- Software engineering or development for Java, web business or commerce applications.
- I am seeking a permanent or long - term role as a Java developer supporting menu-driven, data-centric, back-end applications or initiatives in the commercial or public space.
- I have 30 years of increasing responsibility and expertise in the planning, development, design, analysis, implementation, and administration of information systems utilizing database and Client/Server applications involving Oracle, SQL Server, UNIX, Java, JSP, and scripting applications. My experience includes the design of applications for a variety of complex systems supporting commerce, telecom, health, scientific, and business applications with Java (J2EE, Core), Oracle, Apache, WebSphere, and other open source.
- Recent health care contract experience included supporting registration application that utilized RichFaces and JSF front-end components which integrated Ajax controls. This was utilized by the enterprise Java web application I was enhancing for patient registering for tests, diagnosis, and studies.
- I have used Jenkins and JUnit recently for unit testing business logic code and recording test coverage. Used Artifactory, Subversion in web development supporting USPS and NCI on recent projects.
- Application Servers utilized by applications I developed or fixed included Weblogic in AWS Cloud, Websphere, JBoss, Tomcat, with build tools Ant plug-in and Maven command-line.
- All recent contracts and projects utilized Agile Lean methodology and I've participated in Agile
Hardware: HP, Sun, Intel, Mac System Environments UNIX (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc), Linux (RHE, Ubuntu), Windows XP, 7, VMWare
Languages/Software/Technologies: Java 8, J2EE, JSP, EJB, XML, XSLT, XSD, JDBC, JPQL, JQL, PHP, Unix/Linux Shell, Perl, PL/SQL, T-SQL, C/C++/C# ASP.NET
Auth: LDAP, HTTP, SSO (OAuth, SAML)
Modeling: Rational Software Modeler.
CM and Project Support - Jira, Confluence, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Subversion, Team Foundation Server, Agile Scrum, CMMI
Databases/Applications - Oracle 11g, Oracle Application Server, Weblogic, Oracle Portal, SQL Server, MySql, Jakarta, Apache, Xml Parsing (DOM/SAX), Struts, Spring Framework, Hibernate
Big Data - Marklogic, Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark
Application Servers - Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, Weblogic, Oracle Application Server
Tools and IDEs: Eclipse, Rational Software Architect for WebSphere, Toad, Sql Developer, Ant, Maven, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Gradle
Tools (Testing, Integration, Web Services): JUnit, Jenkins, Soap-UI, RestClient, Spring Batch, SonarQube
Tool Knowledge: SIP, Event, Reactive, Spring Boot
Sr. Java Developer
Confidential, Ashburn VA
- Development, enhancements, and fixes in a Java technology stack supporting public sector client's high-availability web and server based applications.
- Work is done in full Agile environment.
- Web framework uses Spring Framework, Apache, JMS, JDO, residing on RHEL Linux production and application development servers.
- SDLC support uses Atlassian tool suite.
- Gradle is used for building server-side repository applications for the web application.
- SonarQube was run on code artifacts prior to every inspection.
Sr. Java Developer
Confidential, Manassas VA
- Backend J2EE development supporting upgrade, enhancement, bug fixes of USPS web application for advanced delivery notification and linking to sponsor/mailer organizations.
- Also developed web-based functionality providing metrics and statistical mailer and consumer data for the customer.
- Jenkins and JUnit were used for unit test code coverage for Java classes, methods, and code handling business logic.
Contract Java Developer
Confidential, Vienna VA
- Developed menus for tutorial feature that was integrated with existing Struts Restful Jersey web service client using Spring Framework with J2EE Java.
- Development performed on AWS Virtual Machines, using Java 8, Eclipse, Tomcat, Weblogic, Oracle, Powershell. This was supporting a government intelligence reporting web application.
- On prior contract responsible for developing web-based payment application for users of a Library of Congress Copyright application which supported enforcement of copyright infringement regulations.
Java Developer and Integration Engineer for short-term projects
Confidential, Rockville MD
- Supporting CDC and FDA developed core-Java and J2EE Java, and Oracle database code supporting data analysis and production applications for vaccine inoculation and public health oversight for Confidential .
- Management tools included Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Stash, Artifactory;
- Use Maven on the Linux server outside of IDE for building the application.
Confidential, Herndon VA
- Performed enterprise J2EE Java development supporting web and back-end applications.
- The web application called HealthBeat provided provided enrollment statistics and on-demand health-care data.
- Installed VMware environment for Big Data development with Hadoop, Spark, Ubuntu, Maven. Reconciliation back-end program used Spring Batch.
- Transactional messaging was in EDI format.
Application and Integration Engineer
Confidential, Chantilly VA
- Developed and enhanced J2EE Java web application using Spring, Hibernate, Oracle 11g supporting Medicare and Medicaid customer/contractor acquisition and management (acquisition, rating, review, evaluation, awarding, etc) activities;
- Involved in full-stack, data and app tier development supporting evolving needs.
- Development included Java J2EE 6-7 using Restful web services, Hibernate, POJOs, Spring MVC, and Struts 2.0 with Oracle 11g backend, Eclipse, Ant, and Subversion. Performed unit test by stubbing.
- Developed Oracle, Hadoop, Linux code to handle big data.
- Represented team in Scrum sessions supporting various Big Data applications.
- Assisted with trouble-shooting Big Data applications using Hadoop, MapReduce, Marklogic.
- Build and management tools included Ant Eclipse Plug-in and Subversion.
Confidential, Edison NJ
- Developed Java J2EE back-end code using Struts 2.0, Spring JDBC, Core, and Oracle 11g to convert customer account management from C/C++ to make the application functional and conform to customer constraints and needs.
- Used Ant Eclipse Plug-in, Subversion, and CVS for source control and build.
- Reverse engineered billing and customer account management applications to support bug fixes and compliance with distributed components.
- Development work followed Agile Lean methodology.
Confidential, Arlington VA
- Developed J2EE Java Restful web application for status reporting using Struts, Tomcat, Hibernate, JSP, Servlets, and Oracle 11g, Rational Software Architect for WebSphere, to include JMS and knowledge - base components.
- Developed server application to diagnose external access of Patent and Trademark databases using Plsql, Shell Scripting, Perl that became customer mainstay.
- Troubleshot Java and dot Net USPTO trademark and patent applications.
Confidential, Arlington VA
- Supporting TSA as a software developer, developing fixes and enhancements to hiring management subsystems utilizing Oracle 11g and ASP.Net technologies, in Agile environment, using Visual Studio, Toad, ClearCase, ClearQuest, SharePoint.
- Developed UML Sequence Diagrams and Class Diagrams supporting J2EE FBI Next Generation Investigative (NGI) web application which supported billing, maintenance of subjects investigative information, biometric information, and interfaces with external systems. Used IBM Rational Software Architect/Modeler, ClearCase, and ClearQuest.
- Developed dot Net web - based system task monitoring application using PHP and MySql to run, schedule, audit, and monitor customer s data center applications on Windows and Solaris using Restful and Ajax. Also developed asset and repair/obsolescence reporting apps with Microsoft Visual Studio, ASP.Net 3.5, and C#.
- Developed J2EE Java code implementing feature for user update and display of EPA catalog of chemical and biological substances.
- Implemented extensive validation functionality, multi-threading capability using Java J2EE in Struts MVC Framework.
- Developed all supporting and related functionality on all tiers from user-interface tier to DAO database access tier, allowing use of Microsoft Excel or XML user input files to be scanned, validated, processed to update Oracle 10g database.
- This feature was integrated into modernized Java Struts menu-based substance public Java J2EE web facing reference and research product developed by the team for the EPA.
- Technologies used included Tomcat, Oracle Application Server 10g, Apache, EJB, JDBC, XERCES, DOM, JAX-P, Ant, and Eclipse.
- Tomcat server used for local deployment and testing and deployment to Oracle Application Server 10g was used for release to production.
- Development also created downstream functionality utilizing SOAP APIs.
- Developed web-based Oracle reports for environmental data registry using Oracle 9i Reports and enhanced Oracle 10g web forms menu to integrate with Oracle Portal.
- Development tools included Eclipse, Ant, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle Application Server, Serena, and Toad.
- Knowledge and exposure of Hibernate, Spring.
- Developed Oracle 10g PL/SQL packages for data migration to new schema supporting new J2EE architecture, raw data validation, and database load for redesign of database-centric research application.
- Debugged newly deployed Oracle Portal EPA web applications.
- Developed Perl and Linux scripts supporting the DBA.