- An established software engineer and production support professional with 14+ years of proven experience integrating technology and business solutions. Leverages a strong ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and programs, ensuring consistency in operations, functionality, quality assurance, IT, service and support functions.
Web/Application Servers: BEA WebLogic8/9, Apache Web Server, IIS, IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat
Database(s): Oracle 10g,11i, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, Sybase
Platforms: Sun Solaris 7,8,9(UNIX), HPUX (UNIX), IBM AIX(UNIX), Windows2003/XP
Additional Technology: IBM MQSeries(middle ware), RedHat Linux, JMS, Eclipse / Sun NetBeans IDE, IME Tumbleweed Secure Messenger, F5 - Big IP Load Balancers, Oracle JDeveloper 10g/11i, CORBA, ANT, STRUTS, Oracle ITG tool, Mercury Test Director, CVS, Microsoft Source Safe, Log4J
HIPAA claims security: 837I, 837P, 837D, TA1, 911
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Software Engineer
- Assisted in troubleshooting, identification and documentation of root cause and resolution.
- Implemented procedures for usage, management and updating of internal and external ticketing systems.
- Executed processes for troubleshooting and resolution of issues and technical defects.
- Supported technical team members in modification of workflows and application views in Confidential Designer.
- Suggested modifications in queries in Confidential Designs to support impact of user interface views.
- Maintained detailed technical documentation such as production run books and other support services.
- Coordinated with technical teams for development and execution of unit testing plans including integration testing.
- Provided technical assistance for management and updating of existing technical documentation.
Sr. Software Engineer & Production Support
- Work closely with the various Testing, Development and DBA teams to review and coordinate new infra changes including version upgrades
- Manage the execution activities for all Infrastructure processes and for supporting the performance tests
- Develop Script and Automation for repeatable installation and configurations utilizing Perl & Java
- Handle escalated issues and provide synopsis/root causes for all UNIX/Linux platforms
- Provide complete documentation of process and procedures
- Participate in 24 x 7 on call delivery support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
Software Engineer & Production Support
- Collaborated cross - functionally with other IT teams internally, effectively addressing and resolving day-to-day production and batch processing issues.
- Effectively monitored and maintained all client file transfer and data processing batch processes.
- Simultaneously managed development and production support tasks for four separate clients, meeting all critical deadlines.
Sr. Software Engineer
- Drove performance by leading a team of five developers while reporting to the Director of Confidential Services.
- Successfully replaced the company’s laboratory system with Java and Perl from an antiquated legacy system architecture.
ERP Application Consultant
- Provided ongoing assistance by building multiple Confidential development environments for production, quality assurance, UAT, performance and system testing, as well as on-call support for all critical production support issues.
- Designed and developed an automated software development tool utilizing Java / XML / Perl that replaced a Mercury ITG Oracle deployment tool for software concurrent versioning tool.
- Played a key role in System, UAT and Performance Testing for the P@ Confidential Foundation Project.
Sr. Technology Consultant
- Produced technical design documents in 100% alignment to all functional design documentation for the FloridaMarketplace.com project.
- Provided real-time backline support for critical production support issues with QA and System Testing environments.
- Reduced product support by $100K by introducing new training modules for the State Department of Florida.
- Provided backline support and technical solutions McAfee Security for problems with Buyer Integration & Analysis, as well as providing knowledge transfer to other e-procurement team developers.
- Facilitated the introduction of a MySQL, cutting the previous database support budget by 20%.
- Designed and develop a web application in Java, J2EE, MQSeries (middle ware) intranet / internet 3 tier architecture for Medicaid and Medicare providers to submit X12 compliance claims transactions.
- Met 100% HIPAA privacy requirements by developing and designing a secure email interface utilizing IME Tumbleweed Secure Messenger API.
- Played a key role in the development and design of applications, including creating web functionality for the CAPS system, providing clients with access to pertinent claim information.
- Developed socket-level interface for the three-tiered standalone software application, Centralized Analysis Production System (CAPS), incorporating Java, JavaWebStart, JDBC, SQL, XML, Sockets and STRUTS.
- Designed and developed a C++ system software validating and transmitting Medicaid claims through a database driven design queue routing system.
- Increased productivity by creating the electronic data exchange internet application in a J2EE architecture environment, allowing users to exchange private information and view claim information over a secure internet production.