- Experience includes various project assignments in which I designed and developed software.
- J2EE projects were developed from 1999 - 2009, and JEE starting 2014.
- Search technology projects using Java or C# were developed from 2009-present.
- Development of Java was done on UNIX, linux and Windows operating systems.
- SQL Server
Present Software Engineer/Developer
- Fixed bugs on the Financial Disclosure Management web application written in java 8, jquery, bootstrap. JPA, hibernate and SQL Server were used.
- Modifying code from struts, jsp to SPA using ajax, jquery and spark java.
- Environment included Eclipse, Jetty, Microsoft SQL Management Studio
- Working from home using agile, scrum, Atlassian tools: jira and bitbucket
- Worked with large c# application. Responsible for learning the code:
- OpenSceneGraph library to display globe, plugins, proxy, and service layers to read data.
Software Developer (DevOps)
- Learning OpenStack cloud computing platform and Python
- Rewrote the router software and client software using reverse engineering, Wireshark and Java.
- The router was originally written in MATLAB and the client was originally written in Python.
- Java was chosen because the plan was to expand the router to connect to multiple simulators, and this was not possible to do in MATLAB.
- Worked with a radar system simulator. Studied the use of radar parameters in identifying radar targets.
- Modified xslt scripts, Angular and java code for deployment to a new customer site.
- Provided web application maintenance. The technologies used are: Java 8, jQuery, bootstrap, JPA, Eclipse and maven
- Database: MSSQL, MSSQL developer tool was used
- IDE: Eclipse Oxygen and Netbeans
- Atlassian tools used are: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Agile with 3-week sprints
Confidential, Plano, TXSoftware Engineer/Developer
- Modified xsds, Java code and documentation for a communication system.
- Provided unit tests
- Most of the Java code was core Java and messaging.
- Work was done for a large software system that is currently deployed.
- Atlassian tools used: Jira and Confluence
- Designed, coded, implemented and deployed a tracking system to monitor the workflow of ingested products.
- Designed and coded webpages to view the workflow statuses.
- Technology used: Java 7, JBoss 7, JMS, Mongo, EJB.
- Worked in a 2-person team to create an open GOTS SDK platform to enable continuous verification of a user.
- Designed and coded a keylogger and a mouse sensor for an Active Authentication (AA) research and development project. The sensors are multithreaded and use circular buffers for speed. The following technologies were used: c#, java, RabbitMQ.
- Implemented various data interchange formats: JSON, BSON, Messagepack.
- Added data caching to the AA SDK using SQLite.
- Created a prototype/proof of concept that featured pipelines and a sensor presented at Confidential
- Investigated various technologies to be used in the AA platform: SQLite, nLog, IPC Channel and RabbitMQ.
- Participated in a demonstration of the Active Authentication SDK at the Pentagon.
Confidential, McLean, Virginia
- Implemented a File Upload widget in the Ozone/Synapse environment.
- The widget retrieved data from CloudBase, a technology built to manage Hadoop.
- The widget pushed data to Synapse for the purpose of caching data locally.
- The widget resides in the Tomcat application server.
Confidential, Fort Bragg, North Carolina
- Designed and developed a federated search server. The server is implemented as a web server and runs on a desktop.
- Federation was designed and coded to provide search language translation, data access from search servers (including security), and data normalization.
- Additional infrastructure design and code includes 2-phased data access, data caching, synchronization using cascading queues - one for the dispatcher and the other for a configurable number of worker threads. Custom logging was created for debugging purposes.
- Designed and developed a second application to work with the federated search server by reading the cached, normalized data and exporting the data to third party visualization tools. New tools may be added by creating a dll and setting configuration parameters.
- These applications have been deployed and are in use on hundreds of desktops.
- The code was written in .Net c#.
Confidential, Reston, Virginia
Software Developer, Designer
- Provided design of infrastructure web services for a DOJ system
- Designed WSDLs to include WS-Security (UsernameToken, SAML)
- Provided prototypes of JAX-WS web services using Java EE 5, NetBeans, UML, JPA, Sun application server and SQL server.
- Provided design and Java development for a geocentric WMS tile server. This server allows geocentric images to be viewed in browsers.
- OpenLayers client was used to request and present the geocentric image tiles. The images can be panned, zoomed, and viewed .
- The latitude, longitude reflected the cursor position. The server is composed of servlets and Java classes.
- Coded and designed Java classes to provide: WMS interface, memory management for image files and objects, Java locks for resource sharing, and JAI (Java Advanced Imaging) for image processing. Used Enterprise Architect for design.
- The application is in Weblogic 9.1 on a Solaris operating system.
- Designed and coded a Google Earth application. Code was written to interface with an existing web service. The application was composed of servlets and kml and ran inside Tomcat.
- Designed and coded software for an Intermec handheld scanning device
- Developed the code using Intermec API and C programming language
- Designed the handheld’s GUI
- Discussed the design required to migrate a Swing client server application to a J2EE application using JBoss, JMS, and EJB.
Confidential, McLean, Va
- Designed and coded a software prototype using OO, Java, Hibernate, Spring, Axis webservice, MySQL, Spring MVC and ACEGI security
- Provided the implementation of authentication and authorization for a JBoss product using JAAS and J2EE container managed security.
- Provided the design and implementation of AOP (aspect oriented programming) exception handling in JBoss
- Provided the security for the application in JBoss
- Provided mentoring