- Seeking a leadership role in a software engineering organization where I can help build killer products with delightful customer experiences, where effective leadership, team building, creative problem solving, and the ability to make sound business and product decisions is required.
- Strong background in building killer products and application development frameworks on desktop, Web and mobile platforms, with user - facing experiences that delight customers.
- Leading & Managing distributed engineering teams, software design and architecture for network management applications, team building, product management and change management, using Agile, in both start-ups and large multinational companies.
- Skilled at understanding and managing large corporate client relationships, including translating their requirements to final solutions, and managing escalations. Strong interpersonal, communication and people management skills.
- Strong experience managing multiple scrum teams using Agile/Scrum, as a Product Owner and Certified Scrum Master.
- Passionate about developing an awesome culture where diverse people can do their best work, and establish standards for all operations from product conceptualization to GA releases, to ensure a fast, smooth delivery with excellent quality, while providing leadership in evolving technologies by identifying trends, developing proactive solutions and generating ideas for new offerings.
- Technical strengths in software infrastructure development, building clients for web-based, wireless and desktop, building software platforms for application development, deployment and management, OOP, mobile applications, data warehousing and network management applications.
- Eclipse RCP/SWT/RAP
- Java Beans
- JGo yFiles
- Unix/Linux/Windows SDK/Mainframe internals.
SW Engineering Manager/ Product Owner/Technical Leader
- Own the development of the overall strategy and vision, and the design, development and delivery/integration of the most widely adopted Web application development platform within Cisco, which included planning, management of large distributed teams consisting of multiple disciplines (Development engineers, Architects, Scrum Master/Product Owner, QA, Automation, UX and support staff), and day-to-day execution across multiple concurrent releases. Other work included design and development of a rich desktop and web based application platform using Eclipse RCP/SWT and RAP, next-gen application development frameworks for converged network management solutions, data access mediators, JMS based messaging, built-in debuggers for monitoring/troubleshooting.
- Architected and managed development of multiple end-to-end components, like Smart Services to integrate field applications with Cisco.com services like TAC Case Management and Cisco.com Support Community, Product Analytics, Topology, CORS, Preferences, Telemetry and others. My role included leading product design, managing resources and schedules, managing customer expectations, vendor relationships, providing technical guidance, hands-on development in some cases, and finally ensuring successful delivery of the product releases.
- Lead architecture discussions and technical engagements across multiple business units, and managed integration efforts with multiple products and services. Lead on-boarding discussions and demos of product features. Work closely with PMs and customers on planning & product requirements, UX for interaction/visual designs and flows, and QA for ensuring successful test strategies and automation.
- Lead joint initiatives with many different teams and partners, including a rich common Topology solution, and a client framework for Orion, an MSS focused on Call Manager and Voice services for Managed Service Providers.
Sr. Engineering Manager
- Hands-on engineering management, including technical design & architecture, development and delivery of the core Everypath platform, including the Mobile Development Studio and Everypath Management Console, that provided a foundation to build and deploy connected or sparingly connected mobile applications, to support centralized management of mobile applications, devices, servers, mobile users and their profiles, feature controls based on roles, device packages, deploy and upgrade support, monitoring, etc..
- Managed engineering and QA across US and India, product milestones, development and delivery of multiple product releases of the platform, and co-ordination with multiple teams like Professional Services, Mobile Task Automation teams, QA and Partner support groups.
- Actively contributed to the platform design and architecture, gathered requirements, authored several functional and design specifications across releases, and mentored new employees.
- Helped design sparingly connected type of applications, including data mapping support, integrated interactive design-time simulation and debugging, smart text editing, plug-in architecture for data sources, XSLT & metadata based language validation; import/export of schemas/data, RBAC and licensing, and various tools for the platform, like tools for deployment, platform configuration, etc.