- More than 7 years of experience in software development using Java and over 5 years of experience in Android and 2 years using Kotlin application development.
- Proficiency in design patterns, data structures and debugging.
- Expertise in developing apps using SQLite, MySQL, Java, RESTful web services, and JSON
- Proficient in Android application framework: Activities, Intents, Services, Fragments, Broadcast Receiver and Content Provider.
- Extensively worked on content providers, multiple screen support, multimedia, accounts and sync on Android
- Good exposure in developing GUI using Interface design principles for Android mobile and tablet devices.
- Excellent in Layouts and Multi Screen to support all devices
- Proficient with Android Framework API's (Email, Web View, contact manager, Camera, Notifications, Maps).
- Strong expertise in creating responsive UI for various screen resolutions.
- Experience in using Storage options in Android like Shared Preferences, SQLite.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Architecture, Design and Programming from design to implementation.
- Experienced in SQL and database query optimization techniques.
- Experience in architecture design, development and implementation of software applications and testing.
- Involved in full life cycle of Android Application Development, which includes testing on devices and emulator.
- Experience in web service protocols such as JSON, HTTP, and XML
- Experience with Git/GitHub and managing code on multiple branches.
- Experience in mobile application development framework
- Always curious to learn a new skill or a new technology.
- Developed user interfaces with rich features.
- Good understanding of all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ) including requirements, specifications, design, construction, testing, and maintenance.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, attention to detail & the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good programming skills and hands on experience in developing Android enterprise applications for mobiles and tablets using IDE's like Android Studio, Android SDK and development tools in JAVA environment
- Able to take initiative, work independently and also as a team player.
- Experience with Android Studio and to develop application using MVVM pattern.
- Good understanding of Android UI Guidelines and can develop apps that can support multiple screen sizes and Database development.
- Worked in a Scrum based Agile Methodology with two - week iterations delivering new features and working software.
Android SDK: versions, Web Services, Intents, Activity, Notifications, Dialogs, Menus, Location based Services, Maps, Broadcast receivers & Services, Audio and Video, Localization/multi lingual support, Fragments, Image Caching, Mobile ads
Programming language: Java, Kotlin, SQL, XML, HTML
Database: SQL server, MySQL, SQLite,
IDE/Tools: Android Studio, JUnit, GitHub, JIRA,
Operating systems: Windows, Android 10
Senior Android Developer
- Designed and developed the app screens according to client requirement.
- Implemented Push notifications to notify user for latest deals.
- Worked with SQLite3 for managing the data.
- Write the business logic by using core java and junit test cases.
- Used Collections to handle objects.
- Developed JDBC connection to connect oracle database.
- Implemented custom Exception handling.
- Used AsyncTask to connect the server and parsing data using Json parsers.
- Used Notifications to show if there is any change in the application.
- Developed, debugged, coded and deployed the application using Eclipse IDE.
- Used JSON parsing for data extraction and to implement Content providers.
- Worked with Google Map and Location base API to show the mall location.
- Used Widgets to show the application on home screen.
- In-House application that lets consultants track their information. All relevant information on prior and current projects. Even upcoming projects.
- Converted mock design from Zeplin into android xml layouts
- Integrated Apis on swagger docs using Retrofit
- Worked on caching non sensitive user data using Room
- Worked in MVVM architecture
- Worked on using LiveData observables to send data to View from ViewModel
- Implementation of different user interface components such as WebView, Image View, Text View and List View to display the data for the application.
- Develop, modify, and implement Mobile applications according to business requirements using Android Studio IDE.
- Used Android SDK to develop new features involving Fragments, Layouts and other UI components.
- Implemented complex layouts from wireframes using Relative Layout, Constraint Layout, Grid Layout and other layouts provided by Android SDK.
- Created the content provider logic to load the information with an Observer Pattern in the UI thread using Loaders in Android.
- Utilized Android Studio as the IDE in development.
- Tested the mobile app in various Android emulators to support multiple Android devices.
- Worked on large complex existing codebase in latest Android SDK, Android Studio and APIs using MVVM, and dependency injection design concepts.
- Worked on Android Wear version of the app to display records, track and display push notifications and reminders.
- Loading images within App using Picasso.
- Writing new classes in kotlin and migrating some classes form java to kotlin.
- Creating custom views, used recycle view, used card view.
- Helped to fixed bugs and created new features.
- Adding the new features to UI, using navigation component of android.
Environment: Android, Android SDK, Android Studio, Android Binding, Android Framework, MVVM
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Delivered Functional Requirements document after detailed Requirements gathering sessions with Business.
- Assisted in designing the User Interface (UI/UX) and overall look and feel of the app.
- Developed the app to adapt to different orientations and various resolutions (LDPI/MDPI/HDPI) based on the device.
- Used Android content providers for implementing features like integrating the customer details into the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Used Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Regularly followed up with Development Team to discuss discrepancies identified during testing and performance tuning.
- Implemented apps with Google new SDK implementation, new features in Android SDK.
- Worked with Android API’s for a few tasks including simple activity transitions and Recycler Views.
- Worked with Activities, Fragments, Android Binding, Android Framework, broadcast Receiver and Adapters.
- Utilized Kotlin for higher order functions and delegate design pattern.
- Worked with the Android SDK.
- Implemented the Kotlin with Android studio for smooth functioning of the location-based services GPS on Android
- Used logcat, DDMS (Dalvik Debug Monitor Server) and trace view for debugging and detecting memory leaks.
- Implemented unique design for portrait and landscape mode.
- Handling XML data using efficient parsing techniques such as DOM parser.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them
- Work closely with the web application development team to ensure proper integration between mobile application and web application.
- Implemented native libraries in application by using Android NDK.
- Used GIT for project management and version control.
- Worked on Android lock pattern, sure-swipe, Touch-ID for user authentication for user preference and core java programming.
- Used JSON to fetch data from the server using RESTful web services.
- Modify existing databases, applications, and interface API’s for efficiency and speed.
- Working on Agile methodology, with active participation in daily stand ups and providing the progress of the respective sprint
- Implemented list views for displaying new releases.
- Provided subsequent releases which included feature changes, enhancements and bug fixes.
Confidential, San Francisco, California
- Assembled the necessities, broke down the venture highlights, planned the application design and database, and executed server back end.
- Developed the User Interface layers for Activities and implemented Fragments within User Interface.
- Integrated location-based services using Google Maps API to display locations of the nearest stores.
- Used Implicit Intent Functions to enable access for the application to use media, and other pre-built applications.
- Used shared preferences to store and retrieve persistent key value pairs across user sessions.
- Inserted suitable code to capture the various Button and Text field events and implemented the desired action for each of the applications.
- Designed various User Interface layouts using custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes and Widgets.
- Followed agile technologies in front-end development life cycle of application.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON and Android SDK.
- Used custom Views and Adapters in various scenarios during project.
- Registered the Broadcast Receivers for the android system announcements.
- Worked with Notification Service to notify the user and automatically log out for security purpose and update the apps version.
- Understood business requirements and translated them into technical requirements.
- Implemented all text and image related operations.
- Various commitments to bug settling and execution/solidness upgrades over the application for generation availability.
- Implemented JSON web service calls for server interaction.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Worked and finished two application versions for Reliant (Version 4 and 5).
- Google maps API were used to display nearby Reliant locations.
- GitLab and Bitbucket were used as version control systems.
- Worked on MVC patterns.
- Async Task , Retrofit , okHttp were used for making web service calls (POST and GET) and parsing of data using the JSON, XML parsers.
- Fragments and interfaces were used for small re-usable pieces that are easier to manage and allow for a more fluid visual design.
- Used Recycler Views for displaying lists.
- Implemented Shinobi Charts to display the electricity consumption of each customer.
- Used Junit and Mockito for testing the application.
- Used Parcelable implementation for serializing java objects.
- Followed Agile methodology with 2-week sprint cycle and used Rally (Agile management tool) for that.
Environment: Android SDK 6.0 (Marshmallow) and Android SDK 5.0 (Lollipop), Android Studio, Logcat, SQLite, Retrofit, JSON, MVC, Data synchronization, Windows.