- Around 8 years of IT Industry experience with emphasis in DevOps methodologies and focused on Automation of Build/ Deployment/ Environment Management areas by implementing CI/CD pipelines to help teams deliver a better and reliable software into production environments.
- Experience in merging, branching strategies, bug fixes and configuration of version control tools like Subversion, GIT, Bit Bucket and Git Hub for smooth release management into production environments.
- Extensively worked with CI/CD and configuration management tools like Jenkins, Puppet, and Chef.
- Expertise with build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code and plugin management as per requirements.
- Worked in using various artifact repository managers like Nexus, Arti - factory, and Jfrog for Maven builds
- Had experience with Kubernetes for containerization management and on docker contaicnerization.
- Expertise in writing CHEF recipes in cookbooks to automate infrastructure as a code, worked on scheduling the Chef Nodes Convergence using Linux Cron Jobs.
- Worked on Jenkins and Docker interactively and integrating together for end to end automation of builds and deployments.
- Good hands on experience in working with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Effective implementation of AWS cloud platform and its features including S3, Ec2, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, Security groups, VPC, IAM, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS and SQS.
- Worked with Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS, S3 buckets.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and shell scripts Bash, Python, and Power Shell for automating tasks.
- Expertise in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk, Amazon Cloud Watch and Nagios to detect production issues.
- Configured ServiceNow to receive any instant notifications of any configuration changes in cloud environment
- Deployed and configured Atlassian Jira in both hosted and local instances for Bug tracking, workflow, and tool chain automation.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, CSS
Languages: C, C++, .NET, XML, SHELL, PERL, Python, Ruby, PowerShell
Build/Release Tools: Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Chef, puppet, Ant, Vagrant , Hudson, GitHub, Ansible, Open Stack and Salt Stack, Splunk, Zabbix, Nexus
SCM Tools: Git, CVS, SVN, Perforce, TFS, ClearCase
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux - Red hat/Centos/ Ubuntu, HP-UX, Solaris, Microsoft Windows NT, MAC OS
Database: MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server, SQL Mongo DB, Cassandra, DB2
AWS Services: EC-2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, Cloud Formation, Glue S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud trial, Cognito, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS, Amazon direct connect
Web Servers: Oracle Web logic server11g/10g /9, Apache, Tomcat, NGINX WebLogic 8.1/9.2, WebSphere, JBoss, Oracle ATG web commerce, IIS
Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell scripting, Bash, Perl scripting, PowerShell, Ruby scripts, python scripting
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Open stack, Azure
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Sr. DevOps Engineer & Cloud Engineer
- Experiencing in setting up the infrastructure using AWS services including ELB , EC2 , Elastic container services ( ECS ), Auto-scaling, S3 , IAM , VPC , RDS , Cloud Trail , Cloud Watch , Elastic Cache , Lambda , Kinesis, SNS, Glacier , Cloud Formation , Storage Gateway, Code Commit, Code Deploy and Code Pipeline.
- Streamlined installation of OpenShift (PaaS) on partner cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure. Applying company security policies using Security groups and Network ACLs for instance and subnet level security as per project requirements.
- Using Python included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates for creating custom sized VPC , Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Creating Jenkins to build the artifacts using maven , deploy the Terraform templates to create the stack and experience in Installing and configuring basic High Availability Web Platforms using Terraform .
- Using Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds using Maven/Gradle for Artifacts and Docker file Builds to Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes by building Production Grade Kube Clusters with KOPS .
- Good working experience on OpenShift v3 and containerization of apps using Docker and Responsible for installation & configuration of Jenkins to support various Java builds and Jenkins plugins to automate continuous builds and publishing Docker images to the Nexus repository.
- Modeled and automated the End to End Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery pipeline which included building a Continuous Integration server utilizing tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven, GIT and Sonar. Used Jfrog Artifactory as our external repository manager to store and retrieve the build artifacts .
- Design and Implementing Ansible , used to manage web applications, Configuration files, Groups, Users. Experiences in managing and configuring nodes with Ansible server and workstation and used Ansible to orchestrate software updates and verify functionality. Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in OpenStack cloud through Ansible Play books.
- Orchestrated changes across multiple environments using IBM UDeploy . Handled automated, consistent deployments and rollbacks for all the applications. Implemented Incremental Updates to the application components and versions using Urban Code Deploy .
- Configured ServiceNow to integrate with AWS to Create Resource Profiles, configure governance, Populate the Cloud Service Catalog using Blueprints & Hands-on experience with trouble shooting several issues of ServiceNow integration with Cloud Management.
- Monitoring builds and deployments to ensure that failed builds or deployments are addressed in a timely manner using AppDynamics . Controlling administrative activities like user management, application management with AppDynamics and experience in network monitoring tool CA Wily, Nagios.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager's for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects. Coordinate with the Development, QA, and IT Operations teams during deployments to ensure there are no Conflicts.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling Cronjobs , enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing .
Confidential, Dallas, TX
DevOps Engineer & Cloud Engineer
- Maintained and managed the Azure Services with Virtual Machine. Involved in developing the Azure Solution and Services like IaaS and PaaS. Managed Azure Infrastructure Web Roles, Worker Roles, Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365.
- Created Cache Memory on Windows Azure to improve the performance of data transfer between SQL Azure and WCF services.
- Good in Manage hosting plans for Azure Infrastructure , implementing & deploying workloads on Azure Virtual Machines (VMs), Design and implement VM storage & good understanding on Implementing images/disks.
- Configured Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Developed Git workflows and built CI/CD pipelines using GitHub, Jenkins , and Maven to automate deployments.
- Worked on TFS/Azure DevOps for continuous integration (CI) and for end to end automation for all builds and deployments and worked on Build tools like Maven for the building of deployable artifacts into artifactories like Jfrog and Nexus from source code.
- Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project a part of cloud deployment. Hands on experience with deployments, Maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure Azure.
- Expertise in working with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a code, execution plans, resource graphs, change automation and created infrastructure in a coded manner using Terraform .
- Hands on experience in creating resources, using Azure Terraform modules, and automated infrastructure management.
- Similar infrastructure is deployed to Azure and additional cloud providers or on-premises datacenters using Terraform and managed infrastructure on multiple cloud providers.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Windows, PowerShell, GIT, Docker, on Azure Cloud.
- Good knowledge on Ansible Tower for managing complex network deployments by adding control, knowledge, and delegation to Ansible powered environments. Wrote Ansible Playbooks using Python SSH as Wrapper for Managing Configurations of my servers, Nodes, Test Playbooks on Azure instances using Python .
- Generated reports using JIRA for creating projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the project and created mail handlers and notifications schemes for JIRA.
- Created a resource group, storage account, and Azure Files in cloud Shell using PowerShell . Created Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure Cloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules.
- Analyzed and monitored log information using Splunk.
- Worked and maintained the branching, Staging, build, and release strategies using SCM tools like Subversion, GIT and Bitbucket .
- Setup various Jenkins jobs for build and test automation and created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT, Installing/upgrading Jenkins infrastructure on multiple servers.
- Experienced in working with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Build scripts using ANT, and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war &ear) from source code.data
- Designed and presented Container based delivery utilizing modern cutting-edge technologies such as Docker.
- Involved in writing Python scripts for Cookbooks in Chef and worked with bug ticketing tool Jira.
- Used Chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation in a SaaS environment.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Installed Ansible Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Automate deployment using Ansible to provision amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous deployments.
- Created monitoring script in python for AWS infrastructure saving costs instead of using CloudWatch.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 AMI Instances and configured the storage on S3 bucket.
- Hands on Experience with ETL tools such as AWS Glue, Using Data pipeline to move data to AWS RedShift.
- Experienced in working with AWS IAM to create new accounts, roles, and groups.
- Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project using Confluence.
Build and Release Engineer
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process. Adding storage to the cluster disks and increasing/ decreasing the file system in RHEL.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using SVN version control tools.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in Subversion.
- Updating the SVN log properties for revisions. Setting up the SVN sync servers, changed rev properties for SVN sync.
- Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool Jenkins and Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin , and managing Maven repositories .
- Responsible for supporting Linux System Administrator customers with RHEL/Centos/Ubuntu operating systems questions and problems via telephone, FAX, and email.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python, and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’ s build.xml.
- Analyze and create daily reports on the status of server backups on intranet and extranet.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python, and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’ s build.xml.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Extensive understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management within Agile environments.
- Performed Backend Testing by writing SQL Queries with SQL as RDBMS Database.
- Identifying Cross Functional Dependencies, Monitoring & tracking the release milestones.
- Coordinate release activities with Project Management, QA, Release Management and Web Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
- Developed and design an intranet project utilizing C# , ASP.NET , ADO.NET , SQL Server , HTML and CSS .
- Analyzed and debugged production issues in .NET applications and implemented fixes and conducted handover sessions to provide system setting, source code review, configuration, and Special instructions.
- Exposure to Linux administration and development.
- Installing, Building and Configuring Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL6) using PXE Kick Start Services.
- Experience in Linux System Administration, Network Administration and Application support working on Red Hat Linux 4/5/6/7, SUSE Linux 10/11, Solaris 8/9/10, IBM AIX environments.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Resolving significant hardware/software interface and interoperability problems
- Experience in Developing KORN, BASH, PERL, Python shell scripts to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance.
- Deploying a deep understating of Linux concepts , including file system management, service management, and interfacing with third party hardware.
- Track application performance metrics and report out to management.
- Initial hardware trouble shooting and escalating major hardware issue to respective vendors.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on Linux Servers.
- Installed and configured VNC server/client.
- Maintained detailed document of all activities performed during the project.
- Coordinating users for any server activities which may involve major changes on software or any hardware related issues.
- Education: Bachelor’s in Computer Science Engineering, India.