanced the Terraform scripts based on the requirement on a regular basis.
- Work with Chef Automation to create infrastructure and deploy application code changes autonomously.
- Worked with AWS Lambda workflow implementation and created functions to assign roles using python scripts to interact with the application.
- Developed automation code using Opscode Chef and Python to build Openstack environments autonomously.
- Test Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS and using Test Kitchen and Chef Spec.
- Created and Maintained Launch Configuration, Auto Scaling Groups with the combination of SQS and CloudWatch to achieve High Availability and Fault Tolerance.
- Installed TFS 2015/2013 and setup different TFS user groups for the project team.
- Worked on caching solutions and patterns with technologies like Memcached, Hazelcast, or Redis.
- Created AWS Config stack in Cloud Formation that will monitor everything going in on the AWS account.
- Created Cloud Formation Templates of current AWS Environment using Cloud Former and Cloud formation Designer.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in JFrog, Sonar type NEXUS repository.
- Configured SonarQube for code coverage and sonar metrics in the pipeline for quality of unit test cases by using Coverage plugins and generated build using Maven.
- Extensively worked with Scheduling, deploying, and managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes and worked with building Kubernetes run time environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy in an open-source platform.
- Administer and Maintain Source Code Repositories including GIT, Subversion, and TFS.
- Designed and configured Cloud Front to serve the static and dynamic content to the Edge locations for End Users.
- Configuring alarms in cloud watch.
- Creating and Managing Users, Groups in IAM, created policies and Assigned Roles to AWS Resources.
- Monitored AWS Environment with the combination of Cloud trial, Cloud watch, and SNS.
- Automating Infrastructure using AWS Cloud formation templates and updating the Stacks with the help of Cloud Formation.
- Onboarded and mobile IOS and android applications onto Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
- Devops experience with continuous integration (CI/CD) and automation tools such as GIT, Jenkins, and Ansible.
- Administration of JBoss and Glassfish, manually and with Puppet.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts using JFrog on the source code.
- Configuring and automate packaging using Chef and Puppet.
- Created AMI'sof EC2 instances for backup using AWS CLI and IAM security best practices
- Designing and deploying highly scalable infrastructure using ELB, OpsWork and Auto scaling services
- Created and Managed DNS entries using Route53 to route traffic between different regions
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Configured with AWS resources such as a EC2, VPC, Route53, ELB, S3, EMR, supporting networking, and management/monitoring services.
- Created and maintained Highly Available and Fault Tolerant infrastructure in Amazon VPC using EC2 with Elastic load balancing and Auto scaling groups in AWS cloud.
- Monitored AWS resources such as Amazon EC2 instances, Amazon Dynamo DB tables, and Amazon RDS DB instances, as well as custom metrics generated by applications and services, and any log files generate applications using CloudWatch.
- Used Elasticsearch for powering not only Search but using ELK stack for logging and monitoring our systems end to end Using Beats.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS
- Troubleshooting any build issue with ELK and work towards the solution.
- Own the software development process end-to-end, including working with engineers and product managers to develop requirements; designing, architecting, planning, implementing, and testing new systems and features; deploying, and operating the production EMR(Elastic Map Reduce) systems.
- Developing and designing POCs in spark using Scala to compare the performance of spark.
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python, Docker container, Service Orchestration.
- Created AWS EBS volumes for storing application files for use with AWS EC2 instances whenever they are mounted to them and installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage containers created by PCF.
- Done automating the configuration and administration of continuous integration tool Jenkins. Experience with CloudBees Enterprise Jenkins
- Worked on the ms's logs and sonar dashboard monitor for all the existing microservices.
- Worked on GCP and AWS as a Hybrid Cloud platform for application deployment.
- Analyse and processed VPC Flow Logs, AWS CloudTrail event logs, and DNS logs using Amazon Guard Duty
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Support current migration of data centre to AWS Cloud.
- Created user and group accounts and allowing access using IAM and setting up own VPC networks and security groups.
- Configuring the VPC inbound and outbound networks using public and private Subnets according to the requirements.
- Built and deployed a Chef Server in AWS for infrastructure automation.
- Configuring Virtual Private Network (VPN) between AWS Regions As well as from cloud to On-premise through Virtual Private Gateway (VPG) and Customer Gateway (CGW).
- Refactored messaging and storage implementation in loan originator service to use AWS SQS and S3.
- Knowledge of common technologies e.g web, mobile, database, API, authentication & authorization, Cloud & server computing, connected IoT devices, embedded software.
- Responsible for identifying, deploying, and supporting critical IoT solutions.
- Evaluate various infrastructure requirements and options for cloud-based IoT platforms.
- Extensively working on Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) process by automating build on time basis using Jenkins.
- Scheduled Jenkins jobs by integrating GITHUB, Maven, and Nexus for the automated builds using Shell scripts.
- Designed and Developed Java Objects based on Java Patterns and UML Specifications.
- Using Docker in the process of implementing high-level API which provides lightweight containers to run the applications, As well as for building and pushing the images in various environments.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system, and made use of Jenkins/TeamCity for Chef CI.
- Developed custom automation build system using Hudson and TFS Build on Team Foundation Server
- Configured Puppet for configuration management for VMWare vSphere on-premise Infrastructure and taken control of Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory and all internal build systems for the development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
- Experience in running our own internal Kubernetes cluster for DevOps tools such as Jenkins, and service like Elasticsearch, Kibana, Prometheus.
- Responsible for creation Chef recipes files to install Tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Done Continuous Deployment and Configuration Mgmt capabilities with Ansible and Red Hat OpenShift.
- Rapid-Provisioning and Configuration Management for Linux, Windows using Chef and Cloud Formation Templates on Amazon Web Services.
- Configured and integrated the servers for different environments to automatically provision and configuration.
- Automation of infrastructure using CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premises/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
Build and Release Engineer
- Responsible for installing and configuring CentOS and Solaris platforms.
- Worked on logical volume management (LVM) by adding external disks from SAN storage.
- Created user accounts, provided pseudo permissions, and maintain the user accounts with automation Bash scripts.
- Responsible for providing Privileged Password Management access to accounts in Solaris 10, Linux and Windows servers.
- Worked with virtualization using VMware Hypervisor, VMware workstation, KVM forSolaris/centos servers.
- Installed and configured subversion on both Linux and Windows platforms.
- Managed all the subversion repositories for branching and tagging.
- Worked closely with Project Managers, Developers and QA Analysts to ensure successful software build and deployment for test, staging, and production environment.
- Administered SVN for version control to include branching and merge management, and JIRA to track process defects.
- Created scripts that automate or improve the builds for all client-side platforms - iOS, Android, Windows, using Git and Jenkins, among other tools.
- Execution of daily builds and releases using automated python scripts.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Used SCM tool like Team Foundation Server (TFS) Build Server.
- Implemented build automation using tools like Jenkins.
- Troubleshooting issues raised during the build and deployment process using JFrog.
- Worked on deleting the old, deployed code and deploy the newly built code using Web Sphere.
Environment: - SVN, Ant, Visual Studio 2013, Jenkins, Maven, Version One, Linux, shell scripting, Oracle, JIRA, Nexus, JBOSS, VMware, Kafka, Virtualization. McAfee, Juniper, Symantec DLP, GCP.