- Over 7+ years of experience in developing software applications and web development in the IT industry as Senior Software Designer/Developer/Engineer.
- Extensive experience using Java, J2EE, JMS, HTML, DHTML, EJB, JSP, Servlet, XML, Spring MVC, Spring AOP, JProfiler, New Relic, POI, Jasper, ZPL, UML Rational Rose, SOLID & GRASP design patterns, JIRA, SONAR, C++, C, Pascal and related Technologies.
- Full life cycle experience (SDLC), from user interface / requirements definition, through specification development, construction, testing and documentation.
- Worked on large client assignments and gained expertise in n - tier architecture project development.
- Working with Java (JDK 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7,1.8), JSP, Servlets, Struts, Spring Boot, Spring Data-JPA, Hibernate,, Webservice (SOAP, REST), JAX-B, JMS, JSF, Ajax, DWR, JDBC, javax.crypto, Apache, UML, XML Schema.
- Extensive Swing based GUI applications and applets development experience from AWT to JFC.
- Experience in UML Modeling (Sequence diagrams, Class diagrams, Activity Diagrams in macro& micro level design).
- Developing new scratch Web services (SOAP, REST, WSDL, JAX-RPC and JAX-WS) using CXF and Jersey.
- Developed Spring Boot based Micro Services & implemented Spring cloud/Netflix API architecture patterns (Eureka Service discovery, Configuration server)
- Used Agile development methodology in multiple projects
- Experience working on SQL Server and MYSQL databases
- Administering and deploying web applications on Weblogic, and Apache Tomcat.
- Strong experience in XML technologies on server and client-side in J2EE solutions.
- Strong architecture and design skills in web-based B2B & B2C applications, n-tier architectures, database & development of J2EE platform with stress on SOA, OOA/OOD and Application Security
- Expertise in web-based GUIs development using Applets, JSP, HTML, AJAX, DHTML, CSS
- Fully aware of Concurrent Processing, Deadlock Handling Synchronization, Process Management.
- R&D in Advanced Data Structures & Algorithms(Trees, Graphs ) using the Bailey structure package.
- Can develop Swing based highly attractive GUIs according to any level of Graphics requirements.
- Zebra printing capabilities for Inventory Label printing(ZPL).
- Grab & Go for Food & Beverage using JSF(icefaces).
- Using Inno Setup, developed the NS Application's fresh installation tool.
Servers: IBM WebSphere 7, Apache Tomcat Server 4.1/5.0/6,7,8, Jersey Container Grizzly2 Http, JBOSS
Databases and Tools: MySQL 4/5x, MS SQL Server 2008, MS Access, Stored Procedures, DB Visualizer, DB Artisan, TOAD, SQL Yog, MySQL Front.
IDEs: IBM Rational Application Developer 7.5, Eclipse Kepler, JBuilder, Intellij IDEA, Bea WebLogic Workshop Studio8.1, STS
Senior J2EE Developer
- Used MVC Struts 1.3, Struts tag libraries, HTML, JSTL, AJAX, Java script for the Presentation layer
- Developed the Struts Form Beans and Action Classes and added the audit logging support using AOP approach
- Developed JSP Filters to add and handle the common functionalities
- Development of hibernate mapping files using Middlegen Tool
- Developed a DAO Service Layer using Hibernate and provide a standardized integration between DAO layer and the Action classes
- Implemented the SSO feature in NS-Connect G&G for food on the go - using the encrypted member authentication token/key.
- Fulfilled the cache requirements by replacing the inMemory object cache to hibernate L2 cache for Printing Services.
- Developed the Item Requisition/Transfer features in Purchasing module using Spring-MVC & Jboss-Fues bundle deployment.
- Wrote the shell scripts to configure the application on the main installation server
- Developed the Java Web services using Apache Axis. These web services provide an integration between NS and other Tee Time Systems
- Developed the integration interfaces using JMS/ActiveMQ to connect to other PMS systems.
- Developed a higher level standardized infrastructure to process the XML data using SAX/DOM parsers and used XSLT to transform the data accordingly
- Developed a framework for the tasks scheduling using Quarts Scheduler.
- Developed an API for Retail Inventory Interface with Falcon Gun running, Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC with the help of Falcon 4400 Series. Evaluated the JDK 1.1.8 AWT user interfaces on CreME API but the UI was not accepted by the customers. Then tried J9 from IBM and found several UI problems. At the end I had to switch to .NET C# solution and the product was highly accepted by the customers.
- Adopted J2EE practices and design patterns like Factory, Abstract Factory, Singleton and Builder
- Involved in the development of Credit Card support using CyberSource, ETS, Shift4, OpenEdge APIs. Integrated the Credit Card functionality with POS and RPOS
- Adopted the Agile/XP/Scrum methodologies to implement the SDLC
- Designed and developed excellent Logging Mechanism for each order process using Log4J
- Testing and debugging of applications using JUnit, TestNG
- Used CVS/GIT for version control.
- Extensive experience in SSH/SSL & Java Key Tool management in creating Certificate Requests, Installations and Browsers integrations for secure contents and its related domain of problems.
Environment: Java, JSP, JSTL, Servlets, Spring, MVC Struts, Hibernate, Jasper Reports, Velocity, Quartz, XML, Web Services, WSDL, SOAP, RestFul, AXIS, JERSEY, JIRA, Visio, ANT, CVS, SONAR, jackson ObjectMapper, Mantis, OOAD, TDD, JProfiler, Gatling Scripting, Eclipse, Linux Ubuntu14, Win 2008 SSO (single-sign-on) ; Team Size: 70
- Developed Easy to use POS for many different types of business, food, retail, Bus Ticketing etc.
- Created the PLU live insert update feature of the products in POS machine from the Concessionaire IT Head Office.
- Developed the Live Sale for the Concessionaire Head Office and DIAL Central Server for fraud protection.
- Used XSLT for supporting many different kinds of data formats from concessionaires.
- Developed the CCTV Web Services with Milestone for live camera and user actions on POS Terminal.
- Data archiving facility and automatic Shop Startup to scale to +1000 parallel concessionaires.
- Setup the MySQL Cluster 7.3 on Central Server for quick recovery and load balancing.
- To easily manage the 300+ production servers, developed the Online SQL Yog, Log Viewers online so that the busy production machine is not disturbed while debugging. Logs can be scheduled to FTP on demand.
- Investigated the serious performance issue for DAC ( Detroit Athletic Club ) and found a bad setter method causing the infinite loop.
- Developed a Tool for finding the JDBC Connection Leaks in the code. This API is written on top of org.apache.commons.dbcp API. (Java Method Call Tracing, JDBC Connector for MySQL, commons.dbcp ).
- Developed the Linux Scripts to auto backup the CVS repos using crons and ncftp.
- Introduced the New Relic for quickly identifying the system slowness root causes to replace JProfiler.
- Developed the Fast Food POS System for Quiznos that has fast Sale/Payment and Recipe Management features.
- Provided the SSH solution for very easy to use operations for SFTP for the lay man users.
- Developed the XSLT wrapper for xalan-j to parse the complex data formats to convert to a standard format to assist the Data Migration Team.
- Developed the Data Security solution for MySQL/JDBC. Encryption, Decryption and Secrete Key management using DESede&javax.crypto are the main features of this API.
- Developed a Generic Item Master that imports the PLUs from remote locations for daily rate changes, new products. Every vendor had its own custom data formats and Item Master manages them with a XML parser to convert in the standard format.
- Closely worked with the DFS Development team to develop the Passport and Boarding Pass APIs for Duty Free Shops.
- Developed the complete solution for publishing the EJs to the Concessionaire Audit Servers.
- Designed the Interface for Inventory Adjustments from Other Stores and Home Office using Java, XML and XStream & jackson ObjectMapper API.
- Developed the XML API for publishing the Sales XML packets which are transferred as soon as a Sale is completed to get the Live Sale concept.
- Provided all the Consolidated Reports from CS to replace Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic.
- Developed the NFS fulfillment API using XSLT, so that the variety of data formats can be handled.
- Developed a ZPL API for LP 2824 Plus using cups4j. Introduced XML based configuration for multiple label coordinates and display requirements. Also developed a JNLP plugin for Mac Client Side printing.
- Developed a prototype using MythTV and Miro for Smart TV concept.
- Created an easy to use Quartz API that simplifies the cron expressions and use of complex Quartz Connections and backend threads and tables.
- Developed a Mail Merge API using Java that reads the data from a CSV file and generates/parses RTF documents to support the important keys of MS Word like MERGEFIELD, DATA, HYPERLINK, TIME, PAGE, SYMBOL, MERGEFORMAT & ARABIC etc.
- Introduced the edtftpj-pro for easy to use FTP/SFTP needs. Provided a browser based GUI that integrates Quartz Jobs with the FTP Interfaces.
- Created a BI based Event Streaming API that sends SMS & Email Alerts to targeted audiences when a defined event happens.
- Developed a JPEG to RTF stream Converter for MS Word documents being rendered by Velocity (JPEG & RTF Binary Knowledge, Bit Level Mathematical Work in Java, Fast Stream Operation in java.nio )
- Provided a JNLP based set of tools that enable easy Mantis Integration for Release and Deployment needs.
- Did extensive CVS Management like tagging, build, branching and Continuous Integration.
- Introduced the Static Code Analysis, culture and developed the PMD, CPD & Find Bugs ANT scripts.
- Developed a MCM API for data transfers from multiple clubs. Used AXIS based SOAP web services.
- Developed tools for JVM monitoring and performance measurements. (JVM Internals, Jprofiler, JVM Heap Tuning, Explicit GC in background intelligent monitors).
- Provided an i18N solution for multi currency and date display needs.
- Worked on online payment processing solution. The API developed is based on Cybersource, Verisign& ETS Money, Pay Pros and Shift4. (Java/XML, SOAP, simapi-java-2.0.0, PayflowPro).
- Transformed the report rendering and jasper designs for multi currency support and easy to accommodate the changes.
- Support forMulti Sitewithin the Sale Purchase life cycle of Northstar Club Management System.
- Enhanced the POS System functionality and enable its support foriPAD devices&MAC books.
- Key contributor in the design and implementation of new features forBrowser Based PrintingSolution for POS.
- Web Service Integration as a fall back approach for java printing.
- EasyPicker/AccuBar/InMotion/Clear Sky /
- Used comm.jar and Two Way Serial Communication for the Door Applet that sends the Open/Close signals on COM port.
- Developed a Graphical Studio for Room/Marina Layouts. Applet-Servlet Communication at its best, this project is a Swing based Vector Graphics application used to design Rooms, and Item Layouts in a Swing Applet. (Java 2D, Swing Applets, Servlets, JSP, MySQL, Vector Graphics, Distributed Object Serialization)
- Developed the HCNY( Harvard Club of New York ) Membership Management enhancements.
- Investigated the ULCC system performance and found the infinite loop in the code.
- Fixed the Precision of AR Charges using the enhanced mathematical formulation.
- Did the research for SSL Setup on Application Servers like Tomcat using GoDaddy, Thawte and Comodo certificates.
- To debug the complex performance problems on busy productions, developed a Query Logging and Optimization Tool that shows the bad queries in minutes and can be scheduled to send emails for quick attention.
- Developed a Server Critical Time E-Mail Alert using javax.activation API, Tomcat Lifecycle Knowledge & JVM Internals.