- 8+ years of experience as Software Developer, in Designing & Development of Android Applications for Smart Phone & Tablet and Java - based Applications.
- Good understanding of Android OS, interactive application development, and memory management and also worked on the Linux kernel level.
- Expertise building Native Android Applications using (ANDROID SDK, NDK) as well as Hybrid applications using (Apache Cordova, Phone Gap) Platforms.
- Designed GUI and interfaces with services for mobile applications and worked on OOD (Object Oriented Designs).
- Experience in working with the latest API’s Android Version 5.0 (Lollipop), Android Version 6.0 (Marshmallow), Android Version 7.0 (NOUGAT), Android Version 8.0(Oreo) and Android Version 9.0(Pie), Android Version 10.0(Q).
- Experience in using Fragments, Activity Framework, Flow and Motor Framework, Accelerator Framework, Action Bar Navigation, Menu designs, and view controls, Loaders, Scroll View, ListView, and Recycler Views.
- Proficient with common Android Framework API’s (Location, Camera, Scanner, Notifications, Maps) and Core Java.
- Experience working with MVC (Model View Controller), MVP (Model View Presenter), and Clean Architecture frameworks patterns.
- Validated JSON response as per the given REST-API'S and worked on Espresso frameworks in building the application.
- Experience in using Storage options in Android like Shared Preferences and worked on Near Field Communication NFC which are mainly used for nearby transactions.
- Used GSON Library, RETROFIT 2.0 Library, and Google Volley for parsing the JSON and Knowledge on Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) to maintain cross-platform compatibility and also worked on Gradle, Maven.
- Experience in Web services using markup languages like JSON and REST.
- Also worked with Gradle wrapper and dependencies for Gradle configuration and knows about working with Embedded devices.
- Designed GUI and interfaces with services for mobile applications, Asynchronous Programming in Android (such as Thread pool, AsyncTasks, and Services). Implemented the monetization of apps, which has capabilities to do in-app purchases.
- Experience in using Java Native Interface (JNI) and Knowledge in Crashlytics and Fabrics which help in crash reporting and experience in Android performance profilers which helps to measure the application performance.
- Experience with source code control management like subversion (SVN) and GIT, SOURCE TREE, Smart GIT, and also experience with Otto and worked on Linux kernel which helps the applications to communicate with the hardware.
- Undertook the full life cycle of Android Application Development which includes testing on device and simulator as well and writing JUNIT test cases using Mockito, Robotium, Espresso, Robolectric, and CTS testing for android applications.
- Used CLI (Command Line tools) to update and install each package in an android studio.
- Good Experience with ProGuard, DexGuard files, and dependency injection such as Dagger.
- Knowledge in designing and developing adaptive UI components, widgets for android phones, tablets using Notifications, Adapters, Content Provider, Services, XML Parsing, SQLite.
- Experience in using Storage options in Android like Shared Preferences and also worked on ADB commands and experience in Android profiling for memory and battery performance management.
- Knowledge in working with audio and video codecs like .3GPP, MPEG-4, and worked as Triage Engineer in debugging bug reports and logcat logs.
- Excellent debugging of Android frameworks and problem-solving skills with Eclipse, IntelliJIDEA IDEA, and RAD.
- Experience in various methodologies like SDLC like Agile development and Waterfall development.
- Extensive experience in requirement analysis, functional analysis, excellent conceptual, and logical thinking.
- Excellent working experience with a variety of operating systems like Windows, (Linux) Ubuntu, and Fedora.
- Ability to grasp and master new technologies, excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to take initiative work independently and also as a team player.
IDEs: Android Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans
Markup Languages: HTML 5, XML, CSS 3, XHTML
Web Services: SOAP, REST & XML (SOAP API), JSON (RESTful API), DOM, SAX
Debugging & Testing Tools: JUnit, Mockito, Espresso, DDMS and Logcat
Database: SQLite, db4o, Oracle 10g/11g, MySQL
Servers: Web Logic 8.1/9.2, Apache Tomcat 6.0/7.0, JBoss
Version Controls: Subversion, Git, BitBucket
Operating System: Windows (2000/XP Professional, Windows 7/8), UNIX, Linux, Mac.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Participated in the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for proper analysis, development, testing, deployment, and enhancement of the code for the application.
- Worked along with the design team as well as the business team to gather the information required for the development.
- Used Kotlin and MVVM (Model View View Model) patterns to develop the application.
- Implemented Tap functionality for credit cards to complete the transaction using NFC.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and worked on Android Frameworks to implement features for the payment gateway.
- Implemented various promotions for the products which can be updated in the server using JSON.
- Implemented Android architecture components like Live Data, Data Binding, and View Model.
- Used a sliding side menu library for easy navigation through the app and enhanced the UI design of the application.
- Responsible for the design of the user interface using custom layouts and different forms of widgets.
- Worked with Data Binding support library that allows us to bind the UI components in the layout to data resources.
- Used Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails from the app.
- Fixed suitable code to capture buttons, text field events & implemented the desired action for each of the widgets.
- Implemented Smoke tests for the application and also Involved in automation testing using Espresso and Robolectric for end-to-end testing of the application.
- Used Log Cat, DDMS (Dalvik Debug Monitor Server), and trace view for debugging and detecting memory leaks.
- Designed & coded application components in an Agile environment utilizing a test-driven development approach.
- Implemented the required GUI by making modifications to the XML files.
- Saved data module such as customer information, transaction history, sales report, product info in the SQLite database.
- Used GIT Bitbucket for version control and updating and push the changes into the application and followed Agile with JIRA for implementing this project.
Environment: Android SDK, Android APIs, Kotlin, Java, Data Binding Retrofit, Dagger2, Android Studio, Splunk, XML, Restful, JSON, Git, Github, Jenkins, and Gson.
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Worked in different phases of project life cycle like design, development, and testing of application for Android mobile devices.
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design, and development.
- Involved in Implementing PayPal feature to the Fidelity application for making the payments and also worked in Linking the eligible fidelity accounts to PayPal.
- Written application logic using Kotlin in Android Studio and followed TDD approach in developing the application and followed the Clean architecture pattern.
- Involved in the development and enhancements of features to restrict usage based on Authorization and Authentication tokens.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and worked on Android Frameworks to implement features for the payment gateway.
- Used web views, list views & populated lists to display the lists from database using simple adapters.
- Worked extensively on local data storage using Shared Preferences, SQLite databases, and File system.
- Integrating RESTful API services with the Basic Authentication process and also used PhoneGap for developing the application and worked with unit testing with the help of Espresso and Robolectric frameworks.
- Used SeeTestcloud and Virtual device lab for testing the application changes.
- Constructing Http requests, fetching server response, and parsing feeds wherever required.
- Involved in working with Location Manager and Restful Web service with JSON and also used Dagger for dependency injection and worked on Linux kernel which helps the applications to communicate with the hardware.
- Integrated Push Notifications (GCM) to notify users about new in-stock apparels and worked on CTS test cases to ensure that the applications support the google standards.
- Used GIT Bitbucket for version control and updating and push the changes into the application.
Environment: Android SDK, SQLite, Core Java, Kotlin, Android Studio IDE, Jenkins, Android APIs, PayPal, XML, JSON, REST services, Log cat, BitBucket.
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
- Involved in Analysis, Design, Development, Deployment, and Testing of applications.
- Participated in ongoing initiatives to improve processes and establish best practices.
- Implemented full life cycle development of new web applications and modification of existing applications to add new components and features emphasizing maintainability, reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Worked on an innovative background reflecting the user account status that changes according to the user's account .
- Delivered Functional Requirements document after detailed Requirements gathering sessions with Business.
- Assisted in designing the User Interface (UI/UX) and overall look and feel of the app.
- Responsible for designing all the GUI elements by making required modifications to the XML.
- Used MVC pattern to encapsulate client/server interactions helps to illustrate software-pattern roles as well as developer roles by separating objects, components, and services into multi-tiers with well-defined boundaries.
- Responsible for working on Custom UI widgets for summary and Worked on memory leaks using DDMS and Leak Canary.
- Responsible for Android profiling for memory and battery performance management and used Dagger as a dependency injection and used RX Java in building the app.
- Used Multi-threading to implement parallel processing and implemented in-app purchases.
- Implemented client-side RESTful call to receive JSON based response and parsed using GSON.
- Utilized a retention fragment technique to avoid losing the AsyncTask.
- Used React Native in creating large web apps that store the data and can be reused in the application and worked as Triage Engineer on ADB and debugging bug reports.
- Participated in the quality assurance of the app including, testing of the User Interface and testing the app on different mobile devices and worked on Video Streaming Frameworks.
- Used ProGuard for code shrinking, optimizing, and obfuscating the remaining classes, fields, and methods with short names. This helped in preventing the APK from reverse engineering.
- Developed update patches, modules, and components to fix bugs adhere to compliance & mitigate security risks.
- Configured security of the app with HTTP and SSL connection.
- Developed connection with the server using Open Source libraries, Asynchronous Http Client for Android .
- Contributed to production release deployment, certifying release features, monitoring production logs, and fixing production issues on demand.
- Involved in designing user-friendly tools to be used by the deployment team on verifying content management Production/Lower environments.
- Used GIT for version control and followed Agile with JIRA for implementing this project.
Environment: Android SDKCore Java, Android Studio IDE, Android API's, Action Bar, Custom Dialog Boxes ADT plug-in, Camera, Zebra Scanner, JDK, SQLite, XML, JSON, GSON, REST services, Github, Fragments.
Confidential, NewYorkCity, NY
- Involved in the full life cycle of the application including design, development, and testing.
- Designed and Developed App screens and its workflow using Activity and Fragments.
- Written application logic using Android SDK and Android Studio.
- Implemented a Model-View-Presenter design pattern.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response, and parsing them to get the required information.
- Manage tasks with within the Agile framework, and controlled JIRA workflows.
- Worked on Designing, Enhancements, Bug-fixing, KT Sessions, and Maintenance of the Application.
- Used ACRA-4.3.0 library to send crash reports to the developer.
- Performed on-device debugging using ADB and tested the application in a device using Logcat, DDMS.
- Utilized Async Task, Thread, Handler, Services to provide smooth UI experience.
- Developed rich UI for the application modules using ListView, Scroll View, View Pager & Navigation Drawer, and developed Custom View.
- Customized different widgets that include Buttons, Toasts, and Dialogs.
- Worked in an Agile environment and handled daily standup meetings.
- Utilized GPS to get one-touch access and directions to ATM/location information.
Environment: Java, Android SDK 4.x, Android Studio, GIT, XML, JSON, RESTful Web Services, GPS, SQLite, Gradle, Maven.