- Over 10 years of experience in Quality Software Assurance (Automation Development) of Web Applications, Client/Server applications and ERP Applications.
- Experience in testing Web applications using Selenium WebDriver, RC, Grid and IDE.
- Writing test driven automation code using Cucumber
- Expertise Knowledge of Java/J2EE technologies like JSP, Servlets, Struts Framework, spring and hibernate
- Worked on Web Service automation testing using SOAPUI
- Possess expert level of understanding of WSDL, XSD, Schema, DTD, XML documents for Web Services Testing hands - on experience in Supporting and Maintaining of J2EE Web applications in production
- Contributed knowledge and expertise in Web applications in Telecom, retail and Government sectors/domains.
- Strong understanding of project life cycle methodology (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum) and procedures in delivering and supporting large complex systems.
- Experience in white box testing, Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Database testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Traced the defects usingJira, Quality Center and Rally.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, STLC and DTLC.
- Experience in assessing testing processes, creating, implementing testing strategies and SQA strategies using Agile-methodology.
- Hands on experience in testing web services SOA applications for security, scalability and high volume transactions.
- Worked on developing and implementing Test Strategy, Master Test plan, Test Data Management, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Executing of Test cases including validation against expected results
- Demonstrated experience in various automation approaches including but not limited to scripting with database validation.
- Strong experience in SQL development including performance and tuning skill-sets.
- High proficiency in Black Box and White Box Testing.
- Experience in QTP for writing scripts using descriptive programming and merging with QC.
- Performed database testing for applications developed with Oracle & MySQL using SQL Developer, SQL*Plus and/or MySQL Workbench.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML files using SoapUI.
- Mentored peers & co-workers in testing and product quality processes, both onsite and offshore.
- Strong analytical skills, capacity for work and diagnostic ability, gathering different kind of projects requirements.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, logical and documentation skills with good team spirit.
- Handled projects under tight deadlines.
- Able to learn and implement new software / features independently with in short time frames.
- Good team player and have ability to work independently in time sensitive environment.
- Excellent Communication skills, Documentation Skills, Team problem solving ability, analytical and programming skills in high speed, quality conscious.
- Ability to self-manage. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work through it to get the right things done. Understands communication channels and escalates appropriately.
- Steep learning curve and strong communication skills with the ability to easily adapt to new technologies and oversee a project from conceptual to development phases successfully
- Excellent working and leading skills on onsite offshore model.
Testing Tools: Selenium, SOAP UI, JUnit, Ant, Quality Center, Cucumber
RDBMS: Oracle 11, SQL Server, MySQL 5
SQL Tools: SQL Developer, SQL*Plus, MySQL Workbench, TOAD, ODBC, JDBC
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, J2EE, L/SQL, HTML, XML
Software Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML, XHTML
Web Services: WSDL,SOAP-UI
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, IBM Websphere
Remote Connectivity: PuTTY
Operating Systems: Windows Seven/Vista/XP/2000/NT, Windows 2008 Server/2003 Server, Unix, Linux, OS/2
Other Tools: Eclipse,Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, JIRA
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
- Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium web driver.
- Designed and Developed automation scripts using Selenium web driver.
- Developed Test scenarios using Gherkin Language( Cucumber Tool)
- Verified requirements coverage by conducting walkthrough meetings of Test plan and scenarios with business analysts, project manager and test supervisors.
- Created Master Test plan, Test strategy, critical scenarios and Test Scripts and schedule for testing.
- Performed necessary requirements inspection, design inspection, Test plan and case creation, Test environment / data setup, testing and reporting during various phases of the Testing life cycle.
- Created traceability matrix and mapped requirements to Test Cases.
- Executed test cases manually to verify the expected results worked with technical designers and architects to understand the requirements for a test environment setup.
- Created scripts for Regression, Security, GUI, Integration and Database testing.
- Interacted with Developers and management to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Conducted GUI, Functional, Front end, back end testing.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Performed back end testing using SQL queries in MS SQL database.
- Created SQL scripts to test the stored procedures by sending different sets of input parameters.
- Ran SQL queries to performed database validation according to the business logic.
- Analyzed root cause for defects and documented.
- Partnered with the Software Development and Program Management teams to investigate and resolve product defects.
- Managed software defect information, interacted with Business users to fix severity and priority of issues.
- Performed both manual and automated Build Verification testing and create dashboards to keep track of released builds and test results.
- Attended daily Scrum Meetings and Participated in weekly project status meeting and updated the testing Progress.
Environment: Agile, Java/J2EE, Oracle,SoapUI, Selenium IDE, Selenium Webdriver, Firebug, Firepath, Xpath.
Java Developer / Automation Test Developer
Environment: Java, Java Script, ASP.Net, HTML, DHTML, XML, XHTML, CSS, XSL, AJAX, WSDL, SOAP, UDDI, DOM, DTD, JSON, XML Schemas, JUnit,, Jira, Oracle 11, SQL, PL/SQL, Apache Http Server, Eclipse IDE, VBScript, QTP 10, Windows 2007
- Analyzed the user/business requirements and functional specifications documents.
- Created Test Cases and Test Scripts for some of the modules of the application.
- Automated all System integrated test scripts using Soapui tool
- Created automated scripts for INSTAR Workflow API, Logical Serivce API’s, Vlan Tag API’s WSDLs using soapui for regression scenarios.
- Developed automated Data Driven scripts to perform negative and positive testing of an application by providing different data.
- Responsible for developing the scripts to support Continuous Integrationof the scripts with the build server.
- Develop the report generation of the results once the scripts are executed
- Used object repositories to join modules and integrated the objects for better coding with objects.
- Used Descriptive programming in QTP to generate tests without using record feature and developed several reusable vbs scripts and libraries.
- Involved in submission of bugs through Defect Reports and frequently participated in DR review meetings with management and developers throughout the QA phase.
- Isolated and simplified problems discovered during testing so that developers can fix them easily.
- Prepared Low Level Design Documents
- Developing JSP, Java Beans, Servlets
- Writing Stored Procedures
- Unit Testing
- Designed and Developed Servlets and JSP pages for authentication
- Developed the different components of application such as JSPs, Servlets, EJB's using Web sphere Studio Application Developer and used CVS for version control.
- Responsible for implementing SQL queries and managingJDBCinteractions with data sources
- Developed various reusable helper and utility classes using Java Beans with Eclipse editor.
- Unit testing
- System Requirements gathering for the project.
- Preparation of the Detailed Design document for the project by developing business process flows, requirements definition, use cases, and object model
- Designed and implemented a GUI framework for Swing. Developers using the framework define
- Creation Test plan. Development and coding of Test classes and Test Cases.