- Around 8+ years of professional IT experience including 3 years in Hadoop/Big data ecosystem and Tableau related technologies.
- Designed and customized attivio product to store data for further analysis using machine learning algorithm
- Basic knowledge of shell
- Architected and designed product services using REST web services spring dynamic modules with OSGI
- Extensive knowledge in creating project plan Reports and matrix using MSP
- Involved in project design and implementation using Object oriented principles and having good implementation knowledge of Java/J2EE design patterns
- Extensively worked in designing application using technologies OSGI Spring dynamic modules J2EE technologies Servlets Swing Applets JSP 1x JDBC JNDI EJB XML 10 and Struts
- Designed application Workflow using JBPM
- Design and Develop Cash Office Solution using Swing Spring Frame work
- Customized and Developed the Oracle 360Commerce retail application using POS Back Office and Central Office using J2EE Design Patterns
- Database designing using Erwin and programming skills including PL/SQL JDBC and SQL with DB2 ORACLE and SQL Se
- Worked on multiple stages of Software Development Life Cycle including Development, Component Integration, Performance Testing, Deployment and Support Maintenance.
- Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting.
- Establish AWS technical credibility with customers and external parties
- Have flair to adapt to new software applications and products, self - starter, have excellent communication skills and good understanding of business work flow.
- Experience in importing and exporting data using Sqoop from HDFS to Relational Database Systems and vice-versa.
- Extensive experience working in Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and My SQL database.
- Experience in Design, Development & Analysis of SQL Server 2005/2008 and Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools (MSBI) - SSIS, SSRS and SSA
Hadoop/Big Data: HDFS, Mapreduce, HBase, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Cassandra, Impala, Oozie, Zookeeper, MapR, Amazon Web Serivces, EMR, MRUnit, Spark, Storm, Greenplum, Datameer, Language R, Ignite.
Java & J2EE Technologies: Core Java, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JNDI, Java Beans
IDE s: Eclipse, Net beans
Frameworks: MVC, Struts, Hibernate, Spring
Programming languages: C,C++, Java, Python, Ant scripts, Linux shell scripts, R, Perl
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MySQL, DB2, MS-SQL Server, MongoDB, Couch DB. Graph DB
Web Servers: Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP
ETL Tools: Informatica, IBM Infosphere, Qlikview and Cognos
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Created Hive queries that helped market analysts spot emerging trends by comparing fresh data with EDW reference tables and historical metrics.
- Enabled speedy reviews and first mover advantages by using Oozie to automate data loading into the Hadoop Distributed File System and PIG to pre-process the data.
- Provided design recommendations and thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders that improved review processes and resolved technical problems.
- Managed and reviewed Hadoop log files.
- Tested raw data and executed performance scripts.
- Shared responsibility for administration of Hadoop, Hive and Pig.
- Responsible for developing map reduce program using text analytics and pattern matching algorithms
- Involved in in porting data from various client servers like Remedy Altiris Cherwell OTRS etc into HDFS file system
- Assist the development team to install single node Hadoop 224 in local machine
- Coding REST Web service and client to fetch tickets from client ticketing servers
- Facilitating Sprint planning Retrospection and closer meeting for each spring and help capture various metrics like team status
- Participated in architectural and design decisions with respective teams
- Developed in-memory data grid solution across conventional and cloud environments using Oracle Coherence.
- Work with customers to develop and support solutions that use our in-memory data grid product.
- Used Pig as ETL tool to do transformations, event joins, filters and some pre-aggregations before storing the data onto HDFS
- Optimizing Map reduce code, pig scripts, user interface analysis, performance tuning and analysis.
- Analysis with data visualization player Tableau.
- Writing Pig scripts for data processing.
- Used Hive to analyze the partitioned and bucketed data and compute various metrics for reporting on the dashboard.
- Loaded the aggregated data onto DB2 for reporting on the dashboard.
Environment: BigData/Hadoop, JDK1.6, Linux, Storm, Java, Agile, RESTful Web Services, HDFS, Map-Reduce, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Zookeeper, Oozie, DB2, NoSQL, HBase and Tableau.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Big Data/Hadoop Developer
- Worked on evaluation and analysis of Hadoop cluster and different big data analytic tools including Pig, Hbase database and Sqoop.
- Responsible for building scalable distributed data solutions using Hadoop.
- Involved in loading data from LINUX file system to Hadoop Distributed File System.
- Created Hbase tables to store various data formats of PII data coming from different portfolios.
- Experience in managing and reviewing Hadoop log files.
- Exporting the analyzed and processed data to the relational databases using Sqoop for visualization and for generation of reports for the BI team.
- Installed Oozie workflow engine to run multiple Hive and pig jobs.
- Develop/capture/document architectural best practices for building systems on AWS
- Analyzing large amounts of data sets to determine optimal way to aggregate and report on these data sets
- Worked with the Data Science team to gather requirements for various data mining projects.
- Developed the Pig and Hive queries as well as UDF'S to pre-process the data for analysis.
- Importing and exporting data into HDFS and Hive using Flume.
- Developer of data quality monitoring and systems software in Python with Flask, coding in Python working on news content systems and infrastructure.
- Analyzed large data sets by running Hive queries and Pig scripts.
- Created dash boards using Tableau to analyze data for reporting.
- Support for setting up QA environment and updating of configurations for implementation scripts with Pig and Sqoop.
Environment: Hadoop, HDFS, Pig, Sqoop, HBase, Shell Scripting, Linux, JSON, AJAX, Informatica and RDBMS
- Collected, understood, and transmitted the business requirements for the project
- Used agile development methodology.
- Involved in analysis, design and development of the product and developed specifications that include Use Cases, Class Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams.
- Involved in build, staging, Testing and deployment of J2EE applications.
- Project Planning, monitoring and control for small and large projects
- Involve in Requirement Analysis, Design and Implementation activities.
- Worked in UI team to develop new customer facing portal for Long Term Care Partners.
- Deployment and Post deployment support.
- Creating test cases and technical documents.
- Developing front end GUI using Java Server Faces.
- Implementing Java API using core java
- Integrating front end with API.
- Involved in each phase of SDLC to ensure smooth and proper functioning of the project.
- Retrieved source data using SQL for data analysis.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing.
- Developed Business Flow Diagrams, Dataflow diagrams, Activity diagrams and Use cases diagrams using MS Visio.
Environment: MS Office 2007(word, PowerPoint, excel), MS Visio, Agile, Core Java (1.4), Oracle, Apache Tomcat, JSP, JSTL and Linux
- Developed the system by following the agile methodology.
- Involved in the implementation of design using vital phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) that includes Development, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance Support.
- Experience in Agile Programming and accomplishing the tasks to
- Involved in design of ClassDiagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Event Diagrams as a part of Documentation.
- Developed the presentation layer using CSS and HTML taken from Bootstrap to develop for multiple browsers including mobiles and tablets.
- Extended standard action classes provided by the Struts framework for appropriately handling client requests.
- Configured Struts tiles for reusing view components as an application of J2EE composite pattern.
- Involved in the integration of Struts and Spring 2.0 for implementing Dependency
- Injection (DI/IoC). Developed code for obtaining bean references in Spring IoC framework.
- Developed the application on Eclipse.
- Involved in the implementation of beans in Application.
- Representation from MVC model to Oracle Relational data model with a SQL-based schema.
- Developed SQL queries and Stored Procedures using PL/SQL to retrieve and insert into multiple database schemas.
- Performed Unit Testing Using JUnit and Load testing using LoadRunner.
- Implemented Log4J to trace logs and to track information.
- Applied OOAD principles for the analysis and design of the system.
- Used Websphere Application Server to deploy the build.
- Used Spring Framework for developing business objects.
- Performed data validation in Struts Form beans and Action Classes.
- Used Eclipse for the Development, Testing and Debugging of the application.
- SQL Developer was used as a database client.
- Used WinSCP to transfer file from local system to other system.
- Used Rational ClearQuest for defect logging and issue tracking.
- Gathered and analyzed user/business requirements and developed System test plans.
- Managed the project using Test Director, added test categories and test details.
- Involved in using various PeopleSoft Modules.
- Performed execution of test cases manually to verify the expected results.
- Created Recovery Scenarios for the application exception handling using recovery manager.
- Implemented cross cutting concerns as aspects at Service layer using Spring AOP.
- Involved in the implementation of DAO objects using spring - ORM.
- Involved in the JMS Connection Pool and the implementation of publish and subscribe using Spring JMS. Used JMS Template to publish and Message Driven POJO (MDP) to subscribe from the JMS provider.
- Involved in creating the Hibernate POJO’s and developed Hibernate mapping Files.
- Used Hibernate, object/relational-mapping (ORM) solution, technique of mapping data
- Involved in doing the GAP Analysis of the Use cases and Requirements.
- Test Scenarios developed for Test Automation.
Environment: Windows 98, Java 1.4, C, C++, JSP, Servlets, J2EE, PHP, Multi threading, OO design, JDBC, HTML, RAD, WSAD.