Over 10 years of experience in delivering enterprise solutions in Banking, e - commerce, m-commerce, workflow and web based arena. Expertise in conceptualizing, designing and coding technical solutions and developing REST APIs using Spring Boot, Java8, Spring Framework, Oracle in Java/J2EE stack and NodeJS and MongoDB in MEAN stack . Expertise in developing application using technologies such as Spark and Kafka. Implemented backend jobs to load data from different sources like transactional system and integrated with Kafka. Consumed Spark Streaming APIs to perform necessary transformations and actions on the data flowing from Kafka and persisted into database . In depth exposure to Web 2.0 solutions, developing web services, OOAD architecture and modeling and designing artifacts to satisfy peculiar and complex business problem statements. Strong interpersonal and communication skills combine with expert technical knowledge to work with business owners to understand, document and refine requirements and to translate them into technical specifications.
Java Enterprise Edition, Chordiant BPM, servlets, struts, data access objects, java server pages/faces, object oriented development, Hibernate, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring REST, SOAP web services, JAXB, Maven, Ant
SQL, PLSQL, HQL; UML and Use Case/Class Diagramming, Pseudo - coding for design
Swagger for API documentation
Test Driven Development (TDD)
Web, Application, and Database Servers (installed and managed in local and production environments)
HTTP Web Servers (Apache HTTPD, IIS in various configurations)
Java (JEE) Application Servers (Tomcat, WebLogic 8.1, JBoss, Glassfish, Jetty, WebSphere)
Database Management Systems (Mongo DB, Oracle 10g, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server )
Java IDE s: Net Beans, Eclipse, JDeveloper 10g, IntelliJ (notepad and vim), STS
Version Control: Subversion, Clear Case, MS Visual SourceSafe, CVS, Git, Perforce
DBMS tools: MongoDB Compass, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Developer, MySQL Admin, TOAD
MS SharePoint, JIRA, Jenkins
MS Windows 2000 - Windows 7(current desktop), including 2008 Server
Banking, finance, healthcare and asset servicing.
Agile Development Methodology
Rich experience in requirement gathering, OOAD, architecture design, technology stack implementation, project delivery, code quality and team management
End to end project implementation experience from analysis phase to implementation.
Senior Java Developer
- Architecting Restful Web services as per Microservices architecture and implementing using Spring boot, Spring REST, Spring JDBC and Java8.
- Implementing test cases following TDD approach using Spring and Mockito frameworks to ensure 100% code coverage and maintaining coding standards using Checkstyles and FindBugs.
- Expertise in developing application using technologies such as Spark and Kafka. Implemented backend jobs to load data from different sources like transactional system and integrated with Kafka. Consumed Spark Streaming APIs to perform necessary transformations and actions on the data flowing from Kafka and persisted into HANA database as shared data.
- Creating data model as per business use case and loading business rules in SAP HANA database for pricing application used to price Confidential products across regions.
- Creating Swagger documents for finalizing the contract between front end and back end for API development.
- Working on the security implementation with spring security and Siteminder integration.
- Performing the code review process using Git and documenting the coding standards based on OOAD and J2EE design patterns
- Leading the team for development of pricing application in agile methodology that includes responsibilities like user story grooming, distribution, defining milestones, and deriving metrics using Rally.
- Deriving software component requirements from product requirement, reviewing models and test cases, showcasing progress of project to higher management, defining and adhering to process.
Confidential. Miami, FL
Senior Java Developer
- I worked as a Senior Java Developer in designing, developing, testing the Return Items module in microservices architecture using Spring REST, Spring JDBC for FPL, creating the product for the business users to be able to control the business rule that govern the return items associated with the FPL account and the actions taken on the account (Charge a fee, put the account on Cash Only etc.) in Agile methodology.
- Currently as a result of this project implementation, the users have the capability to create/modify/view/export the business rules using this web application instead of the logic being hardcoded in the mainframe program.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Senior Java Developer
- I served as Senior Java Developer and Agile Scrum Master on a highly talented Java Development team leveraging innovative technologies such as Java 8 and Spring MVC.
- I have played a lead technical role in establishing every tier of our application from writing the Rest Services and clients, creating Data Access Objects layer and designing UI wireframes.
- Developed using strict Agile/Scrum, fixed the vulnerability issues reported by InfoSec for Photos and VUDU integration and I owned and delivered the tomcat upgrade for the legacy components of Confidential .
- I also lead the way in the final legacy decommissioning of various components which was critical to a successful product release all under heavy scrutiny, short outage window and a tight deadline.
- This included the detailed analysis of the existing functionality and the features and creating the baseline for the new platform.
- I owned the platform components like Cache, Session, DAO and Third Party integration with Confidential and resolved the production incidents within the timelines of SLA.
- Pharmacy Communication Preference - application developed using Spring MVC, Spring Rest Microservices, Hibernate and Java 8 to capture the communication preference of a pharmacy customer. Involved and mostly lead in every technical aspect of development delivering quick iterations during a fast bi-weekly sprint cycle.
- VUDU Integration: Developed the checkout flow and designed and implemented Spring boot, Spring REST Microservices to integrate VUDU with Confidential . This required the complex design and development of the order checkout workflow. In addition, created the proxy Gateway application to access Vudu services from Confidential and vice versa.
- Developed microservices in Vudu platform using Node JS and Mongo DB.
Engineering Lead & Senior Java Developer
- I led the team of five developers for the Purchase Rewards module of online banking site. Our goal was to design, develop, and maintain the features for the newly on boarded FIs.
- Example applications developed include asset management, test automation portal, project phase management, etc.
- My team implemented common coding practices like Object Relational Mapping, Agile/Scrum methodology, Dev/Test/Production environment separation, source version control, unit - testing and code reviews.
- Functionality developed for Purchase Rewards
- Created the PR Alerts module using Spring RESTful Web services and Hibernate to send the alerts of offers expiring and to be redeemed to the banking customers.
- Implemented a new API to improve the performance of the Alerts module.
- IDeveloped a module using Spring MVC and Hibernate to facilitate the integration with Cardlytics that held the offer details of each customer
- Designed and delivered a functionality in PR widget to show the offers attached to each transaction and link it to the Pending Offers module.
- Created a deploy recipe to automate the D2D process using Jenkins.
- Designed and developed Technical/Program specifications from the business requirement.
- Create Design deliverables as defined in the project plan.
- Develop application as per the architecture and project standards.
- Liaised with the clients regularly for clarifications, business rules and dependency resolution. Peer Review of all deliverables.
- Perform Unit Tests and perform defect fixes. Also maintained the issue tracker for all project related issues.
- Communicate any delays in the design and development activities to the Offshore /Onsite lead. In corporate the review comments provided by the offshore tech lead and Onsite teams.
- Sample of modules developed or maintained for Confidential:
- Provider portal - developed and maintained the provider portal. Implemented the Provider Search module using JSF and Hibernate
- CSI - CSI Application main purpose is to serve HN Call center to provide information for Members / Providers as below. Created the technical design document for the search criteria and developed using Struts, iBatis and SOAP Web Services
- Member & Group Information
- Provider/Physician/Profile Information
- Claim, Authorization & Fee schedule Information
- Designed and developed the functionality using Java, JSF and Chordiant Rules wherein the user captures the product intention of the business.
- The user seeks business permission to conduct credit and fraud check. Based on the Fraud and Credit check scorer and KYB, the Eligible product for the business and account party are displayed. The business account party then selects the products from the eligible product list.
- Developed the module for the user to collect contact details for marketing preference (Business and account party).
- The user confirm the business account party Identification via ID proof documents.
- The Customer accepts the products selected. Product Fulfillment is done and information on account opening is sent to TMS.
- Developed agitar rules and participated in jprofile activities
- Prepared JUnit test cases, system test cases and conducted design reviews and code reviews.
- Deployed the application using ANT build scripts and used Cruise Control for automated builds.