- Extensive experience as a programmer/analyst in the real estate, insurance, manufacturing and retail industries. Upgraded systems, customized enterprise resource systems (ERP), performed integration and system conversions. Flexible, cooperative, patient and calm. Very proficient in customizing and maintaining and writing conversion programs for ERP software (15 years of J.D Edwards, 7 years of PRISM and KRONOS)
Proficient in: RPGIII/IV/ILE/Free, Control Language and COBOL
Familiar with: Fortran, Java, XML
Database: DB2/400, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access
Platforms: AS400/iSeries, Microsoft Windows® 2000, NT, XP
ERP and other Systems: JD Edwards, PRISM, KRONOS TimeKeeping,EDI (Inovis)
Report Writers: BCD EZ - Pickins, BCD Catapult, BCD Spool Explorer, Showcase Strategy, Crystal Reports, BCD Sequel Viewpoint, DataImport.
Others: CGIDEV2, Websphere, DBU, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Project, Visio, CreatePrint and CreateForm; SoftLanding TurnOver, Aldon Harmonizer and Analyzer, Hawkeye Pathfinder, Faxstar, ROBOT Scheduler, ACMS Lifecycle
- AS/400 Support for Prism and JD Edwards World
- Wrote all programs for the scanner gun and redesign some screen programs to make it run in a scanner gun to production lines, movement of products from one location to another.
- Designed and created the Telecommunication System where invoice data from telecommunication vendors (Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, etc) come through EDI (Gentran) and automatically created vouchers and journal entries in JD Edwards. This also provided a visibility of employees' usage of phone lines assigned to them for managament.
- Does all other assignments from the manager every now and then (like writing small reports, ad hoc screen progrmas, etc.)
- Assigned to projects for new Systems in the AS400
- Assigned to the new Project Verizon Acqusition. Played an important role in this project: wrote several programs that became the backbone and critical points of the whole system (an xml parser that produced the main file for data for processing in the all parts of the project, wrote all the programs to write the XMLs to be sent back to the various requesting URLs (firm order confirmation xml, billing notice xml, provisioning completion notice xml, rejects xml, cancellation notice xml, TOS2USOCS xml, etc)
- Supports and maintains the JD Edwards’ World v. A7.3 Distribution and Sales, Financial (G/L, A/R and A/P)
- Writes/Maintains/Supports Interfaces to JDE and the POS systems (ex. processing of daily stores sales and posting to the G/L).
- Daily user systems support. This called for talking intensively with users to define what they need, come up with a possible solution to their need, construct the solution, define the test metrics, let them test the solution, let them approve it and then implement the solution. Uses skills in system designs, programming and using several software tools (BCD EZPickins and BCD Catapult, Help Systems ROBOT and other tools available to create reports and/or automatically emailing to Executives, Regional Managers, Vendors, Customers, etc.).
- Writes/Maintains/Supports Interfaces to E-Commerce website (processing of orders and sends down data to the Warehouse Management System, sending back order status to the website, sending product data, inventory levels, etc to the website)
- Writes/Maintains/Supports Interfaces to EDI System
- Does other duties assigned by Manager.
- Supports and maintains the JD Edwards’ World v. A7.3Job Costing, Financial (G/L, A/R and A/P), Property Management, Asset Management.
- Maintains/Codes Interfaces between JD Edwards Modules in World v. A7.3. and other software including EZ-Pay (for AP Check printing), payroll, wire transfers data to BofA, etc.
- Undertakes several conversions of data from/to JD Edwards World v. A7.3 and the AS400 to other software/platforms (i.e. Oracle, MS Excel, etc.)
- Uses SoftLanding’s Turnover for Change Management tool.
- Maintains Document Imaging Software for A/P, Property Tax and Property Management using IBM Content Management and Ascent Capture
- Takes annual disaster recovery test at a Sungard hotsite.
- Assists Director to implement Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in the iSeries database/security.
- Assists JD Edwards World v. A7.3 users in the proper use of the system. Solves user problems as they come along.
- Daily user systems support. This called for talking intensively with users to define what they need, come up with a possible solution to their need, construct the solution, let them test the solution and let them approve it and then implement the solution. Uses skills in system designs, programming and using several software tools (BCD EZPickins and BCD Catapult, Help Systems ROBOT, Showcase Strategy. etc) to create reports and JD Edwards CASE for file updates, new file creations, etc
- EDI: Positive Pay system format file using JDE Data according to BofA File Formatting. FTP the file to the PC and use the internet to send data to BofA.
- For R&D, configured the AS/400 HTTP server (using CGIDEV2 and Websphere in the AS400) and re-coded some self-written screen programs to web-enable them based on CGIDEV2 programming.
- Participated in the software upgrade of JD Edwards from A6.2 to A7.3. Regularly did the Cum upgrades until the present Cum 9
- Installed Code400 and VARPG software on the desktop for testing and self use.
- Assists the Director in the quarterly AS/400 system maintenance (installs operating system upgrades, PTFs, new license programs, etc.)
- Maintains vendor software to make sure that they work in our environment and that the installed version is up to date.
- Supported the daily operation of the AS/400;
- Maintained the existing local systems: Crew Scheduling, Payroll, Sick Pay Systems, General Ledger and Sub Ledgers, Cost Accounting, Finished Goods, Raw Materials and Packing systems, Shipping/Warehouse Systems.
- Supported the local use of and local interfaces to the Corporate common systems: PROS (Purchasing, Receiving and Ordering system), Corporate Inventory Accounting system, Quality Control Systems, etc.
- Supported and maintained PRISM (Marcam’s): Resource Planning, Management, etc.
- Developed, installed and maintained the Barcode System: Sending data from/To the production floor from/to the AS400, from the shipping department from/to the AS400, using barcodes, scanning guns and RF signals.
- Acted as the only support person for the AS400 for the San Leandro plant for about 2 years, thereby, acting also as the sole IS contact person for the Plant.
- Took charge of the AS/400 model upgrade from B50 to Model 310;
- Took bi-annual disaster recovery test for AS/400.
- Acted as the backup person for the PC and Network Support
- Participated in the conversion of all systems from the System/38 to native AS/400. Also played a major role in overseeing the parallel runs between the AS/400 and the System/38.
- Used Aldon’s Harmonizer and Analyzer as change management tools. .
- Specifically took charge of the conversion of the G/L and A/P Systems, Premium Accounting System; Supported the Computer Associates’ General Ledger and Accounts Payable Systems which are all coded in COBOL.
- Responsibilities includes coding interfaces between these systems and other systems in the AS/400, installing upgrades, insuring integrity of data, etc.
- Participated in the major redesign of the entire insurance system which includes design, coding and testing the new system’s database and the design, coding, testing and implementation of the new Pricing System.