- Senior Android Developer with 6 years of IT experience in analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of mobile applications in Android.
- Extensive experience in design, development, testing and deployment of Android Applications. Have supported deployment of several Android applications to Google Play Store.
- Extensively worked with Android SDK, Android Studio, And Eclipse IDE along with Android ADT plug in. Have experience working on Android 5.0 all the way up to Android 9.0.
- Experience in developing applications using activities, fragments, services, content providers, broadcast receivers, AIDL, Action Bar Navigation, Menu designs and view controls, and intents.
- Experience in using different Storage options in Android including Shared Preferences, External Storage.
- Experience in designing UI layouts using Linear Layout, Relative Layout, Frame Layout, Table Layout and using Android Widgets and custom Widgets
- Developed applications with Push Notifications integrating GCM and Urban Airship.
- Experience in Integrating the Google Maps API into the Android Application to launch the Google maps from the app and give the directions from Current location to the destination address.
- Created mobile app components using React Native.
- Experience in building Multimedia Based applications to play local audio, video files and streaming Audio & Video content from remote media servers.
- Experience in Android Animations and Graphics to design and build intuitive Android applications with appealing user interface.
- Mobile app developed using React Native to support both Android and iOS platform.
- Created Node JS for as a client app to serve build Adaptive/Responsive page pages.
- Proficient with common Android framework APIs (Location, Camera, Notifications, Maps).
- Experience in localizing the application to support multiple languages in different countries.
- Experienced in integrating payments in apps such as PayPal, Authorized.net.
- Experience in connecting Android apps with Twitter and Facebook.
- Strong understanding of web services design and experience in XML, JSON format and using them for Android applications.
- Knowledge of Kotlin, Junit Testing and Mockito.
- Experience with HTTP GET and POST Requests and parsing different types of responses.
- Experience working with different operating systems like Windows and Mac.
- Experience with source code control management like GIT, subversion (SVN), Tortoise SVN.
- Worked with REST CLIENT, a tool used to debug & execute GET & POST API calls & Responses.
- Experience with multiple life cycle methodologies and design methods including AGILE, SCRUM, Test Driven Development and Waterfall Model.
- Experienced in different phases of software development life cycle like designing, programming, testing and meeting the requirements of the clients.
- Strong communication skills to communicate directly with client and customers to explain and gather the requirements.
Android OS: Android 2.2 to Android 8.0 (Froyo, Gingerbread, Honey Comb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jellybean, Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo).
Languages: C/C++, Java, Swift (iOS), Kotlin
Frameworks: Struts, Spring, Servlets, JSP, Hibernate, JDBC
IDE: Android Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans, XCode
Version Control Tools: GitHub, GitLab, SVN, CVS, Sourcetree, Bitbucket
Databases: SQLite, MySQL, Oracle
Testing Tools & Frameworks: Junit, Espresso, UI Automator, Robotium, Appium
Bug Tracker Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla
Operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, & Android variants
Confidential, Washington DC
- Involved in developing the various UI screens for the app using recycler - views, adapters, custom item views, bottom navigation bar, preference screen etc
- Used MVVM design pattern to provide clean android architecture & ease of maintainability
- Used retrofit for retrieving data from network calls and displayed them in layouts using Live data & recycler-view adapter
- Worked on expandable recycler-views to narrow down user searches and provide smooth user experience
- Worked on notifications to provide updates on upcoming deals and user favorite deals
- Used bottom sheets in multiple activities and fragments to provide filtering options for various deals
- Implemented share-action-provider feature to share deals with other peoples
- Used Google maps API to capture current location for getting local deals
- Worked on the data storage options using shared preferences and SQLite database to store user favorites and deals
- Implemented unique UI design for portrait and landscape mode and for small screen and large screen mobile devices
- Used glide library to load images into views
- Used chips to show most popular searches
- Worked on different style and themes of application
- Tested and debugged the application on android devices
Environment: Kotlin, Java, Android Studio, JSON, Retrofit, Dagger
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Updated layouts using new and existing wireframes.
- Worked in an Agile based environment.
- Utilized Kotlin for higher order functions and delegate design pattern.
- Collaborated with web services team to implement the backend support.
- Created test cases and test data for testing the application using Junit Extensions.
- Used array adapters for different kind of layouts.
- Created a pop-up notification for alerting employees about their paycheck.
- Used Apache Subversion (SVN) for version control.
- Designed UI as well as custom bindable views/templates using the Xamarin Forms.
- Used multi-threading to implement parallel processing.
- Used Frame Layout method to show background images of the app.
- Consumed web services and Implemented Http Communication using JSON Data.
- Used build tools such as Gradle, Ant and Maven
- Used Agile PM Methodologies to develop solutions and fixed bugs.
- Porting the entire software to use shared libraries on the Tandem OSS and Linux which involved modification of make files as well as changes to C/C++ code.
- Used Crashlytics for getting reports of crashes from users.
Environment: Android SDK, Kotlin, Eclipse ADT, Linux, Restful Webservices, React, JSON, Subversion.
- Design and create a new flow and screens for managing the Lock Configurations
- Create More screen by listing Options like Users, Audits, Schedules, Firmware update, Settings etc., for managing the Locks/devices
- Implement Sync for updating the Doorfile settings to the Locks
- Implement new screens for Locks Schedules and Holiday events
- Implement Users access info for the Locks
- Design and implement Update Firmware for updating the Firmware for the Locks
- Implement recording of the Locks diagnostics
- Re-Designed and implemented a generic mechanism for Reading the Lock/Device settings for all Device types. Advantage of which is easier maintenance and easy extensible for adding any new device/lock
- Design and Implement modules based on MVC Design Pattern
- Worked on improving the Performance of loading the Devices from the Cloud. Used pagination for listing devices for better user experience
- Use Android Material Design guidelines for designing the screens
- Added Floating Action Button (FAB) across the App
- Worked on Card View and Recycler View Adapters
- Worked on Android View Pagers and Snack bars
- Refactored Code for the WIFI-module, Device Commissioning, Connecting, usage of calls and database.
- Worked on using Butter knife Library for tagging the resource id with their names
- Incorporated the Application Insights for tracking run-times exceptions
- Followed Agile Methodology in analyze, define and documented the application which will support functional requirements.
- Develop Screens to support the App on devices with multiple form Factors
- Handled the Transition of Screen for various functionalities across the App like customizing new locks, permission settings, time scheduling and notification settings.
- Writing Unit Tests for the features that are being developed, reviewing code and bug fixing.
Environment: Android Studio, Android SDK, Android API’s, Material Design, XML, JSON, ADB, Log Cat, Mac OS.
- Tested the app across different versions of Android and different android ones to assure quality and performance.
- Designing and developing user interfaces using Android XML.
- Developed business logic of the application.
- Implemented location-based API using Location Manager.
- Discussed the requirements with the client and documented the requirements.
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and different form of widgets.
- Used AsyncTask, Handler, Threads, Service, and IntentService to implement multi-threaded applications.
- Involved in developer testing by porting the app on multiple devices with various screen sizes.
- Involved in debugging and resolving the bugs.
Environment: Java, Android SDK, SVN, SQLite, RESTful, XML, JSon Parsing, Google Maps.