- Over Seven years experience with Java and Object - Oriented Methodologies for wide range of development from Enterprise applications to Web-based applications.
- Extensive Experience in retrieving and manipulating data from backend Oracle, SQL Server, Strong experience in Scrum Methodologies, UML and Test Driven Methodologies and MVC based frameworks like Spring, Struts and Hibernate.
- Experience in Servlets, JSP, Spring MVC, JDBC, EJB (Session Beans (Stateless and Stateful), Entity Beans and MDB (Message Driven Beans)), Custom Tags and JMS. Experience in Threads (Multi threading, Synchronization), RMI, Java Beans.
- Extensive experience in developing GUI using HTML, CSS, Java Script and AJAX, Expertise in XML and developing J2EE Web Services using Axis2.x, JAXWS, WSDL, SOAP and JAXB bindings.
- Experience in implementing Core Java & J2EE design patterns like Singleton, Factory Pattern, Business Delegate, DAO, Session Façade and etc. Experience in configuration and deployment of multi-tier applications using servers like Apache Tomcat 5.x/4.x, WebLogic 7.0/8.1 and WebSphere 6.1/7.0 Application Servers.
- Experience in working with development tools like Maven, JUnit. Extensive Experience to mapping from Java classes to database tables using Hibernate framework. Work with Spring Web, IOC, MVC and DAO Frameworks.
- Skilled at programming in different Java IDE’s like Eclipse. Extensively used Database SQL queries, Functions and Packages for various validation purposes using Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MySQL and SQL Server 7.0.
- Worked on source version control tools like SVN, TFS and GIT.
Languages: C, C++ and Java.
Java/J2EE Technologies: JSP, Servlets, EJB, JSTL, JDBC, MVC, JNDI, JIBX, JMS, SOAP and REST Web Services.
Distributed Technologies: RMI, Web Service, MQ Series, JTA and Design Pattern.
Web Frameworks: Struts2.0, Spring3.0.
Web UI Technologies: HTML 5.0/4.0, DHTML, CSS, XML, XQuery, XSLT, XSD, DTD, XSL, AJAX.
IDE Tools: Eclipse, Spring source tool suite, IntelliJ IDEA and Net Beans.
Database/D.B Languages: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL/ PL-SQL, SQL Server 2005, MySQL and DB2.
Version Controls: SVN, TFS, GIT.
SDLC methodologies: Waterfall and Agile scrum
ORM frame work: Hibernate 3.x/2.x.
Testing Tools: DBUnit, JUnit, TESTNG, Easy Mocking
Web/Application Servers: IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.x/7.0, Web Logic 8.1/7.02/6.1, JBoss and Apache Tomcat 6.x
OOAD Tools: UML Diagrams. Star UML, Ms-Visio, RAD, Rational Rose.
Operating System and Tools: Windows NT/2000/XP/7, UNIX.
- Developed REST based web services using spring web services module.
- Consumed web services from other vendors to retrieve information using Spring Rest Client.
- Designed and developed the application UI using spring web flow MVC frame work.
- Developed and maintained multiple versions of web services by creating corresponding
- Multiple applications with in UHG consume the web services provided by this application.
- Developed Spring MVC controllers to handle the requests coming from UI .
- Deployed the application to web sphere application server using WAS admin console.
- Implemented caching using OSCACHE for the DAO and Service regions.
- Developed DAO objects using Hibernate to interact with database.
- Configured all the error messages and properties using Spring Resource Bundle Message Source.
- Spring AOP declarative transaction management is used to support transactions.
- Defined AOP point cuts and aspects in spring for the transaction management.
- Used JQUERY to perform client side validation in JSP pages.
- Tested the Rest web services using SOAPUI and RESTClient tools.
- SVN is used to check in the source code for the projects.
- AntihillPro continuous integration tool is used to monitor and resolved issues related to builds.
- Logged in to the Unix servers to grab the server logs and monitored after deployment.
- Active in trouble shooting and coordinating the support teams to resolve issues in production.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Followed AGILE Methodologywith SCRUM Meetingsand involved in maintaining Sprint backlogs during thedevelopmentcycles
- Involved in interacting with the Business Analyst and Architect during the Sprint Planning Sessions
- Responsible in designing UML diagrams like: Class and Sequence diagrams during the Analysis and Design phase of the application
- Used Spring MVC (Model View Controller) to handle/intercept the user requests and used various controllers to delegate the request flow to the Backend tier of the application
- Spring AOPis used for Security and Transaction Management.
- Used Spring IOC (Inversion of Control)/DI (Dependency Injection) to wire the object dependencies across the application
- Used various Design Patterns like MVC, Factory, DAO, Singleton while developing the application
- Involved in integrating Spring with Hibernate and delegated the persistence operations using Hibernate Template
- Involved in writing complex HQL, to handle the persistence operations.
- Followed Test Driven Development and was involved in writing JUNIT Test cases which were also used in Integration Testing.
- UsedSQL Developerto query, update and monitor oracle database.
- WroteSQL statementsto create and update database tables.
- Built and deployed the application to various environments using MAVEN Scripts
- Used SVN for version control and used JIRA as defect tracker to track all the QA and Production issues.
- Implemented Exception Handling, Error Handling and Log4j Framework.
- Involved in defect fixing during QA phase of the application.
- Gathered business requirements, authored High Level Design and Detailed Design of each independent module of the project
- Defined XML schemas and developed Java Web Services which enables integration and two-way communication between the Enterprise Servers
- Deployed the application on Weblogic server and configured the server to the application requirements (spring, JMS).
- Developed SOAP-Web services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) consisting of the Internet tier with Web services external to organization, middle tier with Web and Application servers and Database tier with Database servers.
- Developed Session beans to manage the business logic for the application and Message driven beans to trigger the report generation.
- Wrote PL/SQL procedures and functions on Oracle.
- Performed application performance tuning using JProfiler.
- Developed DAO’s, Persistence objects for Object Relational Mapping using Hibernate.
- Developed server side application, which handles the database manipulation with the back-end Oracle, database using Hibernate 3.0.
- Applied Inversion of Control (IOC) in spring and developed JavaBeans based configuration management.
- Implemented unit testing using TestNG framework.
- Handled production support of the application.
- Used TFS for version control and also used it as defect tracker to track all the QA and Production issues
- Actively participated in the development of Sequence diagrams, Activity flow diagrams and Class diagrams in the design phase using Rational Rose.
- Configured the Struts environment by developing the POJO objects, Validator plugin, form beans, dynamic action/validator forms, controller, message resource, action mappings, and forwarding/ navigation definitions.
- Developed modules using Spring 2.0 Framework for Dependency injection through configuration files and ease the integration of different frameworks.
- Involved in the integration of Struts and Spring 2.0 for implementing Dependency Injection (DI/IOC)
- Developed code for obtaining bean references in Spring IOC framework.
- Developed functional modules in the Data Access Layer using Hibernate with IBM DB2 as the backend database.
- Involved in creating build script using ANT and deployed on Web Sphere Application Server 6.1.
- Worked Web Services Composition and used development tools like JAXB API, JAX-RPC and JAX-WS.
- Marshall and Unmarshall SOAP request and SOAP response by using JAXB API.
- Implemented JMS development and configured JMS on Weblogic Portal Server9.0.
- Implemented Exception Handling, Error Handling, Custom tag libraries and Log4j Framework.