- Over 7 Years of IT Experience as DevOps/ Agile operations, Linux Administrator, Build/Release Management, Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Experienced in working on version control systems like Subversion and GIT, clear case, Stash used Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, Stash, SourceTree, Git Bash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Experience in working with continuous integration using Jenkins. In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM). Expertise with configuration management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible. Worked in SCM tools - Chef and Ansible for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Experience in writing Infrastructure as a code (IaC) in Terraform, Azure resource management, AWS Cloud formation. Created reusable Terraform modules in both Azure and AWS cloud environments.
- E xperienced in Kubernetes and Ingress/Egress/Multi-tenancy use cases.
- Experience in using Build Automation tools and Continuous Integration concepts by using tools like ANT, Jenkins, Teamcity, QuickBuild, Build forge and Maven.
- Experience in Configuring and deploying to Application servers WebLogic and WebSphere. Develop and configure of Continuous Integration (CI) scripts for releases and Enhancing/Maintaining to suite the request from teams across the organization.
- Experienced with Handling Cloud environments (AWS and OpenStack).
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT, Maven, Shell and Perl scripts. Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and can work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Source code management Tools: GIT, Github
CI Tools: Jenkins, OpenStack
Version Tools: ClearCase, SVN, GIT, Perforce, TFS
Continuous Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Dynatrace
CM Tools: Chef, Ansible
Web technologies: Servlet, HTML, Java Script, XML, AWS, EC2, RDS, Elastic search
CM Tools: Chef, Ansible
Languages: C, C++, Perl scripting, Shell scripting, Java
Database: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MY SQL, DB2
Operating Systems: RHEL5/6/7, SLES 11/12, Solaris 9/10, Centos 5/6/7, Windows 2007,2008-R2/2012-R2/2016
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Atlassian
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, GCP, Open stack, Docker
Sr. DevOps Engineer-Cloud
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like developments QA and production.
- Used Chef to configure and mange infrastructure. Wrote cookbooks to automate the configuration setups.
- Migration development using Python machine learning (regression) libraries for application migration from SAS/C++ to Python.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, VM Role, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Azure Portal.
- Worked with an agile development team to deliver an end-to-end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open-source environment using chef and Jenkins to get the job done.
- Involved in analysis phase (Identity 2 and 3 tier patterns based on existing infra), writing Ansible scripts.
- Automated the processes using PowerShell and windows command shell.
- Worked on creating deployment scripts using PowerShell and automated multiple daily maintenance tasks using PowerShell
- Responsible for automated identification of application server and database server using chef cookbooks.
- Hands on compiling builds using pom.xml and build.xml, Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Hudson for automating the build processes.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in open stack cloud, integrating it with chef, migrating the application using Maven as build tool.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Assisted end-to-end release process from the planning of release content through to actual release deployment to production.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to the Apache Tomcat server and configured it to host the websites.
- Responsible for implementing monitoring solutions in Ansible, Terraform, Docker, and Jenkins.
- Automate Datadog Dashboards with the stack through Terraform Scripts.
- Write terraform scripts from scratch for building Dev, Staging, Prod and DR environments.
- Extensive experience in setting up the CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, Terraform and AWS.
- Deploying windows Kubernetes (K8s) cluster with Azure Container Service (ACS) from Azure CLI and Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and Octopus Deploy.
- Deployed application packages on to the Apache Tomcat server. Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams.
- Identified the Data Source and defining them to build the Data Source Views.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT according to the build life cycle.
Environment: ANT, MAVEN, Apache & Tomcat, shell & Perl scripting, Python, Terraform, Subversion, Jenkins, Hudson, Windows 2000/XP, LINUX, UNIX GIT, GITHUB, Chef.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Setting up the automation environment for Application team if necessary and help them through the process of build and release automation.
- Used MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Designing and developing new back-end services, maintaining and expanding our AWS infrastructure, and providing mentorship to others on my team.
- Develop/capture/document architectural best practices for building systems on AWS.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Setup Jenkins tool to integrate the JAVA project and maintained Jenkins with continuous integration and deployment.
- Developed connectors in Java, python and spark and Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Heavy Shell, Perl, Python, and JSON scripting
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (CHEF).
- Responsible for managing the chef client nodes, chef workstation and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from workstation, used Knife commands.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual process.
- Written multiple cookbooks in chef, implemented environments, roles, databags in chef for better environment management.
- Focused on automation and continuous integration. Automated local development environment using chef.
- Automated setting up server infrastructure for the DevOps services, using chef, Rub, python scripts.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Implemented monitoring solutions with Elasticsearch and Logstash.
- Provision, for deployment, orchestration, and operations across multiple data centers and cloud providers, Core Coverage, Cloud-Specific Infrastructure and Systems and Architecture CloudPlanning
- Troubleshot switch to server and back to the secure Cloud connection.
- Experience designing, implementing or supporting Cloud Infrastructure solutions.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Chef, EBS, and Ops Works.
- Install and configure the Rabbit MQ environment for the Analytics and setup the supervisor for managing process availability.
- Built a control panel for DNS and an api-driven ipv4 authoritative DNS service
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Devel/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Worked on functional and automation of failover testing for core services and third party components like Couchbase
- Involved in SSL Security certificate management for enterprise, maintaining certificates across multiple ssl providers, and integrating certificates into products such as apache, tomcat, AWS-ELB
- Working on Deployment procedures using middleware like Apache Tomcat, creating deploy scripts and setting for the Production Release.
- Worked on the connectivity and Firewall issues for the installation and connectivity of the tools.
- Involved in the troubleshooting the servers.
Environment: JAVA, SVN, GIT, Apache Maven, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Shell Script, SOAP, REST API, Chef, Ansible, Linux, Windows, Atlassian JIRA, Cloud Foundry, Python, Numpy, Perl, AWS, DNS, Docker, Subversion.
- Worked closely with the development team in the design phase and developed use case diagrams.
- Used MAVEN as build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Integrated Maven with shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications.
- Managed the development activities for the multiple server instances by enabling password less SSH communication between the servers.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Setup the Hudson as continuous Integration tool to integrate the Java project.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like development QA, UAT and production.
- Used Perforce for the purpose of software configuration management and source code management.
- Involved in branching and merging of code.
- Expertise building and monitoring software projects continuously with Ci tools like Jenkins and Hudson.
- Automated Build artifacts (jar, war & ear) using continuous integration tools.
- Deployed JAR, WAR & EAR artifacts into the WebLogic servers and Apache servers.
- Carried builds using MAVEN on Java projects and done deployments on various environments.
- Coordinated the resources by working closely with project Managers for the release.
- Worked on the configuration management tool chef for deploying the codes between different environments.
- Used shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Deployed chef agent for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Attend forum for management of release weekly meetings.
- Monitor progression of releases and keep them on track for delivery on planned release date.
- Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at code freeze periods.
- Managing source code, software builds, software versioning and detect tracking on all software maintenance tasks and projects.
Environment: ANT, MAVEN, Apache & Tomcat, shell & Perl scripting, VMWare, Subversion, Jenkins, Hudson, Windows 2000/XP, LINUX, UNIX GIT, GITHUB, Chef.
- Responsible for setup of DEV, SIT, QA and UAT Environments.
- Build and release packages for testing and performed clean builds as per the scheduled release.
- Used Subversion (SVN) for managing files and configurations.
- Responsible for Branching, Tagging and Merging as per the schedule for version control tool.
- Responsible for creating and editing ANT Scripts.
- Deploying newly built code and removal of old code using WebSphere Admin Console.
- Supported Local System Administrators to troubleshoot Configuration Management and Network issues.
- Analysed and recommended hardware and software needs accordingly to the project requirements and conducted installations for the same.
- Documented release builds and source control processes and plans.
- Co-ordinated with development team and QA team for product releases.
- Developed scripts in Perl and Shell scripting for automation of repeated tasks which are susceptible to errors.
- Used Cruise Control for automation and Continuous Integration.
- Deployed the applications to WebSphere Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Used Remedy for issue tracking and monitoring.
Environment: SVN, ANT, Cruise Control, WebSphere, Perl, Shell, JAVA/J2EE, Remedy, OracleDB 10g, Oracle Virtual Box.