Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
Software Applications: Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, Greenplum Database, Confidential Solutions Enabler / TimeFinder, Centera
Programming Languages: Scala, Java, Python, Perl, Bash
Confidential, Westborough, MA
Software Engineer (Expert)
- Lead Architect and Developer for the Confidential product integration with Confidential .
- Focused on the Wellness aspect which is a continuation of the work prior to Confidential ’s acquisition of Confidential . Includes working with and assisting several other teams to develop micro - services to move or process incoming data at various stages.
- Expanded the environment to include Kafka as an event messaging system to coordinate various stages in the processing of all of the incoming Confidential data from customer environments.
- Utilizing the Lightbend AKKA framework created various micro-services in SCALA to move and/or process data at various stages for rendering to customers within the InfoSight frontend.
- Utilizing the Lightbend AKKA framework created several micro-services in SCALA to stream incoming Confidential product alerts and analyze them to identify issues with customer environments in near real time.
Confidential, Westborough, MA
Principle Software Engineer
- Diagnosed complex customer issues with the Confidential product and provided Root Cause Analysis, workarounds and resolutions to customer support.
- Began the design and development of an automated diagnostics system known as SDAP ( Confidential Diagnostic Automation Program) to assist in the diagnosis of issues to reduce the amount of escalations from customer support.
- Built and configured a Mesos cluster for resource management and Hadoop cluster for maintaining and accessing all of the log data used to analyze customer issues.
- Designed and developed a framework utilizing SPARK to extract, transform and load Confidential product support captures into the Hadoop environment as well as import the Confidential configuration database into postgresql instances within the environment so that they could also be used to identify issues.
- Designed and developed a framework utilizing SPARK that enabled users to analyze the extracted data and imported configuration databases to find and identify issues.
- Designed a database using postgresql to store analyzed results for recall and rendering to end users.
- Developed REST API utilizing Python Flask to facilitate command line and user interface access to the analyzed and raw data that was processed and stored on Hadoop and within a database.
- Developed fixes for identified defects in various areas of the Confidential product resulting from the investigations.
Confidential, Hopkinton, MA
Senior MTS (Member Technical Staff)
- Develop step-by-step procedures and documentation outlining process to integrate various Confidential Ecosystem products with Greenplum Database and Data Computing Appliance (DCA) and develop tools and utilities to assist and test integrations of products.
- Developed multi-threaded Python program for profiling running customer DCA clusters.
- Connected to all nodes within cluster and collected system, disk and network information and analyzed information problems and failures within cluster that required attention from support.
- Developed multi-threaded Java-based framework, automating creation and management of Greenplum database and Confidential Hadoop environments in Amazon Web Services environment.
- Created needed Elastic Compute (EC2) instances allocated and assigned any needed Elastic Block Store (EBS) volumes, Security Key Pairs and Elastic IPs required for instances making available for external connections.
- Configured instances and installed and configured necessary Greenplum and Confidential software.
- Developed fixes for defects found within Python platform monitoring, setup and administration code for Data Computing Appliance (DCA). Code fixes and updates included switch configurations, VLAN overlay changes and NFS updates as well as other various issues as identified by QA and field engineers as well as customer reported issues.
Confidential, Hopkinton, MA
Consultant System Integration Engineer
- Developed step-by-step procedures and documentation outlining process integrating various Confidential products with Greenplum Database and Data Computing Appliance (DCA) and developing tools and utilities to assist and test the integrations of the products.
- Developed Java-based Hadoop test utility, creating data and exercising Hadoop MapReduce functionality of Confidential Hadoop setups.
- Developed automated test program in Python, integrating Python’s unit test module, performing QA testing on integration of Data Domain with Greenplum DB and Greenplum DB’s backup and restored functionality.
- Developed multi-threaded Python utility connecting multiple DCA Clusters, each made up of multiple Linux servers, collecting system information and logs. Collected information was stored in Greenplum database and analyzed determining system reliability prior to releasing new hardware into field.
- Created tools Framework from ground up using Perl streamlining packaging, delivery, installation and execution of tools released into field for diagnosing, upgrading, patching and maintaining multiple Confidential products
- Investigated and diagnosed complex customer issues for multiple Confidential products providing root cause analysis to executives, support and customers.
Confidential, Rochester, NH
- Administered 35 servers consisting of windows and UNIX operating systems and Confidential Data Manager (EDM) backup and recovery system making up company ERP and sales systems and disaster recovery (DR) process for systems.
Senior Intelligence Analyst
- Led and trained several personnel as part of an analytical team.
- Providing detailed intelligence reports and briefings, informing senior level leadership on current situation in assigned regions.