Knowledgeable development professional with demonstrated success excelling in dynamic, fast - paced environments and experience designing innovative software solutions. Results-oriented programmer skilled at collaborating within high-performing teams, with extensive knowledge of development processes and proven talent developing quality websites. Focused on delivering timely project results, continuous learning, and exceeding organizational goals.
- Full Stack Development
- API Design & Testing
- Team Collaboration
- Stakeholder Communication
- Application Development
- SDLC & Agile Methodology
- Project Planning
- Troubleshooting & Issue Resolution
Frameworks: Node.js, Bootstrap, Axios.js, Grommet.io, React, Dexie.js, Phaser.js
Tools: Ajax, PostgreSQL, Mobx State Tree, Postman, Elasticsearch
Confidential, Murray, UT
- Maximized software testing efficiency through design and implementation of innovative software solutions.
- Liaised with stakeholders to understand project requirements and relevant business processes and testing procedures.
- Supported various projects across organization employing multifaceted skills and knowledge of development processes.
- Developed internal interface for manual QA using React and Spring Boot, enabling test user information to be customized with +50 fields containing user data for integration testing across multiple product lines.
- Utilized libraries including Grommet.io, Mobx State Tree, Dexie.js interfacing with indexeddb, and Axios for AJAX.
Senior QA Engineer
- Oversaw end-to-end software testing, strategizing test plans, designing and executing test cases, and ensuring all functionality meets acceptance criteria.
- Tracked issues, led troubleshooting, and completed bug logging and defect management.
- Coordinated testing activities with Product Managers and Development Team across high-volume, agile environment.
- Ensured timely deployment of quality solutions exceeding customer expectations.
- Partnered with manual QA testers to boost productivity through development of automated tests, employing Java and Rest Assured to reduce testing time by half.
- Piloted transition of tests from old suite written in Python to newer Java system.
- Played key role utilizing Postman and Swagger to create suite with +100 API tests to certify Kafka move implemented properly.
Ruby on Rails Developer
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
- Collaborated within high-performing team developing, enhancing, and maintaining websites for nation’s largest white-label deals and discounts organization.
- Leveraged technologies including Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Bootstrap to complete full stack development.
- Wrote clean code, completed efficient testing and debugging, and contributed in team meetings to deliver software solutions meeting scope and timelines.
- Reduced message processing time from hours to under 30 minutes, implementing elegant messaging system interface using Twilio.
- Supported internal REST API maintenance using Elasticsearch.
Junior Rails Developer
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
- Supported design and development of platform for teachers to provide mastery-based learning.
- Aided in creation of interface allowing teachers to assign videos to drive product learning.
- Contributed to development of API to pull tests from third-party providers into product enabling use by teachers within platform.
- Participated in Green Fields Project, building intuitive training portal using Node.js and Angular.
- Promoted to role of increased scope with differing knowledge base, moving from QA Tester to role as Junior Web Developer.