Lead Software Engineer
- Lead Developer for the Warehouse Optimization team at Confidential 's Direct to Consumer(D2C) business unit.
- Create and modify in house warehousing solutions using Java (EE), Groovy/Grails, Apache Storm, Python, jQuery, Oracle, Tibco EMS, Tibco ActiveSpaces, Gurobi Solver, Git and Linux.
- Drive implementation of high performance real - time microservices using a combination of messaging and RESTful APIs. Allowing Confidential ’s to ship over a million units a day and increase picking productivity by 20%.
- Participate in all sprint events in the Scrum framework, from planning to retrospectives.
- Work with business/end users to improve complex business processes or create new solutions from the ground up to improve worker productivity and warehouse throughput.
- Debug and conduct root cause analysis for issues found in production.
- Lead and mentor a team of developers both local and offshore.
- Help with resource and capacity planning.
- Create and drive technical roadmaps for products and best practices.
- Help to define development standards and technological direction.
- Review and approve of code changes and technological specifications.
- Drive innovation through Hackathons and monthly developer forums.
- Use Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence to track project deliverables and maintain live documentation of technical specifications and systems developed.
- Stay up to date in current best practices and industry standards by maintaining a personal technology radar
- Designed and developed RESTful web services used in Warehouse Optimization
- Designed and developed event driven services to control the state of warehouse waves and picking related activities.
- Integrate optimization models using Gurobi Solver within Confidential 's internal event driven warehouse management system.
- Design and implement solutions to collect and save key metrics within a warehouse to drive business decisions and waving decisions.
- Produce high quality code and conduct peer reviews of code.
- Provide operations support when needed for production systems.
- Create living documentation using Atlassian Confluence.
- Create and maintain build and deploy pipelines in Jenkins.
- Implement complex services to increase picker productivity in Confidential 's retail stores and in Confidential 's direct to consumer warehouses
- Resolve issues that were found in production systems
- Help improve performance of Java applications using profiling and performance optimizations.
- Help rollout warehouse style systems to Confidential 's retail stores to automate repetitive tasks to reduce employee dead walk and wasted time.
- Tools and languages used: Java, Grails/Groovy, Apache Storm, Tibco EMS, Tibco ActiveSpaces, JIRA, Confluence, SVN, Jenkins.
Analyst / Developer
- Developed Groovy/Grails/Java warehousing applications ranging from dashboards to environment management applications.
- Used agile processes including tools such as Confluence, Jira, Fisheye
- Acted as a mentor to Interns for Confidential 's, helped design and develop an environment management tool for use within Confidential 's D2C (Direct to Consumer) division.
- Used SVN for source control
- Interacted with Tibco Activespaces, BusinessWorks and BuisnessEvents
- Used JMS, JBoss and Oracle systems