- Over 10 years of experience in the IT industry with proven track record as Web Developer, Java EE Developer and WebSphere administrator.
- Proficient in developing applications using Spring Framework, Hibernate, Spring Batch and REST based Web Services.
- Deployed applications on the cloud using Amazon Web Services.
- Well experienced in writing SQL Queries, Stored Procedures using Oracle DB.
- Worked extensively with Quality Assurance team to assist in QA automation.
- Significant experience in using CVS, SVN and Git as source code version control systems.
- Highly skilled in using build and deploy tools - Maven, Bamboo, Jenkins.
- Part of Agile Scrum team actively involved in daily stand-ups, Sprint Planning and Retrospective meetings.
- Proven team player with effective communications skills who works well alone, with little or no supervision, or as part of a group.
- Knowledgeable in Big Data Technologies - Hadoop stack, Apache Spark.
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, Red Hat Linux
Frameworks: Struts, Spring, JBoss Seam, Hibernate
Databases: Oracle, MS-SQL Server, MySQL
Application/Web Servers: WebSphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
Tools: Rational Application Developer, Eclipse, Spring Tool Suite, GitHub, Git, Maven, Ant, CVS, SVN, App Dynamics, Pager Duty
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Senior Java EE Developer
- Worked on several mission critical Spring and JBoss Seam based applications for Content Management Systems group in fast paced Agile environment consistently producing deliverables within strict deadlines.
- Applications: Fetcher, Loader, ConPrep (Content Preparation) and CATS (Content Acquisition and Tracking System)
- Workflow: Publisher content (books, journals) is fetched via Fetcher, loaded into ConPrep via Loader, which goes through a sequence of activities from Documentum Workflow template, and finally persisting the data into CATS via REST based web service requests. This data in turn is provided to the delivery platform of JSTOR which is available to academic users, libraries and universities worldwide.
- Worked on Job Scheduling framework using Spring Batch and incorporated new features to process jobs more efficiently.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services like S3, EC2, RDS, Glacier.
- Coordinated with Product owner, Scrummaster, Dev Team and QA Team consistently to achieve Sprint goals.
- Participated in code reviews, QA reviews, Sprint reviews.
- Performance tuning of applications and servers via App Dynamics and provided 24x7 support using Pager Duty monitoring system.
- Created Change detection framework to provide on-demand and automated data feeds to other systems as and when data is persisted or updated.
- Successfully migrated applications source control repository from Subversion to github and updated build process from ANT to MAVEN as part of migration to AWS Cloud.
- Maintained good practice of documenting standards when new architecture/framework is developed.
- Created Proof of concepts for complex requirements.
- Have been ed Bonusly points regularly for outstanding work in Sprints involving tight deadlines.
Environment: Linux, JBoss App Server, Tomcat Server, Spring, JBoss Seam, Hibernate, Oracle, Documentum, JMS, REST web services, Swagger, Richfaces, JSF, JQuery, JUnit, Mockito, Github, AWS, Maven, Ant, Subversion, XML, JSON, JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence (wiki), LDAP
Confidential, Dover, DE
- Worked at Department of Technology and Information to provide 24x7 support for web based applications deployed on WebSphere Application Server.
- I was the primary point of contact for WebSphere Application Server related issues.
- Successfully completed migration of highly available web applications from legacy app servers to latest WebSphere infrastructure.
- Created and configured WebSphere clusters and application servers.
- Configured Web servers (Apache, IBM HTTP Server) and Reverse proxy servers individually for each web application on Red Hat Linux OS ES 5.3 and SUSE Linux 10 platforms.
- Fine tuned deployment process and efficiently cut down the deployment time by half using automated scripts.
- Created SSL Requests, Self Signed s and configured SSL s from Entrust and Verisign Authorities using OpenSSL and iKeyMan extensively to provide enhanced security to public and private facing applications.
- Coordinated with other departments like Systems Engineering, Tele-communications, Applications Delivery and DBAs regularly to get things done in an efficient manner.
Environment: Red Hat Linux ES 4/5.3, SUSE Linux 10, Windows 2003, IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1/6.0.x, WebSphere MQ 6.0, Apache HTTP server 2.2/2.0, IBM HTTP Server 2.0/6.1, IIS 5/6.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Web/Java EE Developer
- Actively involved in Requirements gathering, application design and development of web applications based on Struts framework for Federal Employee Program personnel.
- Applications: Administrative Cost Management System, Fraud Investigation Management System, Marketing Incentive Program System
- Implemented Façade and Data Access Objects design patterns effectively.
- Created stored procedures for business logic implementation on SQL Server 2005 database.
- Interacted with Business Objects XI developer to generate various reports from the application.
- Performed unit testing using JUnit to validate functionality within the core modules.
- Deployment of applications on WebSphere Application Server.
- Provided production support for the applications.