IT Architect - Engineer (Enterprise, Solutions, Systems, SOA, Technical, Application, Integration, and other Architectural Domains) / Team Leader / Developer / Delivery expert with over 25 years of experience in a wide range of Enterprise, Financial, Healthcare, Insurance, Retail, Aerospace and Defense, al, and other industries. Extensive experience with large high performance, highly available, distributed concurrent, enterprise systems. Specialist in Core Java, J2EE, performance engineering, object oriented approaches and programming, UML, agile methodologies, integration, database programming, tuning, design, infrastructure, and web enabled applications. Strong applied experience in software engineering, enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, development, object-oriented design and applications, application and systems architecture, process management, integration, and assessment of applications. As a Partner I created proposals and delivered proposals and had sales quotas to maintain. Seeking to join a stable organization to use my creativity, experience, and insight to deliver the highest quality solutions and collaborate with intelligent, insightful team members.
Very strong technical, analytic, and software enablement skills; Strong development, troubleshooting, performance, analysis, design, and consensus gathering skills; Creative, disciplined, and extremely productive; A natural mentor, highly adaptable, and possesses many soft skills; Strong team player; Excellent ability to capture and implement requirements and re-mediate issues. Strong applied knowledge of Enterprise, Application, and Web Development including full application life cycle experience. Strong evaluation and integration skills, a strong business and applications background, and entrepreneurial spirit. Possesses very strong communication skills (written, oral, presentations), as well as mentoring, leadership, and team building skills as well as broad based applied knowledge in a wide range of technologies, processes, and approaches.
- Work towards consolidating multiple legacy applications and expand capabilities utilizing the TGOF methodology
- Design and implement a major integration project for a primary Apple function.
- Program in Cocoa and ObjectiveC.
- The objective was to consolidate 15 separate applications by communicating with them through an API that I designed and represent them all in a single GUI with the Apple look and feel.
- Performance was very important as these applications were developed and acquired from multiple sources, many of which were Java / Linux /Mainframe based and they did not intercommunicate.
- Effort was put into profiling the applications and analyzing AWR, DB, Unix, error rates and other reports as well as network, appliance, and security performance as well as the performance of the GUI on the client.
- The API was developed using best practice and consistently monitoring system throughput, TPS, and Java behaviors.
Partner - Architectural Expert, Technical and Performance Architect
- Provide Technical, Application, System, Solution, and Performance expertise as a technical expert.
- Primary focus has been true Enterprise projects leveraging a wide range of technologies including J2EE, Oracle, .NET, mainframe, DB2, System Infrastructure and Integration, performance design, and implementations for Fortune 100 companies and government institutions.
- Performance assessment and remediation of a large complex distributed Teamcenter PLM system.
- Duties included analysis of application and system topology with global service providers and stakeholders.
- Move applications to appropriate hosting resources, tune the systems and application for improved performance, and make recommendations for future needs and capacity based on the company’s growth plan.
- Data Transformation and performance analysis to determine system capacity transaction processing to meet non-functional requirements for production system as well as make recommendations for the 2.0 release as defined by business requirements. Designed, developed, and delivered a complex, flexible Java based transformation tool to move data through several different input and output formats and apply complex rules for prescription drugs.
Integration / SOA Architect
- Architectural Lead for On-line Provider Directory system as well as integration with multiple internal and external systems.
- Provide support for 4-12 projects simultaneously.
- The primary focus of this position was to map consumers to provider services and eliminate bottlenecks, establish efficiencies, and meet non-functional performance and growth requirements.
- Define and specify new atomic and composite services to support new functionality to follow best practices and minimize impact to existing services and infrastructure.
- Technologies included IBM WebSphere Portal Server, IBM WebSphere, DB2, IBM AIX, and IBM Enterprise Service Buss in a multi-platform distributed environment.
- Responsibilities included new development as well as remediation of performance and application issues.
- During my tenure I identified Database issues with unsupported drivers and driver configuration, JVM issues with heap size within the Web Sphere Application and Portal Servers, inefficiencies in code which caused high network traffic and inefficient Database utilization which was remediated by moving some services calls to stored procedures.
- A general health overview was performed on the database and application tiers to insure appropriate versioning.