- Professional technologist with experience in application development, including fourteen years in the Healthcare industry.
- Recently served as the Processing Capabilities Manager for Confidential / Confidential Group of Meridian, ID. Responsible for leveraging technology solutions to maximize efficiency in business processes.
- Proven ability to manage multiple business priorities, demonstrating strong leadership skills and successful implementation of industry best practice policy and procedure.
- Experienced manager of project teams solving business requirements with use of both internal software development as well as integration with vendors.
Programming: C#, .NET, Java, J2EE, EJB, Perl, JDBC, ODBC, PL/SQL, SQLLDR, Korn script, C++, SQL, COBOL, VisualBasic, Focus 4GL, Sybase 4GL
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7, Windows Server, VMS, AIX, Solaris, Linux.
Hardware: HP, IBM, Sun, Dell, EMC SAN, Cisco CSS.
Applications: SQLServer, Oracle, IIS, SharePoint, WebLogic, Apache, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access), MS Project, Visio, SecureTransport, TransSend, WebFocus, SeeBeyond, DB2, SourceSafe, Stellent
Process Capabilities Manager
- Responsible for Business Analysts, Reporting Analysts, and Production Support.
- Provide input to strategic objectives and prioritize resources to implement the objectives.
- Drive EDI Initiatives to implement HIPAA transactions including 834, 837, 835, 278, 270/271, and 276/277.
- Respond to technology questions on RFPs.
- Participate in client finalist presentations as needed.
- Coordinate external SAS70/SSAE - 16 audit annually.
Technology Service Center Supervisor
- Supervise IS and IT staff of 10 employees.
- Build team vision and goals to support company growth.
- Implement standard infrastructure and application framework.
Confidential, Benesight Pueblo, CO
- Responsible for managers of application development, data operations, telecom, network engineering, and Unix administration.
- Project oversight for consolidation of legacy reports into new WebFocus technology. Implementation of new reports to replace 80% of ad-hoc requests.
- Represented Pueblo datacenter in strategic initiative to consolidate systems across Confidential . The project evaluated technologies from six business units and recommended go forward products.
- Lead IT team in consolidation of legacy systems.
- Implemented modified replication layer to an Oracle Data Warehouse to convert legacy data from Unix to Mainframe. This allowed the optimization of internal processes without modifying end user reporting tools.
- Led team to develop historical data extracts from the Unix based system to populate the new Mainframe system.
- Managed IT tasks on project plan and communicated to project steering committee to insure timelines were not jeopardized.
- Coordinated successful completion of audits for the following accreditations:
- SAS-70 - annual review of process, procedure, and risk analysis.
- URAC - HIPAA Privacy
- URAC - HIPAA Security
- Fiserv Corporate - Internal review of compliance with corporate standards.
Business Application Development Manager
- Responsible for development/support staff of 12 and data operations staff of 7.
- Reviewed system designs for J2EE applications.
- Managed initiatives to automate processes and deliver new functionality.
- Implemented standardized process and procedure.
- Implemented reporting project that required robust reports on high availability systems.
- Managed implementation of Data Warehouse for clients.
- Developed IRS 1099 data file application in Unix/Oracle/Perl to provide submission to IRS and follow-up research by the Finance team.
- Developed Unix/Oracle/Java based replication from the legacy system to Oracle data repository used for web inquiries and reporting.
- Build data model for control tables to manage the process.
- Created formal documentation for system.
- Developed Unix/COBOL framework for reading legacy system files.
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
- Developed components using HP/UX, C++ for real time messaging interface for telecom orders originating from WorldCom.
- Developed Mainframe COBOL/DB2 application to receive flat files and convert them to MQ messages for processing.
- Participated in Local Number Portability project.
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
- Led conversion of legacy data for Massachusetts Teachers to new retirement system with COBOL extracts and loads.
- Participated in building Visual Basic front end for customer input file preparation.
- Implemented local network and workstations with Windows for Workgroups to replace dumb terminals.
- Programmed several reports and on-line applications using templates.