- 8+ years of professional IT experience in Project analysis, Design, Development, Testing, and Deployment of Web - Based Applications using Java/J2EE. Actively involved in each phase of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Strong application development experience in using Agile Software Development methodologies like Scrum, Sprint and Traditional software models like Waterfall and TDD.
- Developed web-based enterprise applications using core Java, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, EJB, JMS, JDBC, Hibernate, Web Services (SOAP and REST), MVC framework (Struts, Spring MVC), SQL and Object-Oriented Programming techniques.
- Proficient in core java concepts like Collection Framework, Multi-threading, Generics, Annotations, Serialization, Thread pools, JavaBeans, Externalization.
- Proficient in the implementation of frameworks like Struts, spring (Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow, Spring IOC, Spring AOP, Spring Security, Spring Boot, Spring Data, and Spring Batch), JSF, AJAX frameworks (Rich Faces, My Faces) and ORM frameworks like Hibernate, IBATIS.
- Expertise XML technologies like DTD, XSD, XSLT and various parsers like DOM, SAX, and JAXB.
- Extensive experience working with RDBMS such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, Teradata, DB2, Oracle.
- Experience in working with the NoSQL Database like MongoDB to manage extremely large data sets.
- Expertise Confidential JDBC API for connection and access to databases.
- Expertise in Creating Hibernate configuration file, Hibernate Mapping files and defined persistence classes to persist the data into Oracle Database.
- Proficient in developing Web Services, related technologies &frame works: WSDL, SOAP, REST, JAX-WS, JAXB, JAX-RPC, AXIS and Jersey, SOAP UI and generating client’s client using Eclipse for Web Services consumption.
- Knowledge of Java8 features like lambda expressions and Java Stream API.
- Experience with and a solid understanding of Microservices.
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, ELB, Auto-Scaling, SNS, SQS, AMI, IAM, Dynamo DB, Elasticsearch, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) through AWS Console and API Integration.
- Worked on deployment, installation, configuration and issues with Application servers like Apache Tomcat, IBM Web Sphere, BEA WebLogic, and JBoss Enterprise Application Server.
- Experience in implementing Design Patterns like Singleton, Factory, MVC, Data Access Object and Business Delegate.
- Experienced in developing UML diagrams with Star UML, Rational Rose.
- Experience on different IDEs such as RAD, Eclipse, Spring Tool Suite, and IntelliJ.
- Actively involved in the DevOps streamlining process through Jenkins CI and CD Release Automation.
- Subversion SVN, CVS, GIT and Visual Source Safe as versioning software tools.
- Experienced in transferring data from different data sources into HDFS systems using Kafka producers, consumers, and Kafka brokers.
- Configured auto-scaling groups for applications like Elasticsearch and Kafka to scale automatically when needed.
- Hands on experience in building tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle.
- Extensively used Apache Camel for transformation and used both Java DSL and XML DSL.
- Extensively worked on Pivotal Tracker and JIRA tools for tracking stories in a Project in a different methodology of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Used Apache POI to convert XML files to Excel files and to read Excel files.
- Configured and created application log files using Log4J to trace required application messages.
- Having Experience on UNIX, Linux commands and Deployment of Applications in Server and ability to work effectively on Windows platforms.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional team environments and experience of providing training to the business user.
Platforms: Windows 2000/NT/ XP/Vista and Sun Solaris 2.8/2.9, UNIX
Programming: JDK 1.5, 1.6, 1.7,1.8, C, C++
Server Scripting: JSP1.2,2.1, JSP-EL, JSTL, Custom Tags
Java Frameworks: Struts 1.2, Struts 2.1, Spring MVC,DI, AOP, JSF 1.1, JSF 2.1, GWT, Vaadin
Database Tools: Toad for Oracle, Toad for MySQL, Toad for DB2, Toad for MS-SQL, ERWin, Altova Database Spy, MySQL WorkbenchDatabases
Web Servers: Tomcat 5.0,6.0,7.1, Joans
UML Tools: Altova UML Model, Rational Enterprise, MS Visio
ORM Fra ORM Frameworks: Hibernate 3.0,3.1,4.1, TopLink, OpenJPA, iBatis
Defect Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla, Rational Clear Quest
Methodologies: Agile (XP, Scrum), Rational Unified Process(RUP), Waterfall, Kanban
Reporting: iReports, JReports
Batch Jobs: Quartz Scheduler, Cron, Spring Batch
HTML Editors: MS-FrontPage 2003, Adobe Dreamweaver, Coffee Cup HTML
Templating: Velocity, Free marker
Cloud: Pivotal Cloud Foundry(PCF), AWS
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
- Involved in analysis, specification, design, and implementation and testing phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and used agile methodology (SCRUM) for developing the application.
- Upgraded existing UI with HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap.
- Designed, developed a custom, single-page, responsive web application on the front end using Angular2.
- Designed and developed the End Points (Controllers), Business Layer, DAO Layer using Hibernate/JDBC template, using Spring IOC (Dependency Injection).
- Used Spring Framework AOP Module to implement logging in the application to know the application status.
- Used Spring DAO Module along with Struts Framework to deal with Database.
- Implemented the application using Spring IOC, Spring MVC Framework, Spring Batch, and Spring Boot and handled the security using Spring Security to execute the similar jobs simultaneously.
- Designed and developed Micro Services business components using Spring Boot.
- Used Hibernate, object-relational mapping (ORM) solution, the technique of mapping data representation from the MVC model to Oracle Relational data model with a SQL-based schema.
- Used Apache POI for uploading Excel files and optimized the load time by extensively leveraging Java 1.8 lambda expressions, Streams and parallel Streams.
- Implement Java 1.8 features including Lambda, Advanced for each loop, and Streams.
- Implemented RESTful web services using Jersey for JAX-RS implementation.
- Involves in the design and development of RESTful Web Services using Apache CXF.
- Performed CRUD operations like Update, Insert and Delete data in MongoDB.
- Worked on MongoDB database concepts such as locking, transactions, indexes, Sharding, replication and etc.
- Worked with AWS cloud service in creating EC2 instances and providing them roles and sometimes participated in writing custom policies and deployed applications on Elastic Bean Stalk and EC2.
- Participated in troubleshooting issues on AWS, Netflix Eureka and Cloud environments.
- Worked with core java concepts like Collections Framework, Multithreading and Memory management.
- Developed Docker-based microservices deployment modules with Jenkins 2.0 in containers to increase Isolation.
- Used Apache Camel for routing the exchanges between different systems.
- Used Apache POI to create, modify, and display MS Office files using Java programs.
- Involved in installing and configuring Maven for application builds and deployment
- Worked on Log4J to validate functionalities and Mockito framework JUnit for unit testing
- Automate build process through Maven build framework
- Used JIRA to assign, track, report and audit the issues in the application.
- Setup the Continuous Integration (CI) process for the application using the Jenkins.
- Worked in an agile environment using SDLC tools like GIT, Jira, Jenkins, and Maven for build packaging and deployments of the application components.
- Worked with Map/Reduce and stream processing e.g. Storm coding.
Environment: Java 1.8, J2EE, JSP 2.0, PL/SQL, Spring 2.0, EJB 2.0, Angular 2,JMS, JNDI, Oracle, XML, DOM, SOAP, Junit, Apache Camel, Web Sphere 8.5, Hibernate 3.0, Microservices, AWS,JDBC, Kafka, MS SQL Server 2012, JESS, REST-ful Web service, Web logic 8, JBoss Drools, SOA Design Patterns, Cassandra, LDAP, NOSQL, Hadoop
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
- Responsible for all stages of design, development, and deployment of applications. Active role in Test Driven Development termed as TDD apart from Agile Software Development.
- Used Multithreading in programming to improve overall performance.
- Designed, analyzed and developed the front-end and back-end Servlets, Bootstrap for designing, HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS, and AJAX, for developing presentation layer.
- Involved in payment status report for asynchronous exchange of information using JMS.
- Demonstrable experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- JSON used as the main data-interchange format in place of XML.
- Used Apache camel integration for routing and transforming the data between two Applications using HTTP protocol.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment (CICD) methodologies.
- CRUD was used as part of servlets where DML operations were required on RDBMS like SQL DB’s
- Created RFP microservice to provide RESTful AP I utilizing Spring Boot with Microservices.
- Used PMD, Find Bugs, Jenkins, and Sonar to ensure the continuous integration in the project.
- Developed SOAP -based JAX-WS Web Service interfaces for integrating multiple systems, code re-usability.
- Used Dependency Injection feature for wiring and defined dependencies using constructor arguments.
- Implementation of the data access layer has been cumbersome for a while and this was greatly resolved using Spring JPA through the implementation of data access layers thereby reducing boiler-plate-code.
- Used AWS SDK for connection to Amazon S3 buckets as it is used as the object storage service to store and retrieve the media files related to the application.
- Used Microservices to ensure the scalability of the application on cloud infrastructure.
- Developed RESTful Web services for other systems to interact with our system and secured the service with Spring-Security OAuth.
- Used spring framework including spring core/IOC, Spring Web, Spring Security.
- Used Jenkins as build management tool for continuous integration process (CICD).
- Configured Hibernat e with Spring ORM as part of spring and Hibernate Integration for best results.
- Used Spring MVC components to implement business layer and Spring Boot for Microservices.
- Utilized spring core, AOP and security to build robust business operations with transactional support.
- Worked with IDE as Eclipse, IntelliJ and deployed into Apache Tomcat Web Server & used Maven build tool to achieve more functionality for the build process.
- Defined several UML diagrams; Activity diagrams, Sequence and Object diagrams.
- Developed unit and integration tests for existing microservices using JUnit, Mockito and Docke r environments.
- Developed the data access classes using JDBC and SQL query log4j for logging and SVN for version control.
- Worked on RESTful Web services as well as Node Rest framework for backend services used Mongo DB (NoSQL) for database services and RESTful web services using Jersey for JAX-RS implementation.
- Created Hibernate persistent and configuration files for ORM implementation.
- Code review using sonar tools and correcting the code base on the Sonar Report.
- Used Git as Version Control System for the application. Used JMeter to test the performance of SOAP protocol.
- Used JBoss as the chief enterprise level server while dealing the database activities with Hibernates.
- Participated in Defect tracking team using ALM Quality Center for Defect tracking, Defect priority and status.
- GUI design and development using Java Swing, JFC Used for open source web testing.
- Developed AWS Lambda Functions in a stateless style and ensure there is no affinity between and compute infrastructure to manage the servers and run the code in the AWS.
- Create a team specific agile process flow in JIRA to move tasks from one activity to another.
- Creating custom, general use modules and components, which extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS.
- Used AngularJS as the development framework to build a single-page application and reusable AngularJS applications.
Confidential, Des Moines, Iowa
Sr. Full Stack Developer
- Developed Business Components in Java/JEE and Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) on windows and Linux Platform.
- The entire application was developed in J2EE using an MVC based architecture.
- Designed project related documents using MS Visio which includes Use case, Class and Sequence diagrams.
- Implemented modules using Core Java APIs, Java collection, Java 8(Streams), multi-threading, and object-oriented design principles.
- Developed presentation layer code, using JSP, HTML, AJAX and JQuery.
- Developed and used JSP custom tags in the web tier to dynamically generate web pages.
- Helped UI to integrate the JavaBeans data using JSTL, spring tags.
- Single page architecture by using Angular JS. Node JS for server side web Applications, Real time communication.
- Created the Node.js EXPRESS Server combined with Socket.io to build MVC framework from front-end side AngularJS to back-end MongoDB, in order to provide broadcast service as well as chatting service.
- Developed the Business layer using Spring Boot and JTA. SpringBoot for creating REST Web Services.
- Proficient at utilizing Apache Camel to setup micro-services using REST APIs and build both pre-determined and dynamic routes.
- Developed the Persistence layer DAO using HIBERNATE.
- Implemented RESTful web services using JSON, XML.
- Working on Apigee Edge to manage APIs.
- Created RAML for rest services that helps Apigee team to connect API to outside world.
- Involved in Migrating the JDBC Code into Hibernate and implemented various features using Collection APIs.
- Developed the project using industry standard design patterns like Singleton, Business Delegate Factory Pattern for better maintenance of code and re-usability.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures using Amazon Web Services (AWS), which includes VPC, EC2, S3, Cloud Front, ELB and Elastic Beanstalk.
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL Stored procedures, Functions, triggers to interact with Oracle11g.
- Used Cassandra for database and Redis for cache, for storing and fetching the data.
- Developed unit test cases using Jasmine to test Angular controllers and services and developed custom validations using Angular2.0
- For Asynchronous processing developed internal Apache Kafka infrastructure. This is also used as communication between micro services.
- Written Test cases using Junit to validate the application flows in different scenarios in the standalone application.