- Around 7 years of software design and development experience, in various domains using Ruby on Rails(ROR), Java/J2EE.
- 4 years of expertise using Ruby on Rails (ROR) and around 3 years of expertise using Java/J2EE in web application development.
- Developed full stack web applications in Ruby on Rails.
- Hands on experience in creating components using React.js
- Experience in building out Application Performance Monitoring solutions using New Relic.
- Good exposure to version control systems like GIT, Perforce, SVN and RVM.
- Good working knowledge in implementing Active Record, Action Pack, Action Mailer etc.
- Experience in implementing Rails MVC and Helpers.
- Experience in complete Software Product Development Life Cycle (SDLC) throughout my career.
- Experience in Installing/Configuring Adobe CQ.
- Experience in Agile Development, Amazon Web Services (AWS)and Heroku.
- Experience in developing and converting the existing static web sites to the efficient and dynamic ones.
- Writing Ruby Wrappers and Ruby Gems for different functionalities.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture(SOA)by using technologies like REST and SOAP.
- Experience with payment processing using Rails Active Merchant.
- Build server deployment on Cloud AWS (EC2) servers with help of Chef\Puppet.
- Extensive experience on relational databases in creating and maintaining databases, which includes configuration, query optimization and de - normalization.
- Good working knowledge of various databases and ORM wrappers with Rails applications.
- Proficient in designing and building Rails API’s.
- Experience on Core Java technology, which includes multi-threading, JDBC, RMI, network programming.
- With CICD understood how to maintain a code repository, automate the build, make the build self-testing, everyone commits to the baseline every day.
- Experience in Test Automation using Selenium Web Driver, Rspec and Cucumber.
- Proven background in handling several responsibilities like Client interactions, Requirement Analysis, Development, Reviews.
- Proficient in deploying skills by using Capistrano.
- Troubleshooting and maintaining Web Applications.
- Strong communication skills and excellent team player.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, good grasp and retentive.
Operating Systems: Linux (Ubuntu/Fedora/RHEL/centOS), Mac OS X, Windows.
Programming Languages: Ruby, Java, React, Python, Ajax, JQuery, C,C#
Databases: Sequel, MySQL, RDBMS, Oracle, PostgreSQL
Framework: Ruby on Rails, Hibernate, Struts
Web/Application Servers: Apache, Tomcat
Mark-up Languages: HTML, ERB, HAML, XHTML, XML
SCM Tools: GIT, Perforce
Development Methodologies: OOAD, SDLC, Unit Testing, AGILE, SCRUM.
Testing Frameworks: Unit Test, RSpec, Cucumber
CMS: Adobe CQ5/AEM, JCR, Sling, Package Manager, CRXDELite
Deployment Tools: Heroku, Capistrano, Jenkins
Confidential, Dublin, CA
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Designed and developed data oriented solutions in Ruby on Rails and React.
- Design and build front end web pages and UI Screens using React.
- Worked with Ruby database access toolkit for Ruby using Sequel.
- Implemented various screens for the front end using React and used predefined components from Node package manager.
- Used various bootstrap components like date picker, time picker, alert, buttons, react-table, modal and also react-bootstrap components.
- Worked with Postman for API testing.
- Created and enhanced stored procedures, tables and views in both SQL server and Oracle DB.
- Created Restful API http services to interact with UI and was responsible for building the code to Dev and QA environment.
- Worked with complex queries on SQL and ORACLE databases.
- Developed and optimized Stored Procedures and Functions using SQL.
- Participated in multiple projects and interacted with peers.
- Gathered business requirements and converted it into SQL Stored procedures.
- Actively participated in daily scrum meetings and weekly team meetings to deliver high quality applications and to maintain application and development standards.
- Worked with different gems involved in development of an application such as Roo, sftp, creek.
- Worked with Tidal Enterprise Scheduler for scheduling automatic jobs.
- Communicated with the business to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver artifacts as needed, such as Business Requirements, Documents and Use cases.
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Followed Test-Driven Development (TDD) software development process in hybrid scrum/Kanban environment using Ruby on Rails, Perforce, AEM and GitHub.
- Design and build front end components using Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
- Maintain complex Apache httpd server configurations using SSL, rewrite rules, name-based virtual hosts.
- Worked and build new gems for application development.
- Troubleshooting a variety of performance issues and other problems using New Relic.
- Report on systems and network performance and utilization based on requirements leveraging existing tools like New Relic.
- Worked with different gems involved in development of an application such as Bundler, Rails, Passenger, RubyRacer.
- Practiced Test-Driven development with miniTest, Rspec tool and Behavior-Driven development using Cucumber.
- Worked with QA team in designing and developing automated test cases.
- Involved in Scrum software development methodology. JIRA project and issue tracking software.
- Direct interaction with the marketing and business team.
- Involved in technical and business requirement for implementing and supporting new workflows in the current application.
- Took Agile Foundation class and got certified for the same.
- Worked on Git, GitHub, AmazonEC2 and deployment using Heroku.
- Using CICD, created build scripts for applications using Jenkins.
- Worked on Capistrano commands to develop deploy scripts and used Jenkins to build applications.
- Support OPS Team by clearing the tech and deployment issues.
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Involved in full life cycle of software development.
- Designed and developed various modules and components.
- Support bug fixes and enhancements.
- Able to successfully integrate Balanced API for payments module.
- Integrated various key modules like consumers, businesses, conversations, jobs, payments and transactions.
- Implemented Active Merchant for credit card processing by using E4 Gateway.
- Integrating third party SOAP and Rest API’s with new and existing web applications.
- Responsible for configuring, integrating, and maintaining all Development, QA, Staging and Production PostgreSQL databases within the organization.
- Experience in deploying to Amazon EC2 instances, maintaining multiple environments using Chef recipe.
- Implemented client notification system using Action Mailer during the life cycle of a job.
- Worked with Device and Omniauth gems for user authentication and social login.
- Integrated SOAP based id verification system to the application.
- Designed and developed front-end of the application using Rails, CSS, JSON and jQuery.
- Followed TDD and BDD using RSpec, Cucumber and wrote selenium scripts whenever possible.
- Deployed applications to production and assisted in improving the deploy techniques.
- Involved in architecting and designing of infrastructure and applications.
- Involved in sprint planning and prioritization meetings.
Environment: Ruby 1.9.3/2.0.0 , Rails 3.2.16/ 4.0.3/4.2.0 , Sublime, PostgreSQL, Rspec, Selenium, HTML, CSS, jQuery, GitHub, Ubuntu, JIRA, RVM, POW, semaphore.
Associate Developer (Java)
- Responsible for design and development of Web Application using Struts Framework and written Action Classes.
- Did technical design to conform to Struts (MVC) framework.
- Made use of almost all Object Oriented concepts like Inheritance, Polymorphism and Abstraction.
- Application and user level configurations have been maintained by using XML files.
- Widely used HTML for web based design.
- Implemented MVC using Struts framework.
- Created and implemented PL/SQL stored procedures, triggers.
- Designing and documenting of the stored procedures.