- 7 years of solid experience as a QA automation engineer in Automation and Manual testing, covering Finance, Healthcare, Telecom and Retail domains.
- Motivated and results - driven professional with a proven track record in QA Documentation, including Business Requirements, Software Specifications, and Functional Specifications documents.
- Proven ability to identify business requirements and develop valuable solutions. Proficient in creating User Stories, Use Cases, Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Experience in designing, creating, modifying, and maintaining new and existing Automation Frameworks (BDD/TDD) using Java, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, IntelliJ IDE, Maven, Cucumber, JDBC and REST Assured.
- Strong knowledge in creating features and scenarios by using Gherkin language in Cucumber framework.
- Experience in Git for version control and GitHub for code/project management.
- Experience in using AWS services to schedule automated tests on EC2 instances.
- Confident in implementing POM (Page Object Model) by creating an element for each Page Object and using all the objects in different scripts.
- Experience in manual API testing using Postman with JSON integration and automated API testing using Rest Assured.
- Experience in backend testing by validating the data in MySQL database through creating SQL queries.
- Proficient in UI, API, DB testing using latest software tools.
- Experience in utilizing Jenkins as CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) to schedule automation test run and setting it up to receive daily test results.
- Experience in Agile Scrum projects and ceremonies: Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Scrum Meeting, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective Meetings.
- Strong knowledge and experience of all SDLC stages - Requirement Gathering & Analysis, Planning, Design, Testing and Implementation.
- CSS, HTML, JS
- WSDL (JSON, HTML, XML)
- Selenium Web Driver
- BDD, TDD, DDD, Hybrid
- AWS EC2
- Git, GitHub
- Azure DevOps
- Jira, Confluence
- MySQL, Oracle SQL
- Eclipse IDE
- IntelliJ IDEA
- Participated in creating and developing Cucumber BDD (Behavior Driven Development) automation framework by using IntelliJ, Selenium WebDriver, Java, JUnit, and Maven.
- Created Features, Scenarios, Scenario Outlines and Step Definitions in Gherkin format in Cucumber framework.
- Used Page Object Model (POM) to organize java code for page objects.
- Included utilities package in automation framework by adding classes such as excel utilities, configuration utility, database utility and browser utility.
- Used Maven to manage project structure, dependencies and plug-ins.
- Used Apache POI to read the data from the Excel sheets to do Data-Driven Testing.
- Implemented test cases in multiple browsers (Chrome, IE and Firefox) and Headless Browser by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed backend testing to validate the data in SQL database by creating and executing SQL queries.
- Performed manual Web Service API testing scenarios to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data using Swagger and automated API testing using Rest Assured.
- Performed UI Testing, API Testing and DB Testing, Regression Tests, Functional Tests, and Smoke Tests by utilizing Jenkins as continuous integration tool.
- Used AWS to deploy the projects on EC2 instance.
- Utilized GitHub for project collaboration and Git for version control.
- Participated in all agile ceremonies - Sprint planning, Daily scrum, Spring review and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Reviewed and analyzed user stories and created test scenarios and test cases.
- Utilized Jira to track the tasks for each sprint and project and created bug tickets for the developers.
Environment: IntelliJ IDEA, Cucumber, JUnit, Selenium Web Driver, Java, XML, HTML, JSON, Maven, Jenkins, Groovy, Apache-POI, TestNG, Postman, Gherkin, Git, GitHub, SQL, XPath, Jira, Agile/Scrum, MS Office suite, Sublime, AWS EC2
QA Software Tester
- Implemented a TDD automation framework by using TestNG, Eclipse, Java, Selenium WebDriver and Maven.
- Utilized TestNG Annotations in Selenium Web Driver and executed tests in groups in testing suite.
- Generated extended reports in TestNG framework with details of executed, passed and failed Test Cases.
- Used Selenium locators and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Executed Regression, Smoke and Sanity tests on a daily/weekly basis.
- Implemented Cross Browser Testing by executing the test cases in Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
- Followed all agile scrum methodologies such as Sprint planning, Daily Stand Up, Spring review and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Used Jira to track project tasks.
- Involved in developing Use Cases, Test Cases and Test Procedures based on Business Requirements Documentation (BRD).
- Performed manual testing based on the specified User Stories.
- Executed Positive and Negative Testing using both manual and automation procedures.
- Created and executed SQL queries to verify the database schema.
- Worked on SQL queries for backend database testing to make sure that the migrated data was correct.
- Discussed any data quality issues during the backend testing with the QA team.
- Created Data-Driven Testing to validate test case against different data set.
- Performed manual and automated testing of the application API web services using Postman and RestAssured.
- Used Git/GitHub for project/code management by utilizing branches.
Environment: TestNG, Eclipse IDE, JUnit, Selenium Web Driver, Java, HTML, JSON, Maven, Postman, Git, GitHub, SQL, Jira, Agile/Scrum, MS Office suite, Windows 10, Browsers: Chrome and IE
QA Software Tester
- Analyzed the business requirements and User Stories and created Test Cases according to functional requirements.
- Used Jira for workflow, to report application bugs and to inform developers on the issues and followed up on the progress.
- Participated in reviewing MySQL tables, views, queries and functions and reported any issues on the schema or data.
- Prepared the test data for Positive and Negative Testing for Test Cases.
- Participated in different agile/scrum meetings such as Sprint planning, Daily Stand Up meeting, Sprint Review and Sprint Grooming and interacted with developers, BA’s, QA’s and Project Manager to discuss project progress and issues.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- Performed browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox and IE.
Environment: MS Office suite, Windows 10, Browsers: Chrome, Firefox and IE, HTML, MySQL, Jira, Agile/Scrum
- Evaluated existing operations and current market trends to identify necessary improvements and capitalize on changes.
- Considered business demands and customer preferences when creating product listing on eBay with pictures, description, pricing, shipping and return requirements.
- Produced quarterly reports to evaluate performance, adjust strategies and maintain agile, sustainable operations.
- Modernized and improved operational procedures to increase efficiency and profitability while tightly controlling costs.