- Overall 7+ years of Experience IT industry with major focus on Release management, Software Development, Configuration, Build and Release Engineering, DevOps Engineer, and Automation.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Planning and implementation of data and storage management solutions in Azure ( SQL Azure, Azure files, Queue storage, Blob storage ). Implementing scripts with PowerShell for Runbooks.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems, such as Sub Version (SVN), Perforce, TFS, GIT and knowledge of Clear Case.
- Implemented microservices, application development, and migration using AWS/Azure services such as Azure Devops. Kubernet service (AKS), Container Registry, Cosmos DB, Grafana, Azure pipelines, monitor, RBAC, AWS kubernets EKS and kubernets API to run workloads on EKS Clusters.
- Managed (AWS) Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, Lambda, EBS, ELB, Auto - Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console and API Integration with Puppet Code.
- Responsible for creating multi-region, multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Worked closely with development teams and performance test engineers for EC2 size optimization.
- Experience of Migration & deployment of Applications with upgrade version of Applications. Configured SonarQube code quality tool and integrated it with Jenkins.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in Web Logic, Web Sphere and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Migrated CVS Version Management tool to Subversion. Experience in working Ubuntu, Red Hat, UNIX, windows.
- Implemented Jenkins pipelines into Azure pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using AKS.
- Good working experience with databases like MySQL, Dynamodb, NoSQL, Wordpress, Mongodb and involved in creating stored procedures, functions, triggers, and complex queries.
- Automating Web Sphere EAR file deploys through Cruise Control, Jenkins, Team City, and Bamboo.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like puppet & Jenkins.
- Played a key role in automating the deployments on AWS using GITHUB, terraform, Puppet, Chef and Jenkins.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/ JBOSS.
- Experience in working with automation tools like CHEF, PUPPET and ANSIBLE.
- Experience with Configuration Management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts.
- Fulfilling the role of a DevOps engineer in respect to our PUPPET code. Responsible for QA code merges.
- Used Ansible for configuring and managing multi-node configuration management over SSH and PowerShell.
- Skilled in Orchestrating Docker containers using Kubernetes & Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
- Familiar with integrating JUnit, PMD and other code quality Tests as a part of build process.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source.
- Experienced with Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Expertise in writing Bash Scripts, Pearl Scripts (hash and arrays), Python programming for deployment of Java applications on bare servers or Middleware tools, Jinja2, Boto3.
- Expertise in trouble shooting the problems generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Efficient in working closely with core product teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 11/10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x/7.x, SUSE 10/11/12, UBUNTU, Windows NT/XP/ 2003/2008/2012.
Network Protocols: FireEye, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, SME, LDAP, Firewall, Kibana, Apigee, Git, Grafana, SNMP, ITSM, PCI, APM, Hunk, Zabbix, SOAP, Kubernets, Lambda,Jmeter, SDLC, IaaS, ELK, Prometheus, Splunk.
Scripting Languages: Unix Shell Scripting, Python, Perl, bash, java script
Application/Web Servers: Tomcat 6.0/7.0, Web Logic 9.0/10.0, JBoss, Web sphere 6.0/ 7.0/8.0,Apache,Nginx
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, MySQL, Postgre, Sql.
Web Technology: HTML 4.0/5.0., DHTML, XML, PHP, Java Script, Servlets and JSP.
Build Tools/CI Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Teamcity.
Source Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), GIT, CVS, Clear Case.
Cloud Services: AWS, Rackspace, Terraform, Azure, GCP, Cloud security on Google Platforms.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Azure, Docker, Ansible.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java/J2EE, SQL, Python, SQL, Kafka, Spark.
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Built and managed a large deployment of Red Hat Linux instances systems with Chef Automation and provision virtual servers using vagrant and kitchen in Oracle VM virtual box, provisioned servers in Amazon EC2.
- Implemented Azure solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven or Nexus in Linux environment
- Wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- Helped teams perform their duties more efficiently by providing ALM trainings targeted for each teams' needs.
- Used Azure Terraform and Azure OpsWorks to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project
- Implemented a distributed messaging queue to integrate with Cassandra using Kafka,
- Developed Docker based micro services, deployment modules with Jenkins, Kubernetes and Ansible based pipelines/frameworks.
- Ownership for Azure SQL server DB deployment & managed the continues integration & continues deployment.
- Used Splunk for monitoring, Dashboards, Alerts, reports etc.
- Used Bash and Python , included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Setup a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Firewall rules in order to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM’s instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Having pleasant experience in Cloud Computing platform like Azure from Microsoft for deploying and managing applications.
- Responsible for implementing containerized based applications on Azure Kubernetes by using Azure Kubernetes service (AKS), Kubernetes Cluster, which are responsible for cluster management, Virtual Network to deploy agent nodes, Ingress API Gateway, MySQL Databases and Cosmo DB for stateless storage of external data, and setup reverse proxy Nginx in the cluster.
- Also worked on Apache Hadoop and used Kafka for messaging system and spark for processing large sets of data.
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks and YAML.
- Migrated configuration management from Puppet to Chef.
- Experience in Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, and manage Docker containers with multiple names spaced versions using Helm charts.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations and AWS Cloud management
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Foundry.
- Working knowledge of several types of configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt and Vagrant.
- Integrating the Third-Party Tools with TFS for ALM & Traceability. Developed core product feature using NodeJs, Java and Scala. Used Cobertura tool to calculate the percentage of java code accessed by test.
- Worked with Apache Kafka for High throughput for both publishing and subscribing, with disk structures that provide constant performance even with many terabytes of stored messages.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm chart packages.
- Working on Splunk tool for monitoring all the Kubernetes clusters for efficient cluster visibility, proactive monitoring and triggering action.
- Designed Lambda functions (Python) required for several modules that require special functionality such as: random resource id generator, dynamic policy injection of new accounts into an S3 Bucket policy, adding events to S3 Bucket, monitoring for specific CloudWatch events (i.e ec2 launch, s3 bucket creation), inserting new account into centralized DynamoDb table,writing/reading to/from Systems Manager Parameter Store and Secrets Manager etc.
Environment: SVN(Subversion), Anthill Pro, ANT, GCP, Makefile, NAnt, Lambda, or Maven, ALM, NodeJs, Chef, Docker, Azure, Jenkins 2.0, Clear case, Unix, Linux, Perl, Bash, Python, Terraform, Grafana, Ruby, Cruise control, AWS, MongoDB, Bamboo, Git, JIRA, Shell Script, Web sphere.
Azure Devops Engineer
- Expertise in deploying Azure AD Connect, configuring ADFS authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect.
- Involved in migrating SQL Server databases to SQL Azure Database using SQL Azure Migration Wizard and then Deployed application to Azure Cloud.
- Experience on Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure cloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules.
- Configured Internal load balancer, load balanced sets and Azure Traffic manager.
- Developed Power Shell 2.0 scripting to work with TFS Object Model to utilize for more repeatable, automated processes and tasks.
- Built an on demand dedicated server hosting platforms using Docker Golang and Redis.
- Developed Docker files and scripts to build and deploy Docker images for multitier architecture, which consist of frontend web servers, API servers, backend logic servers.
- Using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution, and deployment on to tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory).
- Developed and Automated the Tests to validate the correctness of the Servers Configuration. Expressed in YAML Code and Used GIT to update the playbooks to the GIT repository.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers, Docker files and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle, configured deployment automation of all the microservices to pull image from the private Docker Registry and deploy to Docker Swarm cluster.
- Worked in using Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications
- Developed Networking policies for Docker containers. Worked on open source development tools like Docker Containers and Mesos.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning; Created roles, cookbooks, recipes, and data bags for server configuration, deployment and app stack build outs.
- Work with Build and Release teams to enhance the current process to implement a better software packaging and delivery by automation using Jenkins & chef.
- Used MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Good experience in Splunk, Prometheus , WLST, Shell scripting to automate and monitor the environment routine tasks.
- Configured network and server monitoring using ELK Stack with Logspout and Nagios for notifications.
- Experience in writing Bash, Shell Scripts to automate the administrative tasks and management.
- Expertise in automating the builds and releases of Java, .NET and AngularJS applications using VSTS/Azure DevOps Services.
- Migrated some of the build jobs from Jenkins to VSTS and Agile Boards from Jira to Azure DevOps Services.
Environment: Jenkins, Azure, SQL, Cassandra cluster, ANT, Chef, Java, Maven, JFrog, GIT, Ruby, Splunk, ELK, Docker, Python, Git Hub, Pipeline, Jenkins, Shell, Java, Jira, Mesos, YAML.
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Writing Manifests/Modules for Installation and Updating of Yum repositories on the Server using Puppet infrastructure.
- Configured Route S3 by using CFT templates, assigned the DNS mapping for the AWS servers and trouble-shoot the issues of the load balancer's, auto scaling groups and Route S3.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Automated Weekly releases with Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository. Used Mockito framework on unit testing
- Installed Configured and Upgraded Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x to 5.x and configured various patching schedules to meet patching criteria quarterly.
- Developed automation scripting in Shell using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management and to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Experience writing puppet manifests for apache installation and configuration as well as for various deployments.
- Used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx to achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto scaling groups.
- Used Kafka to aggregate log data into HDFS. Developed a stream filtering system using Spark streaming on top of Apache Kafka.
- Designed a system using Kafka to auto - scale the backend servers based on the events throughput.
- Containerization of Web application using Docker and Kubernetes and Database maintenance.
- Involved in writing parent POM files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and Created Cloud formation JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Experience in Building and deploying the application code using CLI of Kubernetes called kubectl, kubelet, kubeadm, Kubespray and Schedule the jobs using Kube scheduler. Managed K8s charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications.
- Involved installing and managing different automation and monitoring tools on Red hat Linux like Nagios, Splunk and Puppet.
- Used Kubernetes as a open source platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of applications containers across clusters of hosts, providing container centric infrastructure.
- Kubernetes to deploy applications quickly and predictably. Business data analysis using Big Data tools like Splunk, ELK, Prometheus .
- Used ServiceNow as a CRM for the release management and incident management and change management processes.
- Docker can be integrated into various tools like AWS, Puppet, Vagrant, Jenkins & VMware containers.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications in the agile process.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Configured and installed monitoring tools Grafana, Kibana, Log stash and Elastic Search on the servers.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Puppet, python (boto& fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Configured SonarQube code quality tool and integrated it with Jenkins. Implemented SonarQube to analyze code quality metrics, to verify the coding standards and setup quality gates to allow/fail builds as per requirement.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published. Participated in all Product Release and Patches.
Environment: RTC, SVN(Subversion), Anthill Pro, ANT, NAnt, and Maven,Terraform, Lambda,Puppet, Jenkins, Clear case, Unix, Linux, Perl, Python, Ruby, AWS, Bamboo, Hudson, Git, JIRA, Shell Script, Weblogic. AWS experience