- An accomplished Senior Software Engineer with over 14 years of varied experience in the design, development and integration of multi - tier enterprise applications using various technologies, primarily Java, J2EE, Web, Mobile and Database technologies.
- Excellent analytical, communication, technical and leadership skills
- Excellent customer-interfacing skills and experience in working with prestigious clients
- Skilled technologist consistently seeking innovative ways to improve productivity
- Possess expertise in Object-Oriented Analysis/Design and Development
Operating Systems: RH Linux, Sun Solaris, Windows 2003 Server
Products/Tools/IDEs: Eclipse, Websphere WSAD5.1, IBM VAJ 2.5.3, Weblogic 8.1 Workshop, CVS, Subversion, Perforce, XML Spy, Rational Rose, JBuilder, TOAD, Visio, Mercury Load Runner, JMeter, Fiddler
Frameworks/APIs: Struts 1 & 2, Hibernate 3.0, Oracle WebCenter Sites & Portal, Oracle ADF
Web/Application Servers: Oracle WebcenterSites 11gR1/ Fatwire, BEA Weblogic Portal 9.2, Tomcat 5.5, Websphere, Oracle WebcenterPortal 11gr1, JDeveloper 11gr1
Middleware Systems: MQ Series, Tibco Rendezvous 5.1
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Informix, Sybase, DB2 UDB
Design Concepts: J2EE Design patterns, UML
Functional Domains: Ecommerce, Analytics, Credit Card, Equities, HCM, Manufacturing, Trading, Fixed Income, Quantitative Analysis, Derivatives, CDS
Team Lead and J2EE Architect
- Ecommerce Site- enhancements for Targetted Selling using Content Spaces, Product Promotions and Campaigns, SKUs and Master Catalog Management, Localizatio, Payment Gateway integration.
- Design, implement and maintain business enterprise solutions and e-commerce applications using Java, J2EE technologies, XML, Object Oriented Design, Bea Weblogic Portal, Workshop, Web Services, SOAP, WSDL and Oracle
- Liaise with project teams to assess system requirements and recommend enhancements
- Perform data migration, system deployment, performance tuning, load balancing and cluster configuration.
- Develop User Interface for enterprise applications using JSP, NetUI, JSTL, Struts, Custom tags, JQuery and AJAX
- Perform database development including batch operations, stored procedures, normalized table designs, sequences and triggers
- Cluster configuration of Weblogic servers, Akamaize site, F5 load balancer configuration
- Debug production issues and fine tune production systems
- Develop Faceted filtered search/ Enterprise search module for the portal using Lucene / Solr search engine
- Implement product experiences using UI- libraries such as Prototype, JQuery, Ajax and Flex
- Implement product catalog using Pageflow controllers, NetUI pages, JQuery, Solr and CMS
- Develop batch jobs to create XML documents for search indexing
- Develop store locator modules using spring MVC, Quartz on Oracle DB
- Search engine optimization (SEO) and Google analytics tracking for portal
- Debugging server side code (JPF controllers) and client side scripts ( JS / Ajax)
- Implement Single Sign-On that allows registered users to seamlessly login to various vendor sites from benjaminmoore.com
- Implement user segmentation, entitlements, campaigns and content delivery using Weblogic Portal
- Implemented SOA using webservices to integrate portal with vendor for co-op advertising
- Integrate modules from portal to Opengraph, Google plus and social networks
- Developed and designed various modules of Mobile friendly website http://m.benjaminmoore.com using JQuery mobile, HTML 5 and Struts/Hibernate
- Design and implement email marketing campaigns using Silverpop APIs and Master lists
Environment: Java 5, Weblogic portal 9.2, Oracle 9i, Webcenter Sites 11gr1(Fatwire), Webcenter Portal 11gr1, JDeveloper 11gr1
- Design, implement and maintain business enterprise solutions applications using Java, J2EE technologies, XML, Object Oriented Design, Bea Weblogic Portal and Workshop
- Perform system architecture for J2EE applications using Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Development of Compensation, Taxation and Benefits calculation Application (STACI) for Tokyo users using Hibernate and Struts
- Implementation of Server side components using standard Java Design patterns, OR-mapping using Hibernate and presentation layer using Display tag, Core tags and Struts.
- Development of rent component calculation engine for Tokyo users
- Creation of autosys scheduled daily jobs using perl for loading employee population to STACI
- Enhancements to CTC Calculation engine for Compensation system using hibernate
- Reporting for CTC components using Business Objects
- Support and maintenance of CRS web application for compensation accounting system
- Maintenance of SQRs for RSU and Options system
- Build automation using Ant
- Implemented TRP portal using MVC architecture, Spring, JSP & Java beans.
- Involved in development of services based architecture utilizing open source technologies like Hibernate ORM and Spring Framework.
- Designing and coding of Action classes and Business Layer and DAO Classes and wired them using Spring Framework.
- Integrated spring (Dependency Injection) among different layers of an application.
- Worked on Persistence layer from simple DAO to Spring/Hibernate.
- Created and maintained the configuration of the Spring Application Frameworks IOC Container.
Environment: Java 5, Tomcat, Sybase
- Designed, developed, implemented and maintained business enterprise solutions using IBM Visual Age, Sybase, IBM AIX, Eclipse, CVS, WAS and Kerberos.
- Created Servlet based workflow application on IBM visual age for Java.
- Developed domain classes and business layer using IBM Visual Age Persistence (VAP)
- Dynamic generation of Views from Servlets using framework for html view generation
- Maintenance, enhancement and bug fixes for various business modules
- SQL programming, creation of stored procedures on Sybase
- Creation of jsp-based custom reports as per requirements
- Refactoring of code and writing highly modularized code using polymorphism
- Migration of development environment from Visual age to Eclipse
- Deployment and Testing of application on IBM Geronimo Server
- Deployment and Testing of application on IBM Websphere Application Server 5.1
- Optimization of SQL queries to improve the performance of reports
- Migration of code repository from IBM VAJ to CVS
- Prototyping for migration of Visual Age Persistence layer to Hibernate
- Interaction with end users to provide user support
- Eclipse plug-in configuration for creating Runtime Test Environment for Apache Geronimo
Environment: Java, VAP, Servlets, Eclipse, CVS, Sybase, WAS 5.1, IBM AIX 5.1, Kerberos
Senior Software Developer
- High Level Design of a message driven (works as client to a webservice) application using Rational Rose
- Developed MDBs and other java utility classes
- Implementation of loosely coupled multi tier application as per the design
- Implemented modules for guaranteed message delivery using JMS/MQ
- Implemented modules for XML to Java binding using JAXB
- Development of the project by adhering to coding standards
- Involved in code review, walk through and Junit testing for each components of the system
- Preparation of test cases for unit testing and system testing
- Implemented logging module using Log4j and alerting module for Tivoli systems
- Configuration of the application to talk with the MQ cluster and setting up message attributes
- JSP design using JSTL tags and Custom tags
Environment: Java, JSP, MDB, Servlets, J2EE technologies on WSAD 5.1, CVS, Oracle 9i, Websphere MQ 6.0, Red Hat AS 2.1
Java Weblogic Developer
- Designed workflows showing B2B capabilities of Weblogic using JCA adaptors for weblogic
- Involved in configuration of adaptors to talk to various rdbms systems like Informix, DB2, Sybase, Pointbase and Oracle 9i
- Configuration of SAP, PeopleSoft and Siebel adaptors on Weblogic
- Configuration of Format adaptors like ISO15022 and Swift adaptors for bank business transactions
- Configuration and testing of Corba adaptor for IONA E2A ASP 6.0
- Creation of Services and Synchronous/Asynchronous Events using Java process definitions in weblogic
- Xquery and Xml Beans were used to map user defined input to Enterprise System specific input
- Testing Workflows on HP-UX 11, IBM AIX, Red Hat Linux AS 2.1 and Sun Solaris platforms
- Development of functional modules of Http Adapter for WLI 8.1
- Tested synchronous and asynchronous workflows simulation business flows using Workshop
- Setup of One Way and Two SSL for Weblogic applications
Environment: BEA Weblogic Server 8.1, BEA Weblogic Workshop 8.1, HP-UX 11, IBM AIX, Red Hat Linux AS 2.1, Sun Solaris, Sun Hot spot JVM, IBM JVM, Jrockit JVM