I currently earned a Certification for Java Based Selenium Automated Testing using Maven, TestNG, Serenity/Cucumber BDD, and Jenkins (to view, copy and paste. I also subsequently earned certificates of completion for an API testing with Java using REST Assured course Furthermore, I am familiar with the JMeter testing tool. My previous professional Java developer skills (5 years) were made current by the material used in these courses. I was currently working as a solar energy consultant on outside in home residential sales of solar panel electricity systems in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and the Bronx. Prior to that, I was a senior software developer with extensive long term database structure and application coding experience with Middle Tier (& Some Front End) J2EE Java / IBM z/OS DB2 / SQL / COBOL / CICS / MQ / VSAM / TWS & CA7 in mixed mainframe/distributed environments. I am now attempting re - entry into the IT workspace as a Java based QA Automation Tester or as an IBM z/OS mainframe developer where my existing data processing and communication skills could be used effectively. Please examine the data processing skills detailed below.
Java J2EE, IBM WebSphere, IBM z/OS mainframe, & MS VB6 experience
Java thru 1.8 J2EE (MQ Message Driven Beans, LOG4J, & Web Services using JAXB, WSDL, Axis, & CXF)
IBM Rational Application Developer 8.5, IBM Rational Synergy 7.1, IBM Rational Change 5.2, Eclipse 4.12, GIT, JIRA, & Maven
Messaging Middleware (IBM MQ Series, & Grapevine an in-house proprietary package based on the IBM MQ Series Paradigm)
IBM mainframe Applications (COBOL/370, TWS/CA7, ChangeMan, CICS, INTERTEST, OMEGAMON, ABEND-AID, JCL, VSAM, FILE-AID, Utilities)
IBM z/OS DB2 (SQL & SQLJ DML, IBM & Platinum Utilities, DDL, QMF, SPUFI, & Stored Procedures)
IBM mainframe Operating Systems (z/OS)
Visual Basic 6.0 (DLL, ADO, COM, Windows API Interfaces, Web Service calls)
Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook), Microsoft Visio
Confidential, Bronx, NY
Solar Energy Consultant
- Outside in home residential sales of solar panel electricity systems in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and the Bronx using company provided & self-generated leads.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Manhattan Residential Apartment Rentals.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Software Developer (Consultant)
- This system handles the reorganization of securities triggered by partial redemption events.
- I contributed to the design, coding, & testing of SQLJ based Java versions of existing production mainframe COBOL programs that will be run on the IBM Compute Grid mainframe container.
Confidential, New York, NY
Distributed & Mainframe Software Developer
- The system accessed mainframe DB2 databases as the primary data source with some embedded SQL but most access was via calls to the following types of web services: SOAP & Restful/JSON Java web services; MS .NET web services; and CICS Transaction Gateway (CTG) services.
- Many of the work flows in the application were regulated asynchronously by MQ series messages and message driven beans.
- For this system, I contributed to the design, coding, testing, and implementation of a Java coded routing layer, below the presentation layer, that formatted and called with exception handling all of the types of web services used by the application.