- Regardful Senior SDET with 5+ years of experience providing impressive and high quality Automation software testing with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Maintains highest possible level of analyzing for all tested products. Ingenious at defining faults in clear, concise terms to aid in remediation. Provides inestimable intelligence on software weaknesses.
- Professional experience and expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Functional testing, Database testing, API, Webservices applications.
- Solid understanding, practical experience and deep knowledge of different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile - Scrum by analyzing requirement specifications and very well informed Waterfall methodology.
- Experience in preparing Test plans, Test scenarios, Test cases and Test summary reports for both automated and manual testing based on User Stories, User requirements, System requirements.
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks (DDT, BDD or Hybrid frameworks) from scratch based on Page Object Model.
- Used Maven Surefire to run parallel testing by creating groups and categorizing test cases .
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read data from external sources to feed locators into the test script.
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services EC2 for operations in cloud.
- Well informed in Database/Back-End testing using SQL Queries for data design, data validation and data integrity testing by using JDBC as well as using REST API with REST Assured Library and Postman for Web Service Testing.
- Hands-on Experience working in CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins.
- Experienced using Jira for project management and bug tracking tool.
- Passion for automation and testing for development. Ability to adapt to a new environment quickly, good interpersonal, multitasking, problem solving and communication skills and a good team player in a distributed team environment.
Programming Languages: Java, HTML, SQL, Gherkin
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC
Frameworks: Cucumber BDD, DDT, Hybrid Framework
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins, JDBC, API Web, AWS Cloud Services
Test Management Tools: Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, REST Assured, JDBC, Cucumber, Selenium Grid, Selenium IDE, Appium, Docker
IDE’s: IntelliJ, Eclipse, SQL Developer, Postman, Visual Studio
Browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer (IE)
Version Control System: Git,GitHub
CI/CD Tool: Jenkins
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL
Confidential - New York, NY
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Analyze the Business Requirements and closely work with the Business Team to get the clarifications addressed.
- Performed both Manual Testing and Automation Testing in Web-based application.
- Expertise in Test Plan Creation, Test Case Design, Test Case Execution, Testing Tools Usage, Defect Management, Prepare Test Reports and developed Test Scripts to implement Test Scenarios, Behavioral Features and Step Definitions for BDD (Behavior-Driven Development) using Cucumber with Gherkin.
- Performed Regression, Smoke, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Created Automation Test Scripts using BDD and DDT, Page Factory model and Singleton design pattern to test the web applications using Selenium WebDriver along with Java and Maven.
- Conducted Functional Testing, Regression Testing using Selenium Automation Framework such as Hybrid Framework (Behavior and Data Driven) on IntelliJ IDE using core Java, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, Cucumber, Maven, Git, Page Object Model and Jenkins Tool for Continuous Integration.
- Experience with JDBC APIs and performed Back-End testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with Front-End values.
- Utilized RESTful API by using REST Assured libraries and JUnit along with BDD Cucumber scenarios to automate the tests also used Postman and Swagger for manual testing.
- Utilized Maven pom.xml to manage dependencies for test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped Test Cases to run smoke and Regression Testing.
- Integrated Jenkins with Version Controller (GIT) and scheduled builds to run automatically during a build release by invoking predefined Maven commands.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read Test Data from the Excel spreadsheets.
- Handled Selenium synchronization problems using Explicit and Implicit waits during Regression Testing.
- Generated Cucumber HTML reports and plug-in with screenshots for every run.
- Experience in code review and Debugging.
- Used Jira for writing Test Cases, updating tasks and tracking defects.
Environment: Selenium, AWS, Java, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, RESTful, Postman, Cucumber BDD, DDT, Agile, Oracle, MS, WebDriver, Maven.
Confidential - Bellevue, WA
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Analyzed Business Requirements documents and identified documents required for System and Functional Testing efforts for all scenarios.
- Identified delivery risks for ongoing projects, developing strategies to avoid delays.
- Wrote and optimized test cases to maximize success of manual software testing with consistent, thorough approaches.
- Supported company in maintaining work environment focused on quality, communication, collaboration, integration and teamwork.
- Involved in various SDLC Phases-Requirements Analysis, Test Case Development, Regression , and conducted End-to-End and Black-box testing.
- Designed and Implemented a Hybrid Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in writing and implementing Test Scenarios and Test Scripts in accordance with Business requirements.
- Participated in Agile Scrum ceremonies, Daily Stand-up Meetings, attended User Story Sessions, Sprint Planning, Sprint demonstration and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Designed Manual and Automated Tests, created Automated Test Scripts, and executed tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in the development of Automation Framework by using Cucumber with Gherkin, Junit, and Selenium WebDriver while using Maven as a build tool based on Page Object Model and Singleton Web-driver design patterns.
- Used Apache POI to develop automation Java code in order to read and write Excel files.
- Used POSTMAN for Manual API Testing and REST Assured library for automation.
- Hands on experience in handling synchronization using Implicit Wait and Explicit Waits to improve the Automation Suite efficiency.
- Worked on SQL queries to verify data integrity and validate updated data for the Test cases in different modules of the application.
- Created and Executed automated test scripts for regression testing.
- Utilized Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) to connect to Database source and used SQL for verification of data and validation from the database.
- Performed Web Service API Testing for UI content verification and validation with business logic JSON/XML using REST Assured libraries and JUnit.
- Set up and configured Smoke Tests as Jenkins jobs, hosted on AWS EC2. Reported failures in exceptions of tests with screenshots and documented defects with an adequate amount of detail in Jira.
- Used GIT (Distributed Version Control), GitHub Version Control as a version-control system.
Environment: Selenium, Maven, Jenkins, REST Assured, REST, JSON, XML, Cucumber, API Testing, Agile, SQL, MySQL, JDBC API.
Confidential - Cranbury, NJ
Manual Tester - Test Automation Engineer
- Reviewed product requirement documents, test plan, test case documents and functional specifications.
- Worked closely with various members of the requirements, development, test and deployment teams to develop, enhance, and maintain the necessary test artifacts, including test plans, test procedures and test scripts for all releases of the software.
- Attended different type of meeting: Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo, Sprint Retro, and Daily Standup Meeting for each Sprint Backlog with Scrum Master, Business Analyst, Team Lead, and Developers.
- Documented Manual tests as a repeatable process, providing continual improvement and refinement.
- Responsible for UI / Front-End testing, execute Test Cases Manually first and then decide to Automate Important Test Cases using Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven.
- Analyzed the User Stories based on Acceptance Criteria for the corresponding Sprint.
- Conducted regularly scheduled manual or automated testing on multiple development environments to ensure code quality and stability.
- Followed Page Object Model Design Pattern for writing Automated Tests in Java.
- Independently creating and executing scripts.
- Used Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Performed browser compatibility testing of application under various cross browsers (Safari, Firefox, IE and Chrome) using HTML IDs, XPATH and CSS selectors in Selenium WebDriver.
- Used XPath, IDs, and CSS selectors to work with dynamic and static elements in Selenium WebDriver.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Java, TestNG, Agile, POM, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE.