- 8+ years of experience working in Cloud, DevOps, Systemsand Site Reliability Engineering.
- Expertise in Infrastructure Automation, System Administration and Application Deployment.
- Won “Employee Recognition Award” at Dish Networks due to excellent problem - solving skills.
- Developed Python code using REST APIs and automated the cloud services using Boto3 libraries.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect with proficiency working in EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, EFS, IAM, Lambda, Systems Manager, CloudFormation and CloudWatch.
- Master’s in Computer Science with programming/scripting skills in Python, Java, SQL, Bash/Shell.
- Managed private datacenter infrastructure with the help of VMware vSphere and vCenter Server.
- Experience in various stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile methodologies.
- Azure Certified Developer Associate with extensive knowledge of VMs, Resource Groups, VNet, Blob, SQL DB, CosmosDB, Azure AD, Disk, Monitor and Key Vault.
- Proficiency working on DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- Monitored large-scale infrastructure applications using ELK, SolarWinds, Nagios, Zenoss and Zabbix.
- Responsible for troubleshooting Linux issuesin Development, Test and Production environments.
Programming: C, C++, Java, SQL
Web: JSON, YAML, XML, HTML
DevOps: Git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
Scripting: Python, Perl, Shell, Bash
Databases: MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle
Tools: Jira, ELK, Nagios, Wireshark
Senior Cloud Systems Engineer
- Design, architect and deployment of Linux and Windows servers onAWS and Azure cloud environments.
- Reduced the infrastructure cost by 30% for our customers by implementing Scheduler based services.
- Automated the backup of EBS volumes/snapshots using Lambda, CloudWatch and IAM with the help of Boto3 library, an AWS SDK in Python, saving 10 hours/week of manual work.
- Buildand install Confidential 2019 and 2020 environments for customers using Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
- Architecting backend cloud solutions using EC2, EFS, RDS, S3, IAM, SSM, Autoscaling and Active Directory.
- Deployed and configured Azure applications using Virtual Machines, Resource Groups, VNet, Blob, SQL Database, Backups, CosmosDB, Disk, Monitor and Key Vault.
- Troubleshooting high priority customer issues related to AWS and Azure during US- HQ hours.
- Configured network connections using AWS VPC, Security Groups and NACL (Inbound/Outbound).
- Backup and restore existing environments and perform latest 2020 upgrades of Confidential applications.
- SME for Kafka, Zookeeper, Platform Analytics and Enterprise Manager for North America region customers.
- Developed performance improvement and monitoring solutions for CPU, Memory and Disk space utilization of critical Production servers running on public and private cloud.
- Participated in 24x7 on-call rotation to ensure servicesand applications are up and running all the time.
- Resolvedvarious cloud cases using Salesforce ticketing and Rally systems to improve customer satisfaction.
- Worked on DevOps Project for configuration of Intelligence Server using Python to improve the execution.
- Mentoring teammates and interns for complex technical issues related to Python, Linux, AWS and Azure.
- Responsible for deployment of new Confidential software releasesand migrations from old to new versions.
- Managed internal software development projects using JIRA in Agile environment and Git for version control.
Tools: AWS, Azure, Python (Boto3), Linux, CI/CD, Jenkins, Shell/Bash, Terraform
- Developed Python application that uses REST APIs for remote management of Cradlepoint Devices(SaaS) to gather information such as Device ID, IP Address, Uptime, Bandwidth, etc.
- Installed and configured scalable Jenkins (Master and Slave) on top of a Kubernetes cluster.
- Worked on VMware vSphere and vCenter Server 6.7 to manage company’s datacenter infrastructure.
- Automated MVDDS project that check the status of set-top boxes and notifies on monitoring tools.
- Designed ProStream application in Python for controlling thebitrates in real-time video stream processing.
- Won “Employee Recognition Award”for saving thousands of dollars in ProStream and MVDDS project.
- Configured ESXi hosts on vCenter Server and managed Active Directory users by assigning permissions.
- Assisted DevOps team to automate infrastructure using Jenkins for CI/CD and Git for source code management.
- Written multi-threaded and multi-processed programs in an Agile Scrum environment for NB-IoT project.
- Developed a python script for Automation of Isilon servers that detects if nodes are down and notifies users.
- Created vSphere HA (High Availability) and DRS (Distributed Resource Scheduler) Cluster for load balancing.
- Worked onopen-source tools such as Dockerto containerize applications such as TomcatorWebapp.
- MonitoredIoT applications using New Relic and ELK dashboards with the help of Jira ticketing system.
- Automated and scaled internal web applications using Kubernetes for container orchestration.
Tools: Python, REST API, Shell/Bash, VMware, Linux, Gitlab, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes