I developed with BIRT Reporting Framework to create reports with aggregated data for a public utility geomapping application and previously worked as a consultant to UMB creating an enterprise banking management solution. I have worked with JDeveloper creating Entity/View Objects, and supporting Java classes, for a telecommunication switching and routing application for 911 cell phone calls. Previously, a Java/J2EE Developer contracting at the Confidential, where I re - factored and developed applications to meet Confidential guidelines and comply with coding mandates. Developed web applications using Java/J2EE, JSP, and XML, on multiple types of web and applications servers such as Tomcat, WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, IBM Portal, and Oracle servers. In 2005, obtained an MBA with concentrations in Project Management and Management Information Systems.
Java: 17 years J2EE/JSP/HTML: 10 years XML: 7 years SQL: 10 years + Informix Databases and Tools: 4 years STRUTS: 6 years Programmer/Analysis: 15 years + MS SQL Server: 5 years Management/Project Management: 3 years Content Management: 2 year Spring Framework: 4 years WebSphere: 5 years BIRT Framework: 3 years
Confidential, Leawood, Kansas
- developed a enterprise application for interal banking management.
- Developed webservices using JAXB and OpenJPA, and JSP web pages with the Spring MVC framework.
- Gained a good understanding of Spring annotations and other aspects of the Spring Framework.
- Our repository was SVN and the applictions was built using Apache Maven build automation.
- Our database was DB2 and development environment was Eclipse Kepler release.
- We imported the application to IBM Portal and WebSphere application server.
- Also worked with BIRT Reporting tool.
Confidential, Overland Park, Kansas
Java/J2EE Web Developer/Assistan Project Manager
- Development of Java/J2EE web applications at the Confidential using IBM WebSphere 6.1, STRUTS 1.2.4, and ClearCase for our code repository.
- Contracted to convert their MILC-X and MILC-FB applications from WebSphere 5.0 to WebSphere 6.1, which required upgrading from STRUTS 1.0 to STRUTS 1.2.4.
- Re-factored this application to comply with the Confidential /FSA Style Guide and the Confidential Section 508 mandate, which is the standard for making applications accessible to the visually impaired.
- Utilized AccVerify software to verify accessibility.
- Developed the reporting piece with JasperReports and iReports and a separate STRUTS application for administration purposes.
- Began implementing JUnit automated testing. In July, 2010, we moved off of WebSphere, and were using the Eclipse/JBoss environment, with an SVN repository.
- Added Spring framework (Dependency Injection and JDBC Template) to the application in 2011.
- Assisted with project management tasks such as project scheduling, time reporting, and status reports to the customer.