- 7+ years of experience in designing Build process, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Packaging Quality Control, Source Code repository & Environment management.
- Develop, enhance and maintain the build, deployment and configurations for continuous integration and automate regression and acceptance testing.
- Automate the Build and deploy of all internal Java environments using various continuous integration tools and scripting languages.
- Release Process Implementation like DevOps and Continuous Delivery methodologies to existing Build & Deployment Strategies.
- Experience with Build Management tools like Ant and Maven.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet and Sonatype Nexus.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Perforce and PVCS.
- Written build scripts from scratch for new projects and for new modules within existing projects.
- In - depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Perl and XML.
- Expertise in Enterprise repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc.
- Maintained local team repositories and Organization’s central repositories for Maven.
- Deployed Applications into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with various Application server technologies like WebLogic, Jboss& Apache Tomcat.
- Extensive experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle with emphasis in Designing, Developing, Implementation, Deployment and Support of distributed enterprise scalable, secure and transactional J2EE applications.
- Develop and configure of Continuous Integration (CI) scripts for releases and Enhancing/Maintaining to suite the request from teams across the organization.
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging, deployment, release methodology and application configurations.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef and Jenkins.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
Operating System: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS
Versioning Tools: CVS, Subversion, Clear case, GIT
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Makefile
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest.
Languages: C++, PL/SQL and Java/J2EE.
Scripting: Shell scripting, Python, Perl scripting.
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, Servlets, JDBC, JSP.
Web/App servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
Database: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL SERVER, MySQL.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr DevOps Engineer
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus) and Continuous delivery environment (puppet).
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, Instalshield and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Develop and implement an automated Linux infrastructure using Puppet.
- Wrote Puppet models for installing and managing java versions.
- Wrote a Python plugin for collected to write metrics to statsd.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in Openstack cloud.
- Deploying the Openstack components on multimode with high availability environment.
- Handled Jira tickets for SCM Support activities.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the Java based release code packages.
- Provided the assistance for the smooth phase of Release for the Emergency and Expedite Releases by getting the Director Level Approval and coordinating with different teams.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labeling of files.
- Provided end-user for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Build and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Puppet, OpenStack, Ant, Maven, Subversion, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus Pro, Tomcat, Sonar, Jira, Remedy, Python, Ruby, Unix, Perl, Shell Scripts.
Confidential, Peoria, IL
DevOps Engineer/SCM Engineer
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Helped developers and other project teams to set views and environments.
- Created and applied Baselines and Labels for each Build Artifacts.
- Created UCM Projects, Development and Integration views for Development and Integration Streams.
- Chef to aid with our deployment process, and migrating in house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWSOpsWorks stacks across 4 product platforms
- Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and Industry best practices.
- Managed GIT and SVN as Source Control Systems
- Created Pre-operation and Post-operation triggers in UCM.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Provided level one support for build troubleshooting and production issues.
- Responsible for the EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push them to different environments and monitor their status.
- Performed merges for each build from Development Branch to Integration Branch.
- Created the Release Management plan with the implementation schedule.
- Conducted Sanity Testing to verify for the right build is deployed.
- 24/7 on call support for emergency site maintenance and immediate build and install requests.
- Worked with the automated scripts for the Build and Deployment of the applications.
- Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for the purpose of build and install on different environments.
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- Used Puppet for Continuous Delivery. Managed CI and CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Created the build instructions docs and install (deploy) instructions docs for each application for different environments.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Eclipse, Chef, AWS (Amazon Web Services) Ant, Maven, Subversion, SVN, GIT, Python, Ruby, Nexus, Sonar, Jenkins, PERL, BASH, Solaris, UNIX.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Coordinating different tasks with different teams for creating usage models for different projects.
- Involved for setting up of Subversion-SVN server, server maintenance, Client machines setup.
- Developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures documents.
- Used Perl scripts for deployment code on multiple servers.
- Implemented ClearCaseand Subversion branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Performed regular builds and deployment of the packages for testing in different Environments (DEV, QA, CERT, UAT and PROD).
- Perform smoke tests to ensure the integrity of code deployment.
- Automated build scripts using Cruise Control with ANT, Maven and Shell Scripts.
- Installation of Application on production and Test server for the use of application development and configuration.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects provided support for Application issues.
- Created the different QA environment Migration Release Notes and migrated it into the QA for testing the online Java code from Subversion.
- Created the new Migration Development Console for the online Migrations.
- Analyzed the Troubleshooting in QA, CERT, UAT and PROD environment issues and support the Production issues.
- Documented the policies and procedures for build, branching and labeling of ClearCase, Subversion and VSS, servers list, code merging, check in/checkout policies and Testing environments in Mindshare as a Web Application Support.
ENVIRONMENT: Java/J2EE Ant, Maven, Tomcat, Jboss, Jenkins, Clear Case, Subversion, JIRA, SVN, shell, Unix, MS SQL Server, Cruise Control.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst and Mangers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
- Deployed legacy applications into JBoss application server.
- Created shell scripts to automate the server bounce activities for JBoss application server.
- Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production on an Excel Sheet.
- Installed Jira and confluence on Tomcat server.
- Processed all the requests from the Developers through Remedy which is an IT process management tool and responsible for managing the code in Subversion (version controlling).
- Provided Build Scripts for Database Projects to Deploy DB and populate Test data in DB for various environments.
- Experience in setting Maven repository and pom.xml, Ant build.xml and managed the maven artifacts using Nexus repository.
- Edited and Modified POM.xml for a few applications that used Maven.
- Used Ant scripts to perform the builds and wrote a few build.xmls for application development teams.
Environment: Java, Hudson, Jboss, Subversion, Ant, Maven, Jira, Shell scripting.