- A Software Engineer with a masters degree in Computer Science and a solid record creating back - end type systems with associated UIs on Unix/Linux systems.
Database: SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB/Mongoose, Postgres, Sybase, Informix and Data Modeling
Back End: Node.js, Splunk, Java/J2EE, Ruby on Rails, RESTful API and JSON
Front End: HTML, CSS, jQuery, Jade, Ajax, Bootstrap, D3, Responsive Design, AngularJS and X Windows.
Software Development Lifecycle: Various IDEs, Agile, Git/GitHub/Bitbucket, Jira, ClearCase and ClearQuest
Design: OOD, UML (Rhapsody and Visual Paradigm) and Design Patterns
Testing: Mocha/ChaiJS, Familiar with Test Driven Development and Test Automation Frameworks
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Sr. Software Engineer
- Developed full stack web based cyber security key and credential management systems for securing IOT devices. Used Node.js, Express, Linux CentOS, MongoDB, Postgres, Node Async, Rest/JSON, HTML/CSS/jQuery/Jade, Splunk(big data search, monitor and analyzation tool), SAML/Apache/PHP, C/C++, Jira/Bitbucket/Git and Mocha/ChaiJS.
- Web technology study and class attendance including General Assembly's WDI.
Confidential, Beach, CA
- Analyzed, advised and modified open source Ardupilot drone software in C++ and Python on Linux for UAVs yielding a working simulation and a solid understanding of the software.
- Developed solutions for algorithms and other coding practice in C++ and Perl.
- Study and review of related technical skills.
- Led a team in a software effort to measure anti-tampering decryption/cache retention performance with C/C++ on a PowerPC (under both VxWorks and MS Windows) creating a useful report for the customer. Created design artifacts, prototype software and a compelling PowerPoint presentation for a critical design review.
- Developed and integrated software for a sensor test bed, utilizing UML, C/C++, X Windows, Unix scripts, Perl, ClearCase and ClearQuest enabling more accurate data collection for missile defense tests.
- Instructed an introductory Unix course, achieving quick, demonstrable results.
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
- Produced software for satellite broadcast traffic system in C/C++, Java, Unix Shell and Perl scripts.
- Designed, wrote and tested code for ad sales, pay-per-view and broadcast automation interfaces, diligently maintaining uninterrupted, round-the-clock broadcasts on multiple channels.
Confidential, Fullerton, CA
- Created UI, display and related internal processing for an oceanic surface search radar, using Unix, C, X-lib and Tcl/Tk targeted to a VxWorks 68060 platform enabling more safety for mariners.
- Developed and fielded prototype software in C on Unix servers yielding a better understanding of Army field requirements.
- Built software for a real time embedded system and conducted SE process and development planning.
- Contributed to various SQL database projects.