- Over 25 years of experience in software design and development.
- Experience includes design and development of applications using C/C++, Java/Java EE and various Web development technologies.
- Projects have included multi - tier web applications, database-driven client/server, and stand alone GUI applications developed on/targeted for UNIX/Linux, Windows and Mac OS environments.
Languages: Java/JavaEE (through Java 7) - EJB3/CDI/JMS/JTA/JPA (Hibernate)/JDBC/JAXB, UNIX C/C++, Visual C++, SQL/Stored Procedures, UNIX Shell Scripting
Database/Data Management: Oracle, MySQL, Informix, MS Access, SQLServer 2K/05, Pervasive, JPA/ Hibernate
Platforms: UNIX Servers/Workstations (Sun/AIX/HPUX/Linux), Windows PC’s, Mac OS X
Application/Web Servers: JBossAS through V7/V8 - Wildfly, Tomcat, Weblogic
IDE’s: Adobe FlexBuilder 3/FlashBuilder 4, Eclipse, JBuilder, Microsoft Visual Studio
Configuration Managements Tools: SVN/Subversion, CVS
Development Architect/Sr. Java/Flex Developer
- Design, development, testing and maintenance of UI and server side code for a platform/framework and associated applications designed to create and manipulate reports based on large sets of consumer related metric data.
- Development of the client code was primarily in Flex/ActionScript for the initial release of the application. Currently development efforts are being migrated to a Java (GWT/Sencha)/HTML5 solution.
- Development of the server side code is Java/JavaEE with Oracle for the persistence layer.
Sr. JavaEE/Flex Developer
- Design, development, testing of a new dashboard product developed in Flex/Java that allows Syniverse customers and internal operations personnel to monitor near-real-time data of 97% of mobile traffic around the globe.
- The goal of the new software is to allow the user to detect and diagnose issues with mobile traffic over the network for Syniverse customers and their roaming partners
- This new dashboard product is being developed in Flex 4 using Swiz for a microarchitecture framework. Interaction with the server side is implemented using BlazeDS/Spring Flex.
- The middleware/server side is implemented using POJO’s and Hibernate.
- Responsible for coding Flex modules that represent individual and aggregated KPI’s in the dashboard application and also integrating modules developed by other developers into the final product for build/deployment.
- Also responsible for development of server side POJO’s in the middleware piece of the application and configuration of these services in Spring Flex.
Sr. JavaEE/Flex Developer
- Design, development, testing and maintenance of new and existing Flex applications using Adobe Flex3/4, ActionSctipt3,
- Cairngorm/Robotlegs microarchitectures for the UI and JavaEE/EJB3 and Hibernate for server side technologies.
- The applications run on JBossAS running on Linux servers and Windows PC’s.
- The applications worked on are part of a suite of workflow management solutions that help production personnel manage high volumes of media resources from recording/ingest to storage/transfer to archiving to editing for on-air play out.
- Responsible for converting Flex 3 applications to Flex 4.
- This conversion process involves tweaking the layout of components, creating new skins for components and various other changes that take advantage of the features new to Flex4 . Also converting applications from Cairngorm to the more up-to-date Robotlegs mircoarchitecture.
- Responsible for creating video player plug-in components in Flex to enable other Flex applications to play/stream video in a wide range of formats.
- Responsible for mentoring other developers in our group that are just starting out with Flex/ActionScript.
- Also step in to help out other developers troubleshoot when Flex applications.
- Responsible for teaching Flex/ActionScript classes not only for developers in our group but also for developers in other groups within the company that have chosen Flex as their RIA solution for UI development.