- Devops and Cloud professional with over 9+ Years of experience in the IT industry in all phases of SDLC like Analysis, Design, Development, Deploying, Testing and Maintenance of various applications with Configuration Management, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) on cloud platforms like GCP, Amazon Web Services with strong technical knowledge on Terraform and Containerization.
- Experience in Designing, Architecting and implementing scalable cloud - based web applications using AWS and GCP.
- Set up a GCP Firewall rules in order to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Experience in providing highly available and fault tolerant applications utilizing orchestration technologies like Kubernetes and Apache Mesos on Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in Blue/green deployment strategy by creating new applications which are identical to the existing production environment using Cloud Formation templates & Route53 weighted record sets to redirect traffic from the old environment to the pristine environment via DNS.
- Experience in working with AWS Code Pipeline & creating Cloud Formation JSON templates to create custom sized VPC & migrate a production infrastructure into an AWS utilizing Code Deploy, Code Commit, OpsWorks.
- Experience in configuring serverless applications by using AWS Lambda with API, S3 frontend, Kinesis Data Stream and Data Firehouse, RDS services for data transition under CloudWatch and Cloud Trail monitoring.
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, VPC, EBS, Auto Scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Security Groups and Redshift etc.
- Expertise in using Python by using modules like Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible & Terraform for tasks like encrypting EBS volumes, backing AMIs, scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Extensive knowledge on creating Terraform templates to handle cross-cloud dependencies and managing the orchestration to build large-scale multi-cloud infrastructures.
- Automated the implementation of VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets by using Terraform and used Terraform to provision virtual networks, VM Scale sets, Load Balancers, NAT rules.
- Expertise in writing Ansible Playbooks from scratch using YAML functions and utilizing the setup to automate the CI/CD pipeline and deploy microservices. Provisioning load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for microservices using Ansible and knowledge on Ansible Tower.
- Experience in installing Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, writing Recipes, Cookbooks, using Chef-server, Managing On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Experience in creating Puppet Manifests and modules to automate system operations. Worked on installation and configurations of Puppet Agent, Puppet Master and deployed Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Knowledge on deployments in Kubernetes, creating local clusters, managing Kubernetes charts using Helm. Creating reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managing manifest files, releases of Helm packages.
- Experience in working on cluster management on Kubernetes to create Pods, Nodes, and deploying microservices pulled from the Docker Registry and managed by Kubernetes.
- Extensive working knowledge on Docker Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Swarm, Docker Container network, creating Image files primarily for middleware installations & domain configurations. Evaluating Kubernetes for Docker Container Orchestration.
- Hands on experience in installing and administering CI/CD tools like Hudson, Jenkins, Sonar, Bamboo and building end to end CI/CD Pipelines using Jenkins and push build artifacts to Nexus using Nexus Artifactory plugin. Used Jenkins with SonarQube to get the better quality of the Source code.
- Experienced in Shell Scripting using Bash, Perl, Yaml, PowerShell and Python to automate system administration jobs and creation of startup and shutdown scripts, Crontabs, file system maintenance and backup scripting that consume REST API services.
- Knowledge of Kibana and ELK Stack (Elastic search, Log Stash and Kibana) and implementing a centralized logging system using log stash to monitor system logs, AWS CloudWatch, VPC Flow logs, Cloud Trail Events.
- Proficient in building deployable Artifacts (war, jar, ear, zip, tar, exe) from source code and maintained by using Maven, Ant, Gradle and worked with Groovy Scripts to Automate Configuration in Jenkins.
- Knowledge on setting up automatic compile, package, test, build and deploy .NET, J2EE, SOA & Micro services Architecture Environment (NodeJS, .Net Core, Zookeeper, Kafka, Redis) applications to Web Sphere, Nginx, Tomcat, WebLogic, IIS and JBoss Application Server.
- Experience in working with different monitoring tools like Nagios, ELK stack, Dynatrace, Datadog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Kafka and Splunk to monitor infrastructure, detecting network outages and protocol failures.
- Hands on experience in branching, tagging & build/release strategies using SCM tools like Subversion, GIT, Bitbucket and maintained build packages using Team Foundation Server (TFS) on Linux & Windows platforms.
- Experience in using tools like JIRA for ticketing, Integrating JIRA into Splunk Enterprise and Bug Reporting for product through JIRA. Worked with different Bug tracking tools like Code Commit, JIRA, Bugzilla.
- Proficient in installing, configuring, performance tuning of Database Servers such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB and ElastiCache. Maintained and performed required DB tasks and user management.
- Experience with Cloud Platform and VMware Technologies along with using Virtual box, Vagrant for multiple operating systems on one desktop and cross platform guests and hosts including Windows, Linux and Solaris.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, DNS network, load balancing, firewalls. Expertise in Installing and Managing LDAP, NIS, NIS+, NFS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, DNS etc.
Cloud Platforms: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Open Stack, PCF
Container Tools: Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Rancher
Version Control Tools: GIT, BitBucket, GitLab, Github, SVN, TFS
Deployment Tools: Ansible, Ansible Tower, Puppet, Chef, Saltstack.
Web/Application Servers: Apache 2.x,3.x, JBOSS, Tomcat, Web Logic (8/9/10), Nginx, Web Sphere 4.0/5.0, IIS.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Dynatrace, ELK, EFK, Kafka, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus, NewRelic.
Testing & Ticketing Tools: Selenium, SonarQube, Jira, ServiceNow, Junit, Jmeter.
CI & Build Tools: Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins, Gitlab CI/CD, Maven, Ant, Gradle.
Languages: C, C++, C#, .Net, Java, J2EE, Node JS
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, DynamoDB, Cassandra, MS SQL Server, MongoDB
Repository Management: Nexus, Jfrog Artifactory
Virtualization: VMware ESX/ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Vagrant, Virtual box.
Operating System: Unix, Linux, RHEL (4.x, 5.x, 6x), Ubuntu (16/14/13/12), CentOS, Windows Server 2003/2008
Networking/protocol: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, ICMP, SMTP, DHCP, OSPF, BGP, LDAP and UDP.
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Configured/Setup deployments to deploy different application components into Linux VMs for different environments using Ansible playbooks, Jenkins and Ansible Tower.
- Setup Docker images to build Application and Database images for running Docker containers in GCP Linux VMs.
- Worked on google cloud platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver for monitoring and cloud deployment manager.
- Implemented Jenkins pipelines using Groovy scripts and Ansible playbooks to Spin up and Tear down GCP VM environments daily automatically.
- Designed and implemented cloud migration strategy to GCP cloud for a business-critical application.
- Created projects, VPC's, Subnetwork's, GKE Clusters for different environments using Terraform.
- Setup GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Created clusters in Google Cloud and managed the clusters using Kubernetes. Using Jenkins to deploy code to Google Cloud, create new namespaces, creating docker images and deploying docker containers in Google Cloud VMs.
- Created Terraform templates for provisioning virtual networks, VM Scale sets, Load balancers and NAT rules and used Terraform graphs to visualize execution plans using the graph command. Used Terraform to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create different environments.
- Successfully integrated Code Quality, Code coverage and Testing tools like SonarQube, Jacoco, Veracode, Junit into CI build process.
- Facilitated and Implemented Gitflow branching strategy for managing multiple releases successfully.
- Implemented Gitlab CI/CD for different Java, Python and node.js applications for Continuous builds and deployments using Maven, SonarQube, Junit, Veracode, Nexus, and Ansible, running on Java, Node and Ansible Gitlab runners.
- Supported/Co-ordinated production releases with Chanage Management best practices in ServiceNow for multiple production releases.
- Developed Ansible playbooks, inventories and custom playbooks in YAML, and encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower and implemented IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence which can work on different servers.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks with Python SSH as a wrapper to manage configurations and the test playbooks on GCP instances using Python. Used the Ansible Galaxy, a shared repository for the roles to download, share and manage the roles.
- Created custom Docker Images and worked on building Docker Image from base image using Dockerfile. Worked on all major components of Docker like Docker Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry, Docker Swarm etc.
- Managed/Administered Jenkins infrastructure with VM nodes and Docker cluster supporting multiple applications for various environments.
- Provided user support and guidance with Gitlab access requests, merges and Jenkins builds.
- Automated gitlab release branch creation, daily merges between release and main branches using Jenkins pipelines in Groovy and interfacing with Gitlab API.
- Supported AppDynamics for application logs monitoring for backend and web applications.
Environment: GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Gitlab, Docker, Jenkins, Groovy, Java, Angular JS, Git, Yaml, Kubernetes, ELK, SonarQube, Shell, Bash, Python, Oracle DB, Cassandra, Tomcat, Nginx, Linux, VMware, VirtualBox, Windows server 2012/2016, MS Office Suite, Service Now, JIRA, Grafana
Confidential, Maryland Heights, MO
DevOps & Cloud Engineer
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) configuring various AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SQS, EFS, CloudFront, VPCs and EBS etc.
- Written Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code (IaaS).
- Configured AWS VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) and database subnet groups for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS in Aurora DB cluster.
- Created S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS by implementing life cycle management to use S3 efficiently.
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts, and AWS Lambda using java to perform event driven processing. Created Lambda jobs and configured Roles using AWS CLI.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and servers/storage using AWS CloudWatch. Created CloudWatch dashboards for monitoring CPU utilization, Network In-Out, Packet In-Out and other parameters of the instances and notified them using SNS.
- Used AWS IAM to grant permissions to users and groups for accessing AWS resources. Worked on connecting Redshift database and Databricks. Also set up SAML single sign on authentication to Databricks.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform & AWS Cloud formation.
- Used Kubernetes backed infrastructure to run microservices in production environments deployed on Kubernetes clusters and developed Kubernetes templates for multitude of applications.
- Validated deployments in Kubernetes by establishing a local development workflow that used Minikube and implemented Kubernetes interface by creating RESTful API's to read, delete, store and update bucket information on Kubernetes Console.
- Created multiple isolated Docker projects and related test environments such as QA, test, UAT on a single host using Docker compose tool. Created Docker Registry for test images. Stored Docker images in Docker hub to share with others.
- Created Docker Images & Docker Containers using Terraform Scripts. Used these containers for branching purposes & deployed with Amazon Elastic Beanstalk.
- Configured Chef Environment attributes such as default and overrides to specify the node settings. Configured Chef Kitchen to automatically test Chef Cookbook data across any combination of platforms and test suites.
- Defined Chef Cookbook recipes in Domain Specific Language (DSL) format to provide the desired configuration of the node.
- Used Ansible as Configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, proactively manages change and well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules, and roles.
- Used Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Maintained and executed build scripts using Maven and ANT by coordinating with development and quality assurance teams in Linux and Windows Environments. Developed Maven Build Scripts based on the requirements.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with Artifactory repository based on polling the GIT source control system and resolving update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Written custom data source backend for Grafana to enable dashboard templates leveraging the SaltStack API. Migrated old LAMP stack build/deployment portal into containers, simplified its operation and maintenance using InfluxDB and Grafana.
- Deployed and configured ElasticSearch, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda AWS Cloud Watch, VPC Flow logs, Cloud Trail Events, changes in S3 etc.
- Responsible for performing tasks like Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control using Git. Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repo.
- Created visualizations, Dashboards in Kibana. Configured Kibana Watcher for automatic generation of Kibana reports. Used Splunk for log analyzing and improving the performance of servers. Wrote several custom Splunk queries for monitoring and alerting
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hardware status. Experienced in working with Ticketing & Tracking Tools like JIRA, Remedy, and ServiceNow.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, ELK, Grafana, Yaml, PowerShell, Splunk, Gitlab, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, Groovy, Python, Bamboo, Git, Github, Maven, Jira.
Confidential, New York, NY
DevOps & Cloud Engineer
- Configured Simple Storage Service (S3) Buckets for EBS backed Snapshots and versioning for data backups and leveraged AWS cloud as an extension of the corporate datacenter by creating a VPN connection between corporate datacenter and Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) using Customer and Virtual Private Gateways.
- Build, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of the VPC networking in a cross-domain, including VPC peering, limits and pricing and architects within AWS cloud populated by infrastructure, platform, and application services that share common security and interconnection and AWS Lambda and AWS config.
- Worked on designing and deploying a multi-tier application utilizing almost all of the main services of the AWS stack (like EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Route 53, Lambda and Cloud Formation) focused on high - availability, fault tolerance environment.
- Written Terraform scripts to automate AWS services which include ELB, CloudFront distribution, EC2, database security groups, Route 53, VPC, Subnets, Security Groups, and S3 Bucket and converted existing AWS infrastructure to AWS Lambda deployed via Terraform and AWS CloudFormation.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Developed automation scripts for provisioning, configuring, Managing EC2 Instances, cloud deployments using Ansible playbooks which are the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration. Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, templatize Kubernetes manifests, provide a set of configuration parameters to customize the deployment and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Used Docker for virtualization, run, ship, and deploy the application securely to fasten the build/release engineering and used Kubernetes in managing and monitoring the cluster.
- Implemented the automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAMs and used the CodePipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Created Docker Images & Docker Containers using Terraform Scripts. Used these containers for branching purposes & deployed with Amazon Elastic Beanstalk.
- Written multiple Chef Cookbooks in Ruby script Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for better environment management. Setup Chef Server, workstation, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Configured ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Log Stash to output data to AWS S3 and reduced Elasticsearch disk space usage by 66% by automating Elasticsearch maintenance using Jenkins.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Chef to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Developed build used Maven as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments. Working with setting up of Continuous Integration processes with build, release, and test. Utilized internal tools and Jenkins tools to perform and implement Continuous Integration processes.
- Worked with Analytics Infrastructure team to develop a stream filtering system on top of Apache Kafka. Worked with application teams to install operating systems with Hadoop updates, patches, Kafka version upgrades as required.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, Branches, Merges, and the access control strategies and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks. Used tools like JIRA, IBM ClearQuest for bug tracking and ticketing.
- Developed PowerShell scripts to automate the project creation, setting permissions for users, groups in TFS. Developed automation scripting in Python using Chef to deploy & manage Java applications across Linux/Windows servers.
Environment: AWS, S3, VPC, Cloud trail, AWS lambda, Route53, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Watch, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Kafka, Python, Puppet, Network Protocols, Virtualization, GIT, Jira, ELK, Terraform, Subversion, SSH.
Confidential, Dover, NH
Build & Release Engineer
- Proficient in using all Amazon Web Services including EC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB. Worked with a team in on-premises to Cloud Migration to AWS.
- Experience in AWS, which included managing applications in the cloud and creating instances using EC2 and integrating various AWS services like ELB, S3, RDS, API Gateway.
- Worked on Jenkins extensively for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments. Set up Continuous Integration for major releases in Jenkins.
- Expertise in setting up Upstream & Downstream Jobs Jenkins server and built jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the GIT SCM during the day and periodically scheduled the builds overnight to support development.
- Created and managed CI/CD pipelines, web hooks & workflows using Jenkins, Maven, Git to improve the efficiency and release bug free / highly effective applications to the end users and did Code coverage analysis using SonarQube. Run quality checks using SonarQube.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for the purpose of Continuous Integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Helped team move Cron Jobs/Scheduler to Jenkins & configure jobs and maintained over 350+ jobs in Jenkins for different Application teams. Involved in assisting the QA team in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on WebLogic/JBoss Application Servers.
- Developed build and deploy scripts using Gradle and initiated them using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Developed Parallel tasks using Worker API and used Gradle dependency management system to deploy snapshot & release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects
- Performed upgrades to applications using Puppet manifests. Used Puppet to make sure all the Jenkins slaves are in sync. Developed and implemented an automated Linux infrastructure using Puppet.
- Performed the automation using Puppet Configuration management. Wrote Puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and expertise in Puppet Administration and Puppet Web tools for deploying consistent infrastructure code, Profile and Class level across multiple environments.
- Developed various scripts in Python, Bash Scripting and PowerShell to perform different automation tasks for continuous integration and delivery of code. Working with Development teams to resolve the deployment in higher environments.
- Analyzed and resolved complications and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code using Git. Performed migration of the source code from Apache Subversion (SVN) to Bitbucket.
- Expertise in load balancing & monitoring with Nagios & Splunk. Collaborated with internal teams to integrate data feeds to a centralized Splunk platform.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA and used BugZilla tool for bug-reporting.
- Used Expertise in deploying the code through web application servers like WebSphere/ WebLogic/ Apache Tomcat/ JBOSS.
- Secured MongoDB using authentication and configuring, implementing and supporting High Availability with Load balancing cluster of MongoDB consisting TB’s of data.
- Responsible for the installation of CentOS Linux for the build environment in Virtual Box. Managing all types of installation and upgrade on Linux servers, Installed and maintained CentOS and Linux Red Hat Servers.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Hudson, Maven, Active Directory, Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, Puppet, Nagios, Splunk, RedHat, CentOS Linux, Shell Scripting, Python Scripting, Powershell,Cron Jobs, MangoDB.