- Having 8+ years of professional experience in developing web based, SOA based and client/server applications in multi - platform environments with Java/J2EE technologies, Involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Good knowledge on core java with strong understanding of Multithreading,
- Collections, Exception handling, Garbage Collector.
- Experience in Kafka building real-time data pipelines and streaming apps
- Built Apache Kafka Multi node cluster to monitor multiple clusters.
- Design recommend best approach suited for data movement from different sources to HDFS using Apache/Confluent Kafka
- Hands on experience on Spring Core Annotations for Dependency Injection Spring DI and Spring MVC for REST API and Spring Boot for micro - services.
- Build microservices using spring boot for the delivery of software products across the enterprise.
- Utilized Java 8 features like Lambda expressions and Stream API for Bulk data operations on Collections which would increase the performance of the Application.
- Experience of developing data models by configuring Hibernate persistence layer, mapping Java classes with database using Hibernate, Hibernate Query Language (HQL) and Criteria API.
- Experience with dealing REST based web services using Json
- Implemented exception handling in Java Spring boot for REST API, by making use of Exception Handler and Controller Advice annotations.
- Expertise in databases such as Oracle, MySQL, databases to manage tables, viewsindexes, sequences, stored procedures, functions, triggers and packages.
- Experienced in web/application servers like Tomcat, WebLogic, JBOSS, WebSphere.
- Strong experience in using Jenkins as continuous Integration tool and Maven, Ant for dependency management and GIT/SVN for version control.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, communication and inter-personal skills with ability to interact with individuals at ease
Technologies: JDBC, JSP, Servlet, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Boot
Technologies: Servlets, JSP, XML, HTML, CSS and AJAX
Databases: MYSQL, Oracle, Cassandra
Web Services: RESTful Web Services
Tools: Eclipse, Intellij
OR Mapping: Hibernate
Web/App Servers: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Apache Kafka
Design Patterns: Singleton, Data Transfer Object, Factory
Tools: Eclipse, STS, Intellij, GIT, Maven, SVN, Jira, Jenkins, Jacoco
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Consuming and exposing various Web services using JAX - RS and JSON to different systems for business services.
- Developed complex Web Services and tailored JAX-RS API to suit the requirement.
- Implemented Caching Strategies in Web Services Client Layer for reducing the number of executions in Controller.
- Developed Spring Beans and configured spring using applicationContext.xml. Generated DAO s to map with database tables using Hibernate. Used HQL (Hibernate Query Language) and Criteria for database querying and retrieval of results.
- Used Second Level Cache to enhance performance and Proper Memory Management.
- Involved in J2EE Design Patterns such as Data Transfer Object (DTO), DAO, Value Object and Template.
- Generated POJO classes with JPA Annotations using Reverse Engineering.
- Used Spring IOC, AOP modules to integrate with the application.
- Developed SQL Queries for performing CRUD operations in Oracle for the application.
- Used Maven for generating system build sand Bamboo for continuous integration.
- Created WAR/EAR files from Maven and deployed them on Tomcat.
- Developed the application using IntelliJ IDE.
- Used LOG4J, JUnit for debugging, testing and maintaining the system state.
- Used REST-CLIENT for testing the Web-Services.
- Wrote JUNIT Test cases for Spring Controllers and Web Service Clients in Service Layer using Mockito.
- Designed and developed the application using AGILE-SCRUM methodology.
- Used GIT to maintain source and version management and used IntelliJ as IDE.
- Using JIRA to manage the issues/project work flow.
- Involved in doing code reviews using STASH.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Jdk1.6, Spring, Hibernate, Webservices, JAX-RS, Mockito, WADL,SOAP UI,JSP, AJAX, Liquibase, Html, CSS, Maven, log4j, Oracle, MY SQL,, SQL Developer,JIRA, STASH, Source Tree, IntelliJ, GIT, UNIX, IntelliJ, AGILE-SCRUM.
Confidential, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
SR. JAVA DEVELOPER
- Developed Presentation tier implementation which involves in creating the JSP, configuring action classes and developing several Action classes involved in the project.
- Wrote Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Matrix documents analyzing the Use Cases.
- Developed Use Case Diagrams, Object Diagrams & Class Diagrams in UML.
- Developed unit tests using the Spring Mockito Framework to test the service classes.
- Implemented persistence layer using Hibernate with JPA annotations based approach.
- Created SQL queries for the Database layer by studying the required business objects and validated them with Stored Procedures.
- Developed multi - threaded standalone app in Python.
- Designed and developed the End Points (Controllers), Business Layer, DAO Layer using Hibernate/JDBC template and used Spring IOC (Dependency Injection).
- Leveraged the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern and ensured that all controls were bound using data binding to the View Model.
- Developed several Data Access Objects that fires the Hibernate Queries.
- Implemented Spring Controllers and used Spring tag library in JSPs for MVC layer of admin pages.
- Built and accessed the database using Hibernate with Oracle.
- Followed Agile Methodology to develop this project that involved everyday Scrum meetings with the Team Lead.
- Used the Amazon Web Services Elastic Beanstalk in order to deploy the application for improved resource control, auto-scaling and improved developer productivity.
Environment: Core Java, J2EE, JSP, JSTL, Spring, and Hibernate, Oracle, Eclipse, JUnit, Spring Mockito, AWS, Python, MySQL, JPA.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior JAVA/ J2EE Developer
- Involved in modifying, updating and testing of the component.
- Involved in group meeting with teammates and made substantial changes to the architecture to improve performance of the Application.
- Modified JSPs, used struts tag libraries and Java Server Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL).
- Maintained Struts architecture throughout the application.
- Developed the bean classes for better data exchange between the MVC layers
- Successfully differentiated presentation from code.
- Used multi-threading and socket programming.
- Deployed the application on WebLogic Application Server.
- Created connection pools and data sources.
- Used Win CVS as version Control system.
- Suggested ER models and changes in the table structures
- Modified SQL, PL/SQL procedures and triggers to obtain optimize output.
- Involved in separation of components and deploying in different servers and balancing the load among each Server.
- Solved performance issues and brought optimal output from the available resources.
- Part of the billing domain team.
- Familiar with JMAT and JHAT.
Environment: Java, J2ee, Sybase, Bea WebLogic Server, Jstl, Sql Server, Struts, Frame Work, Servlets, JSP, EJB, WinCVS, JavaBeans, Eclipse, Uml, Windows Xp/Linux, JAX-RS.
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
- Responsible and active in the analysis, design, implementation and deployment of full software development life-cycle (SDLC) of the project.
- Designed and developed user interface using JSP, HTML 5 and CSS.
- Designed the application by implementing MVC Architecture, used simple Java Beans as a Model, JSP-UI Components as View and Action Servlet as a Controller.
- Involved in J2EE design utilizing MVC and simple JDBC template to perform CRUD operations.
- SQL Server Database is used as PRODUCTION Data Base.
- Developed database scripts and wrote Stored Procedures and triggers.
- Rational Application Developer (RAD) was used as Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Apache MAVEN was used for the entire build process.
- Involved in writing test cases using JUNIT for various modules.
- Involved in regression testing, evaluating the response times, and resolving the connection pooling issues.
- Involved in testing, bug fixing and documentation of the system deployment.
- Worked with IBM Web-Sphere as the Application Server, SVN and GIT-HUB as the version controllers.
- Worked in a Billing domain to process the data.
Confidential, Dublin, OH
Java / Hadoop Developer
- Understanding business needs, analyzing functional specifications and map those to develop and designing MapReduce programs and algorithms.
- Responsible for building scalable distributed data solutions using Hadoop.
- Involved in loading data from RDBMS into HDFS using Sqoop queries.
- Installation of MongoDB on physical machines, Virtual machines as well as SSL, Backup & Recovery, Database optimization and Security maintenance.
- Worked on MongoDB database concepts such as locking, transactions, indexes, sharding, replication and schema design.
- Created multiple databases with sharded collections and choosing shard key based on the requirements.
- Experience in managing MongoDB environment from availability, performance and scalability perspectives.
- Configuring high availability using geographical MongoDB replica sets across multiple data centers.
- Involved with installation and maintenance of MongoDB for high availability.
- Handled Delta processing or incremental updates using hive and processed the data in hive tables.
- Execution of Hadoop ecosystem and Applications through Apache HUE.
- Optimizing HadoopMapReduce code, Hive/Pig scripts for better scalability, reliability and performance.
- Developed the OOZIE workflows for the Application execution.
- Involved in creating Hive Tables, loading with data and writing Hive queries which will invoke and run MapReduce jobs in the backend.
- Writing Pig scripts for data processing.
- Maintained Cassandra clusters and involved in migrating data from Oracle to Cassandra.
- Performed quick searching, sorting and grouping from Datastax Cassandra by analyzing data.
- Performed importing data from various sources to the Cassandra cluster using Java APIs.
- Participated in NoSQL database integration and implementation.
- Involved in Data loading from MySQL to Cassandra using Java API and fixed the discrepancies that occurred during loading.
- Used OpsCenter to manage Cassandra cluster.
- Developed PIG Latin scripts to extract data from source system.
- Developed java Map reduce XML PARSER programs to process XML files using XSD's and XSLT's as per the clients requirement and used to process the data into Hive tables.
- Implemented Hive tables and HQL Queries for the reports. Written and used complex data type in Hive. Storing and retrieved data using HQL in Hive. Developed Hive queries to analyze reducer output data.
- Developed Scripts and automated data management from end to end and sync up between all the clusters.
- Highly involved in designing the next generation data architecture for the unstructured data.
- Extensively used the Hue browser for interacting with Hadoop components.
- Feasibility Analysis (For the deliverables) - Evaluating the feasibility of the requirements against complexity and time lines.
- Documented the systems processes and procedures for future references.
- Actively participated in software development lifecycle (scope, design, implement, deploy, test), including design and code reviews, test development, test automation.
- Involved in story-driven agile development methodology and actively participated in daily scrum meetings.
Environment: Java, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, MongoDB, Cassandra and Oracle 11g, Oozie, Kafka, Linux, Hue, Sqoop, Flume