- Software Developer with many years of experience Produced many valuable contributions at two telecommunications systems labs, once part of Bell Labs, as a federal sub - contractor to the U.S. Confidential, before that, at an IBM operating systems lab, and now in the Financial realm. Proven expertise in modeling problem domains to create long-lived solutions. Continuously gains proficiency in new software technologies.
Middleware: Spring, EJB, JAX-WS/Axis WebSvcs/SOA, JMS, Weblogic, Websphere, Tomcat
Database: Oracle, PL-SQL, JDBC, Toad, Hibernate, SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS
IDE’s: Eclipse, Borland's Jbuilder, Microsoft Visual Studio, Power BI desktop
Environment: s: J2EE, Spring, Java/Corba middleware, Windows, Unix, Agile Methedology
- I supported a customized billing solution for the Confidential Oil and for GM, who outsourced their telecommunications to Confidential
- After we received all of their telecom bills via ETL from a SQL Server source to an Oracle destination, we ran quality checks and aggregated them for input into Confidential main billing system, which then output invoices that we sent back to the customers. The front end was J2EE, SSRS, and Power BI.
- For this release, the logic to enter payment activity into the work queues was re-architected to increase through-put,
- Also, new automation features were added that replace a set of manual steps performed by customer.
- For this, I developed new JSP pages, Struts actions, backend SOA Server calls, and JMS msgs to keep “My Verizon” up to date with the latest products and offerings.
- Largest task was to replace the repository, a WebService producer that stored bills viewed on the website, with a newer 3rd party tool via JAX-WS.
Java/J2EE Software Engineer
- Enhanced a set of Spring/Hibernate web applications with an Oracle backend, that performed capacity planning of microwave links connecting cell towers to the core network, and forecasting demand over these links.
- Enhanced another J2EE web application which was part of a suite of applications tied together with Axis2 WebServices, used by the sales team to apply pricing to Confidential amp;T services sold to business customers.
- Wrote Java application which included a Servlet to send XML objects to a Weblogic server to store customizable values for the application.
- The Java application also sent XML objects via Corba to a server running an Orb on the mainframe.
- Exposed these objects to external clients as stateless session beans.
- Built key subsystem of product from scratch within initial team of 6, sending IDL from a Java application to a Java server, which then called Oracle stored procedures.
- As team grew to 50 developers, became technical expert in key subsystem, designing major enhancements. This added XML data objects to the application, so that they could be called externally. XML was validated by XML Schema.
- Lead a team of 5 to separate out subsystem and use in a portfolio of 6 products, allowing them to use a common enterprise wide database and avoiding replication of data. Communication was via message-driven EJB's and MQSeries.