- A dynamic and highly motivated Quality Engineer with 10+ years of IT experience across multiple domain such as Finance, HealthCare & Banking (BFS).
- Over 9 years of experience as Quality Engineer (SDET), extensively worked on Manual, Automation, REST API, Database/Back - End, ETL, Mainframe testing projects.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle.
- Rich work exposure in software development as team member, team lead and onshore/offshore coordinator.
- Proven ability to work with end-customer, business associates, product owners, business/system analyst to gather the business and functional requirements.
- Possess comprehensive understanding of CRM (Microsoft Dynamics D365) business processes in Sale and Services like Account, Assets, Cases, Company, Contact, Lead, Opportunity.
- Well versed with Waterfall as well as in Agile Methodologies & participate different agile ceremonies - PI planning, grooming, daily scrum, retrospective etc.
- Excellent background in designing and creating automation frameworks using Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse IDE, Maven, Cucumber-BDD, JUnit/TestNG, Github and Jenkins.
- Experience in Java and C# development by applying different concepts OOPS concepts, Collections, Exception handling, Page Object (POM), Page Factory etc.
- Experience in Azure DevOps configuration, manage source code and integration of test scripts in CI/CD pipelines like Jenkins.
- Excellent knowledge on identifying Web Elements via XPath, CSS Selector, iFrame elements using Element Locator, Web Driver methods.
- Experience in REST API / RESTFULL web service testing using Rest Assured framework Java.
- Validated Request and Response in XML/JSON, SOAP Calls using tools like Postman, SoapUI.
- Extensive experience in writing complex SQL Queries to extract data, join data to perform various testing in RDBMS such as Oracle, DB2, and MS SQL Server for data integrity.
- Automated Database/ETL Testing using FitNesse (DBFit) to create various wiki pages to perform end-to-end data validation in databases like DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL.
- Hands on experience in Mainframe Development using JCL, COBOL, VSAM, Easytrieve, CICS.
- Good knowledge on developing excel macros in Visual Basics and enhance excel reporting capabilities.
- Experience includes mobile apps testing on different Mobile Application Platforms like iOS and Android and on Mobile device testing.
- Worked as Data Analyst in healthcare Test Data Remediation program to identify sensitive (PHI/PII) data, data flow, relationship and remediate/mask as per HIPAA standard.
- Created data masking routines in IBM Optim, execute runbooks/playbooks and performed Verification & Validation of masked data.
- Proficient in Test Planning, author Project Test Strategy, Test Environment Setup, design & develop Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Data Setup and Test Scripts.
- Performed different types of Testing: White Box (Unit Testing, Integration testing), Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Security Testing, Performance Testing, Regression Testing.
- Expert in various defect-reporting and defect-tracking tools like HP QC(Quality Center), HP ALM, Rally, JIRA.
- Strong documentation skills by utilizing tools and portal such as atlassian confluence, SharePoint, Tableau.
- Good analytical and communication skills and able to work independently as well as in team under tight deadline, volatile environment.
- Opened mind set to learn new skills and accept challenge to achieve the goals.
Methodology: Agile, Waterfall, SDLC, STLC
BDD Framework: Cucumber, SpecFlow
CI/CD tool: Jenkins, Azure DevOps
Test Management Tools: HP ALM, HP Quality Center, CA - Agile Central (Rally), JIRA
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MYSQL
Platform: Windows Server, Windows XP/7+, Android, iOS, Unix
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, SpecFlow, NUnit, JUnit, TestNG, IntelliCode, Eclipse IDE, Apache Maven, Azure DevOps, FitNesse, DBFit, Postman, SoapUI, Microsoft Visual Studio, Git, Github, Toad, SQL Developer, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, WinSCP, CA Workstation, Gitlab, IBM Optim, CA7, NDM, FM, FILA, ESP Scheduler, Informatica PowerCenter.
Product Test Engineer / SDET
- Collaboration with Business and project stakeholders to understand the project requirements and draw the line for deliverables.
- Author test strategy, test plan and write test cases/test scenarios in Gherkins language.
- Configuration of Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Microsoft Visual Studio, SpecFlow, NUnit, NuGet Packages.
- Write complex & reusable XPATH for test optimization, parameterization.
- Update & maintain Microsoft Azure DevOps repository with latest source code, build new branches, perform clone, merge, pull request, configure CI/CD pipelines.
- Execute and maintain existing automation scripts, perform defect analysis & triage.
- Report test results to the product owner and project management with the help of reporting tools such as JIRA, Tableau and Confluence etc.
- Execute Gold Regression suites to make sure existing application functionalities are not getting changed after each delivery in production.
- Performing data analysis in different databases such as Oracle, SQL Server.
- Write complex SQL query by joining numerous tables for database/backend testing.
- Create test data for various testing - functional as well as end-to-end integration testing.
- Coordinate with scrum team to understand the different core functionalities of the application and design testing strategy.
- Test mobile apps on different Mobile Application Platforms like iOS and Android and on Mobile device testing.
- Participate different agile ceremonies such as PI planning, grooming, retrospective & daily scrum.
- Provide a technical expertise to higher management data center consolidations and migration.
- Assess cost effective solutions pertaining to data migration and backup technology implementation.
- Responsible for performing adhoc tests at various remote sites to ensure high-availability and compliance, review system & application logs and monitor nightly jobs.
Environment: Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft .Net Framework, SpecFlow, ExtentReports, Selenium WebDriver, JIRA, Microsoft Azure DevOps, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Toad, SQL Developer, Altassian Confluence, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, WebEx Teams, Windows 10.
Quality Engineer (Lead)/SDET
- Build effective relationships with the project’s business lead, SMEs, Architects ensuring a collaborative environment is established.
- Support and lead analysis, design and preparation of application/system specifications for information systems solutions which address business needs and methods for testing.
- Document the project’s Test Strategy, as warranted, during the project’s planning phase or Sprint 0 and leads design and implementation of a detailed systems test plan to ensure an accurate and effective product.
- Perform risk assessment methods to identify risk, probability, impact, and mitigate approaches.
- Design functional test scenarios, test cases in Gherkin Language.
- Create and automate RESTful web service testing using Rest Assured framework Java.
- Configuration of TestRunner by Enabling CucumberOptions.
- Write reusable XPATH with applying ancestor, siblings concept and parameterization.
- Execute end-to-end test suites using JUnit/TestNG and generate the test report.
- Build CICD Pipeline (Continuous Integration & Continuous Development) in DevOps (Jenkins).
- Write complex SQL queries for database/backend testing utilizing Toad for Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Configure DBFit (FitNesse) automation framework for Database Testing/ETL Testing.
- Create, Executes Mainframe JCL & programs (COBOL, Easytrieve) for mainframe testing, process data in different application and DB2 Databases.
- Execute & maintain regression suites to make sure functionalities are intake.
- Performed Backend REST API/ RESTful Web Services Testing to validate the JSON response in Postman.
- Work with admin/DevOps team to design the virtual computer system CPC(Cigna Private Could) as Jenkins slave, configure CI/CD Pipeline.
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as PI Planning, story grooming sessions, retrospective sessions and DEMO, daily scrum calls.
- Attend the Test Assignment Call for all Production deployment, Support Fixes.
- Own defect analysis & triage events, socialize business requirement with fellow team members.
- Lead integration testing team, coordinate with offshore team, review team works.
- Provide UAT Support and involve the Go-No-Go meetings, project deployment checkpoint meetings.
- Work in data creation and processing system like CPF/Provider Workbench, eLoad, Provider Management (McKesson), PRDS (Provider Read-Only Database).
- Coordinate with claim systems such as Proclaim, Facets, Power MHS to process claim received through paper & electronic transactions like EDI files like 834, 835, 837 etc from Gateway.
- Coordinate with dedicate data team to create production like data to support higher environment testing such as Integration, Release, BAT/UAT and PVS.
- Work with leadership team to estimate budget for any adhoc requirement, manage clarity work-items.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Apache Maven, Eclipse IDE, Jenkins, Gitlab, JUnit/TestNG, DBFit(FitNesse), Mainframe, Postman, Rally, ALM, Tableau, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Toad, SQL Developer, Confluence, SharePoint, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Windows 10.
Quality Engineer (Lead)
- Work with direct clients, testing application (ASG) team to gather the application information, testing requirements and understand the database structure.
- Execute & Maintain UI automation scripts in Selenium WebDriver & Java based test framework.
- Validate REST API/Web Services request and response XML/JSON, SOAP Calls and WSDL (Web Services Description Language) using SoapUI tool.
- Involve in transfer files in gateways by executing UNIX commands to make sure data routines are aligned.
- Execute ETL flows in Informatica PowerCenter and validate the data flow, logs.
- Develop SQL queries to extract data from multiple table/RDBMS database and join to check data integrity for testing.
- Analyze various databases like Oracle, DB2, and SQL Server for sensitive (PHI/PII) Data and find the data flow, relationship between tables.
- Develop of IBM Optim objects for purging and masking of production data in lower level environments.
- Work with DBA for appropriate access to check the database connectivity, perform drop, alter and create actions.
- Execute masking routines; perform validation & verification.
- Create Mainframe jobs & programs (JCL, Cobol, VSAM, Easytrieve) to perform systems testing, process data between applications, claims, gateways.
- Coordinate with business partners, upstream or downstream teams, data center & data warehouse applications and offshore teams.
- Document Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scenarios by covering all possible aspects of software testing.
- Responsible for test management, defect management in ALM/Rally and defect triage.
- Lead offshore team, review deliverables and provide functional as well as technical guidance.
Environment: Mainframe(JCL, COBOL, DB2, VSAM, NDM), PL/SQL, Visual Basics, Selenium WebDriver, Java, Informatica PowerCenter, SoapUI, Putty, Rally, ALM, Tableau, SharePoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Windows 7, z/OS.