- Around 10 years of experience as an IT programmer, developing enterprise web applications.
- Conversant with all the phases of SDLC (Software development Life Cycle) with experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Integration, Implementation, Maintenance and Technical Support on JAVA/J2EE platforms.
- Extensive experience in Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOA&D), Development and Implementation of Client - Server/Web development using n-tier architecture.
- Extensive knowledge of MVC architectures and hands on experience implementing Servlets and JSP’s based on frameworks like Spring, Struts and Hibernate.
- Knowledge of Databases - design, creation and modification, implementing it with tables, joins, views and triggers using MySQL/Oracle.
- Experience in using Test-Driven Development and eXtreme Programming (XP) and various other software development strategies such as Agile, Scrum, Spiral and Waterfall.
- Experienced in Object Oriented Analysis and Designing (OOAD) methods, UML methodologies and Design Patterns using Rational Rose and Microsoft Visio.
- Strong hands on exposure to multiple Application Servers like BEA Weblogic, IBM Web Sphere Server, JBOSS, Glassfish and Apache Tomcat
- Experienced in CVS (Concurrent Version System), ClearCase, Visual Source Safe (VSS), SubVersion (SVN) and TFS.
- Extensive experience in developing unit testing frameworks using JUnit, DBUnit, HttpUnit, Mock Object and Cactus based on test first or test driven methodology.
- Have strong leadership, communication, analytical and programming skills.
- Worked very efficiently under pressure, coordinated with the other team members and handled all the situations effectively to meet the deadline.
- Skilled in developing business plans, requirements specifications, user documentation, and architectural systems research. Ability to work enthusiastically in both team based projects and individual projects
Languages: C, C++, Java/J2EE (Core Java, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, EJB, JNDI, JMS, JTA), PL-SQL
Platforms: Windows 00/XP/Vista/7, UNIX, LINUX Ubuntu, Redhat, Solaris, Macintosh
Databases: Oracle 10g, MySQL 5, MS SQL Server 2000, DB2, Postgre SQL, MS Access, SQL Developer/Toad
Frameworks: Struts, Spring, JSF, Swings, PGF
XML/Web Services: XML/VXML/ XSLT, XSD, DTD, DOM/SAX/XMLBeans, SOAP/REST, WSDL, Apache Axis, Stylus Studio, Altova XMLSpy
ORM: Hibernate, Ibatis
Servers: BEA Weblogic, IBM Websphere, Jboss, Tomcat, Glassfish
Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Visual Basic, MS Program Management, Adobe Web Premium Suite 5, Rational Rose, MS Visio, MS Web Expressions, MS SourceSafe
IDE: Eclipse, RAD, IDE Netbeans
Software Systems Engineer
- Support for the Maintenance and Enterprise Releases in the B2B Verizon wireless domain by overseeing the deployment, verifying the wars, validating test cases and also, monitoring related batch jobs.
- Working on various JIRA stories as a part of the monthly ER releases to upgrade the current IOT/M2M management online portal to provide customer with additional functionalities and better user experience in addition to working on code fixes and unit testing.
- Developed the Management center using Java API/Microservices/SpringBoot/Angular JS.
- Used Spring 4.3 Framework and integrated with Hibernate ORM and Google APIs and OAuth client libraries to create a dashboard that helps monitor the trends in markets and create reports.
- Used Apache POI libraries for XSSFWorkbook to generate reports and make them available to management and Production support by using Google Drive APIs(v3)/Google sheets service APIs(v4)/Google Apps GO Scripts.
- Created customized data-driven email alerts using JAVA mail API/Apache Velocity Template Engine(v1.7) in case of any unexpected trending issues or when the statistics reach a predetermined threshold. Also, created an SMS alerting system using JAVA RESTful API/Twilio to send notification to the on-call support member in case of critical failures.
- Currently working to design and build a range of service API functions using Java/JSON/SpringBoot/Google API.AI to support the DialogFlow chatbots to provide better customer experience.
- As a part of automating several manual processes, implemented AI algorithms with the help of AI-H2O API’s/Java AIML/JSON which included providing the platform with data to train the data models and implementing the automated solution provided in assignments.
- Responsible for creating technical design and deployment documents, test data for testing code fixes, performing unit/integration testing, updating app code in Accurev/GitHub and providing maintenance support.
Environment: Java 8, JSP, JS/GoogleAppScripts, GoogleDrive V3, GoogleSheets V4, Google OAuth, ArtificialIntelligence H2O/Watson Engine, APIS/Microservices, Maven, Apache Velocity, Spring/Springboot, Hibernate, Tableau, JavaMail, Apache POI, Jodatime, SQLDeveloper, Toad, Eclipse Neon, Putty/WinSCP.
- Support initiatives for the Maintenance and Enterprise Releases in the Web Tracking, Status Notification, Delivery Change Options (for UPS MyChoice Users) applications.
- Took Ownership for Design, Implementation, Deployment and Production Verification for the Tracking module on the UPS Homepage.
- Responsible for Technical Design, coding, unit testing of java based application changes to new and existing JSP pages as well as JAVA components that link the UI to various back end applications. Participate in integration, system testing and product test defect resolution.
- Worked on getting a new UI for the users to track the progress of their package real time on Microsoft Maps API.
- Worked on new initiative that is revamping the UPS site to be more responsive and integrated with the desktop as well as mobile screens using Angular JS technologies, modifying current flows to better the user experience.
- Worked on the UI Interface to accommodate changes in regards to translating the UPS - US site into Spanish for locale (es US).
- Worked on a cache manager project wherein the details of numbers tracked within the last 48 hours are cached onto Teracotta Big Memory until a change in their status in order to minimize MIPS.
- Upgraded from JQuery 1.7 to 1.10 - modifying the code to suit the new methods and removal of deprecated methods. Validating JS with JSLint and testing Cross Browser Functionality across different platforms and Desktop and Mobile browsers.
- Modified the web contents in order to adhere to the rules provided by WCAG 2.0 for better Accessibility.
- Design and develop views, controller and model components implementing Struts MVC and Page Generation (PGF) Framework.
- Implemented and configured the Struts validations framework for validating fields and data within the application.
- Generated APIs to interface with the external EJB components and facilitate the data interaction between different components with UPS.
- Created Client Component jars using ANT build scripts and provide it for use to other components and modules within UPS. Resolving issues or bugs related to the interfacing with the clients.
- Create a UI Driver for the clients to test their data and get the results with having to use Unit Testing/JUnit or debugging.
- Created Performance Test Cases to simulate load on the applications through JMETER.
- Helped with the source code migration verifications and validations from CVS to TFS.
- Involved in software development life cycle (SDLC) of the tracking systems Technical Design & Analysis, Detail Design, Development, Testing, Validation & Verification and Production Support.
Environment: Java6/7, Weblogic 12c, JBoss, JSP, HTML, JS/JSLint, CSS, AJAX, AngularJS, JSON XML, WCAG 2.0, Struts/PGF, CVS/TFS, Log4j, JMETER, Eclipse Juno, WINSCP/Secure FX, SecureCRT, ANT