- Skilled DevOps Engineer with 6+ years of experience in Infrastructure Development (AWS & Azure) including Linux & System Administration, Build & release management, and Software configuration management.
- Extensively worked with AWS services, such as EC2, IAM, Lambda, VPC, Router 53, Dynamo. RDS, S3, EBS, Security Groups, ELB, Cloud Watch, Code Deploy, RDS, Cloud Formation, RMR and Glacier.
- Experience in setting up AWS CLI to control AWS services through python Boto3.
- Experience in configuring Elastic Load Balancer and Auto Scaling Groups on AWS instances to optimize the cost, availability, and performance.
- Experience in AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS Lambda for serverless deployments and running lambda functions to automate the tasks.
- Experience in installing, configuring, and maintaining application servers such as Apache Tomcat, Nginx, and WordPress.
- Heavily worked on containerization platform using Docker, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes to deploy and manage micro services.
- Experience in Designing and implementing CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, maven, GitHub, SonarQube and Nexus to automate the build and deployment process.
- Experienced in Java J2EE technologies using Core Java, Maven, JDBC, Threads, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Servlets, UI design and jQuery.
- Experience in setting up and configuring application and infrastructure monitoring tools such as Nagios, Datadog, Cloud watch, Splunk and ELK Stack
- Extensively used various databases like MySQL, ORACLE, Amazon DynamoDB, and MSSQL.
- Experience in configuring testing environment such as SonarQube, Junit and Selenium.
- Proficient on writing scripting language such as PowerShell, Bash, Python to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance.
- Used Bug tracking tools like JIRA and Remedy. Also, worked under Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall methodologies.
Programming/Scripting: Java, Python, Bash (Unix Shell)
Cloud Services: AWS (IAM, Route 53, VPC, EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Lambda, SNS) Azure (VM’s, blob storage, ARM templates, Active Directory)
Containerization: Docker, Docker Swarm, and Kubernetes
Automation and Build Tools: Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, SonarQube, Selenium, Nexus and Terraform.
Operating System: Windows, Linux, Amazon Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, and Mac
Tools: JIRA, Rally, Slack, MS 365
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, DynamoDB, MSSQL
SCM Tools: Git, GitHub, Bitbucket
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch, ELK, Splunk and Data Dog
Confidential, Bothell, WA
- Build and managed a large deployment of RedHat Linux instances on AWS cloud using AWS services like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Security Groups and IAM .
- Wrote Cloud Formation Templates for creating and updating security groups and used terraform as a backend and stored tf states in an S3 bucket .
- Created IAM policies, roles and S3 buckets to support applications built on the AWS platform in AWS accounts serving NPI/PCI data and CAT3 accounts as well.
- Configured Backups and Disaster Recovery Plan using Route 53 polices by routing the traffic from primary region to secondary region during any failure in primary region.
- Utilized AWS Lambda to trigger the functions to encrypt S3 objects and SNS for push notifications.
- Implemented ECS based approach comprising of Load Balancers, EC2s and Docker containers on the instances to create a lightweight API which can be scaled as per demand in form of Docker containers and reduced cost compared to that of spinning up new instances.
- Used nexus Artifactory as an artifact store and pushed docker images of the APIs to a dockyard hosted on Artifactory.
- Dockized Java Spring Boot APIs built using maven via an Entry point Script.
- Worked on setting up new tools such as Kubernetes with Docker to assist with auto - scaling, continuous integration, rolling updates with no downtime.
- Initiated Microservices application through Docker and Kubernetes cluster formation for scalability of the application, and creation of Docker images, upload/download in and out from the Docker Hub. Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Created and Configured Jenkins free style and pipeline jobs integration with diff tools and environments such as GitHub, maven, SonarQube, nexus.
- Implemented a master-slave architecture and Nodes on Jenkins to optimize the performance of Jenkins by allowing parallel builds.
- Created build script using Maven to automate build and deployment process. Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issued related to build and deploy process.
- Configured Nagios for monitoring resources and network such as uptime, system load, disk usages, network traffic.
- Developed scripts using Shell and python for system operations and automating the jobs.
- Worked under Agile-Scrum with 2-week sprint schedule .
Environments: AWS (EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, S3, Route 53, Glacier, Cloud Watch, Lambda, SNS, Auto Scaling, ELB, RDS), GIT, SQL. AWS CLI, Unix/Linux, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Agile-Scrum Shell, Python
AWS Cloud Engineer
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Lunched Amazon EC2 cloud instances using Amazon Images (Ubuntu) and actively manage, improve, and monitor lunched instances on AWS, including backups, patches, and scaling.
- Utilized IAM to assign roles, to create and manage users, groups, and permission to use AWS resources and managed security using Security Groups, and IAM .
- Configured databases in AWS using MySQL, OracleDB and DynamoD B. Used Amazon S3 bucket to configure database instance backups to S3 bucket. ( Multi AZ, Replication and backups)
- Amazon Kinesis for app deployment and Utilized Dynamo DB using Lambda for value storage and stream backup
- Used Ansible Playbook to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environment using Ansible Playbooks.
- Wrote Docker files to create custom Images, push/pull in and out from Docker Hub. Also use Docker to managing networks, setup automatic builds as well as mounting volumes in AWS EC2 instances.
- Responsible for creating CloudWatch alarms to perform Auto Recovery and Auto Reboot on EC2 instance that are failing system status check.
- Installed and Administered the monitoring tools such as Nagios and ELK Stack.
- Configure build-pipeline-plugin, maven, SVN in Jenkins to automate and continuous build process and setup Cronjobs build fail email notification.
- Installed, configured, and managed Jenkins on EC2 instance with adding plugins like GIT, SonarQube, Ansible, deploy to container, Build Pipeline etc.
- Developed ANT and SHELL (bash) scripts to automate build and Deployment.
Environments: AWS (EC2, IAM, Security Groups, DynamoDB, S3), Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, SVN, GIT, Ansible, SonarQube, ANT, SHELL, Nagios, ELK Stack.
Confidential, Pasadena CA
- Designed and implemented EC2 cloud instances using Amazon Images ( Ubuntu 14 ) and responsible for maintaining the lunched instance for the company projects.
- Used Amazon Route 53 to manage DNS zones globally and to give public DNS names to ELB ’s and CloudFront for Content Delivery.
- Created VPC pairing between multiple VPC into various accounts. Configure Inbound/Outbound rules.
- Developed SQL queries, joins with JDBC API, Hibernate Object-relation mapping to access data.
- Implemented docker-maven-plugin in maven pom to build docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the docker images from the java jar files.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins for continuous build process.
- Utilize AWS CloudWatch to monitor the performance of the instances.
- Developed Shell/Unix scripts to automate the process and allowing for building packages more efficiently.
Environment: AWS (EC2, Route 53, ELB, CloudFront, VPC pairing, CloudWatch), Docker, Ansible, ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins
Confidential, Fremont CA
- Worked on online Banking portal and API to automate the online banking process
- Worked in designed and development of web interface using JSP, Servlets, JS, and JDBC for administering and managing users and clients.
- Designed and developed multi-threaded chat server based on J2EE architecture .
- Designed and implemented web services using Spring Boot and REST .
- Worked on ER modeling of the back-end tables and used JDBC for connecting to database.
- Used Toad to build complex multi table joins, sub queries using SQL.
- Implemented the MVC pattern with Struts framework
- Managed the code versioning and releases versioning through SVN, GIT .
Environment: J2EE, Eclipse, Spring Boot, Rest, Toad, Strut framework, JSP, Servlets, JS, SVN, GIT, JDBC